Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amherst Town Board Member Dan Ward Has Announced His 2nd Run for County Exec

I'm a Democrat and I consider him to be nothing less than an embarrassment to my party and more importantly - to my Town. When you compare him to his peers on the TB, he isn't even close to being one of the worst, but that isn't saying very much.

Originally Posted by WNYresident
    How many family members do the wards have working for us?
    Michele Iannello Ward in the Legislature.

Apparently Dan Ward was on the Kevin Hardwick radio show this morning selling himself. I missed it myself, but here's what some people had to say:
    He said on Hardick that he thinks Government is not big enough. He doesn’t think cutting the amount of elected officials is a good thing. What a jerk off the Ahole is. He wants more towns to have their own Police Departments. More tax dollars spent. He thinks county jobs should be increased. How does this jerk off propose paying for this? Higher taxes. Lawyers suck. After listening to this clown I am convinced that the Voters in NY are as dumb as rocks.
    I also listened to Ward on Hardwick's program. Ward sounded like he already had the CE position and was pontificating on how well he was gonna do. What a jerk, same old, same old, yada, yada crap from a professional politician who was never good at what he does and never will be!
    I didn't hear the interview. Did anyone catch how many times the self-proclaimed Nostradamus (even though in 2003 Dan Ward was preaching info fed to him by 2 Legislative staffers - yes, that's right, the Legislature knew what was coming) said "I told you so", which is going to be the entire theme of his 2007 campaign.

Townsfolk
    It will be interesting to see if Dan Ward gets the dem endorsement. The dems can most certainly do better than Ward and Lenihan knows this. However, Lenihan is just a figurehead/spokesman for the dems. Byron Brown and Dennis Ward are calling the shots now. Don't under estimate the power of Byron and Dennis. If Dan gets the endorsement, you know Dennis was influential.

Posted on The Dan Ward Website:

As far as the 2007 County Exec race goes, maybe we will be able to relax. Rumor has it that Lenihan is still trying to get Dan something so that he'll withdraw from the race, stop running for any more offices & get his 3 high years in the State retirement system. Top 3 at this point are:
    Heading up the Buffalo AG's office beginning 1/1/07; being County Attorney no matter what Democrat wins the 2007 election; or an appointment to the County Court bench.

OMG! Any of those positions filled by that slimeball would be the worst! He is not a protector, he is not real bright and most of all, he can't be trusted. But, on the up side......we'd get him out of Amherst.

This from the man who wants to be County Executive:

From the Buffalo News:

Weighty issues

The Amherst Town Board is known for lengthy, bruising debates over town finances, property assessments and other important policy matters.

But a recent official memo tackles a different sort of issue: "Wide Body Seats for the Town Hall Council Chambers."

The memo is a response to an August board resolution asking the building maintenance division to look into whether the town can install wider seats in the Town Hall chambers.

The resolution's sponsor, Dan Ward, told Off Main Street that Americans today on average are larger than they were decades ago when Town Hall was built.

He said no one's complained to him, but he has seen town residents struggle to squeeze into the 22-inch wide seats. "It is a serious problem," Ward said.

The memo said installing new 23-inch-wide seats would cost $223 per chair. It suggests adding rows of pews or removing arm rests "so that a wide person can occupy two seats."

Don't they have bigger things to worry about in Amherst?
    Thoughts are already being expressed at the Dan Ward Website. http://danwarddanwarddanward.blogspot.com/

driveway

Who was the Amherst pol who had the Highway dept fix his mother-in-law's driveway? Wasd that Ward or somebody else? Who are Ward's most reliable and ardent supporters and why?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmuir
    Who was the Amherst pol who had the Highway dept fix his mother-in-law's driveway? Wasd that Ward or somebody else? Who are Ward's most reliable and ardent supporters and why?
    Actually, the Amherst pol who had his mother in law's driveway fixed was Mohan's mentor and good pal, Jim Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmuir
    Yessssir, it was good ol' Jim Hayes, through his one-time buddy, Tom Wik, who fix the in-laws driveway. And you jerks reelected him. Nice, huh?

Who are Ward's most reliable and ardent supporters and why?
    Jeff Bono, deep personal love of Dan Ward.

A Wider Chair

DOES the COUNTY EXECUTIVE office HAVE A WIDER CHAIR!!
    IF IT DOES..then it makes sense that DAN WARD would want to run for COUNTY EXECUTIVE

wnybillsfan
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d.
    DOES the COUNTY EXECUTIVE office HAVE A WIDER CHAIR!!
    IF IT DOES..then it makes sense that DAN WARD would want to run for COUNTY EXECUTIVE
    Rip out the first four rows of the Town Hall Council Chambers audience seats, lay down some straw, rope it off, and have the oversized bodies with undersized brains cattle call out of the corral.

Quote Originally Posted by left wing
    Actually, the Amherst pol who had his mother in law's driveway fixed was Mohan's mentor and good pal, Jim Hayes.
    Does anyone know why Jim Hayes's nickname is "scooter"?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information