Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Amherst Town Board Member Dan Ward Has Announced His 2nd Run for County Exec

Former Ohio Republican Representative Bob Ney was sentenced today to 30 months in prison and fined $6,000. The sentence was harsher than recommended by prosecutors or Ney's lawyers, Huvelle said, because Ney had violated the trust place on him as a public official. "Both your constituents and the public trusted you to represent them honestly," she said.

So what about Dan Ward & the whole Canna mess & all the money, that Dan not speaking up about what he knew, cost the Town of Amherst? Wasn't Dan's inaction a violation of public trust?

http://danwarddanwarddanward.blogspot.com/

"So what about Dan Ward & the whole Canna mess & all the money, that Dan not speaking up about what he knew, cost the Town of Amherst? Wasn't Dan's inaction a violation of public trust?"

Yes.

Do you think Mohan should take a look at this issue? Somebody should!

[QUOTE=left wing]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona

Do you EVER tall to people who work for the Town who are not Democratic committeemen? The Town Engineer advised against the purchase of this building, saying it was going to cost a lot more than Mohan thought to renovate. No professional cost estimate was done prior to the purchase - Mohan said he would have some friends eyeball it to get an idea. The roof leaks - they are already having problems with that. It is not handicapped accessible. It has asbestos. It needs a great deal of renovation. People in the building and the finance departments advised against this purchase. There was no public hearing. These are facts, not matters of opinion. Ok, referring to Ward's ideas as "screwball" - yeah, that's an opinion. Widely held, I might add.

And how many Democratic committeemen are in work for the town in a town that has been controlled by the Republicans for 98 or the last 100 years.?

Why don't you and the weasel Oakley give us a number. Since you've raised the subject why don't you give us a number.

I don't expect I'll be seeing any number in Oakley's lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvoakley
    That last post has Wrona thinking. How's he going to turn that around?
    Hi Don. When will you be going to jail with the rest of the IP crooks?

You are just not popular anywhere Don- found this on another blog. Fortunately I have compassion for your trouble soul.

" No wonder your name is CompoundW, after the wart medicine! You cover up for people like Don Oakley, who wrote this trash that you cut and pasted. Let's not forget that Oakley is best buddies with TOM PECORARO, the former Independence chair in Amherst who promised to make Oakley the new chair. Problem was the members of the party (not any Democrats) voted out Pecoraro in 2004, and he couldn't keep his promise, so now Oakley has sour grapes. Let's not forget also that TOM PECORARO is mentioned in the News article for shaking down people for money through his T&T Publications! This is the same TOM PECORARO who endorsed great candidates (like O'Loughlin) whose sole mission is to give our Supervisor trouble, despite all the good she does for the town.

I don't trust anything Oakley says -- it's like the pot calling the kettle black.

# posted by Anonymous : 2:00 AM
    Last edited by mikewrona; January 27th, 2007 at 05:04 PM.

Tommy Tommy Tommy

Slow down Tommy, you going to get your kidneys all distended. Don,t know where you came up with all that crap you "lifted" from another blog but that's all it is ----crap.
    dono

[QUOTE=mikewrona]
    Quote Originally Posted by left wing

And how many Democratic committeemen are in work for the town in a town that has been controlled by the Republicans for 98 or the last 100 years.?

Why don't you and the weasel Oakley give us a number. Since you've raised the subject why don't you give us a number.

I don't expect I'll be seeing any number in Oakley's lifetime.

Do you understand the meaning of the phrase, "fiddling while Rome is burning"? Because, that is what you are doing, arguing about how many Democratic committeemen work in the town in response to my presentation of FACTS that, thanks to Council Member Ward and the sheep on the Town Board, we now own a building that is going to cost the taxpayers a fortune and which we were warned by professionals NOT to purchase.

Say it ain't so!

Is Dan Ward really bowing out of the County Exec race?

[QUOTE=left wing]

Do you understand the meaning of the phrase, "fiddling while Rome is burning"? Because, that is what you are doing, arguing about how many Democratic committeemen work in the town in response to my presentation of FACTS that, thanks to Council Member Ward and the sheep on the Town Board, we now own a building that is going to cost the taxpayers a fortune and which we were warned by professionals NOT to purchase.

If you equate Amherst with the destruction of Rome, you are dumber than I give you credit for.

[QUOTE=mikewrona]

If you equate Amherst with the destruction of Rome, you are dumber than I give you credit for.
    Do you understand the term "metaphor"?

[QUOTE=left wing]

Do you understand the term "metaphor"?
    You certainly don't!

met·a·phor /ˈmɛtəˌfɔr, -fər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[met-uh-fawr, -fer] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.” Compare mixed metaphor, simile (def. 1).
    2. something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol.

A burning Rome is a metaphor for Amherst. That's funny.

[QUOTE=mikewrona]

You certainly don't!

met·a·phor /ˈmɛtəˌfɔr, -fər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[met-uh-fawr, -fer] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.” Compare mixed metaphor, simile (def. 1).
    2. something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol.

A burning Rome is a metaphor for Amherst. That's funny.

Your own definition "A figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is NOT LITERALLY APPLICABLE..." says it all. You seem to be a very literal person, Mike.

From The Buffalo News:

Two members of the Amherst Town Board running for county executive will be hard-pressed to get nominations in their respective parties due to their exposure on cable television.
    Board meetings are a disgrace to our town. Do we really want these types to run our county?
    Speaking of our board, I hope Amherst residents vote for a change. Satish Mohan has been a good change for Amherst. He has been working hard to fulfill his promises and is willing to compromise, but it's tough to get anything done when you have board members - you know who they are - who have been there too long and can't accept change. One final note. There should be a prerequisite before taking a seat on the board - taking a class on "Robert's Rules."

Now let's sit back & see how long it will take Wrona & The Right View to bury this thread, as they do whenever there is anything written that reflects poorly upon their Danny Boy Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by WB_2004

Now let's sit back & see how long it will take Wrona & The Right View to bury this thread, as they do whenever there is anything written that reflects poorly upon their Danny Boy Ward.
    You know what's funny about a bold anonymous writer like you is that for all your smart ass talk, you pretty much remain an anonymous coward. Funny how you see it as a problem that I do pretty much always take Dan's side. On the other hand you don't see it as a problem that you always attack him.

Now out of all the politicians, good and bad, in Erie County how many of them have a single blog advertised by degenerates like you repeatedly on Speakupwny that is for the sole reason of attacking and humiliating one individual? I believe that answer is none.

I have a psychologist friend in Rochester who tells me, after I once told him about you and others who are on a mission of personal vendetta, that when one person, male or female, has an extremely strong fixation on another person it is usually do to a supressed love interest.

That being the case. Please seek help. Quickly!

[QUOTE=left wing]

Your own definition "A figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is NOT LITERALLY APPLICABLE..." says it all. You seem to be a very literal person, Mike.
    And you continue to be a mean spirited Republican who doesn't understand the use of a metaphor. Amherst & Rome.LOL

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information