Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Ban

All I have to say is try running for office it is not as easy as it seems.As a matter of fact I personally believe everyone needs to try running for some kind of office instead of complaining about the state of things. If we really want to change government it needs to start at the local level. The biggest changes can happen at this level. Then from there we can clean up the rest.The problem is getting the money out of government. It blinds the conscience of people in government.
    The government's role is not to guarantee jobs and wages or dole out money to anyone who asks for it.We have let our government do this and now we are facing the consequences of it.Certian people have thought of government as a bottomless pit of money but now I think all of us are finding out this isn't true.Everyone will pay the price because of the actions of a few.
    As I have said before in order to get our government healthy we need to have turnover a lot of it.I do not think our founding fathers intended for some of these guys to make a 20 or 30 year career out of public office.Take a hint from George Washington 8years and out.He served his time and went back home. A lot of other founders like Jefferson did the same. Most died poor and broke so what does this say about today's politicians "It's all about the money."that is what my grandfather always said and I hate to say it but he was 110 percent correct.
    It is a free country you can say what you want but in Ms.Haxton's case she never stood a chance of accomplishing anything because she was not a part of the so called machine.The way the machine goes after people that are not willing to "play ball" is well known. Granted in her case both sides are at fault. At times neither side has acted professionally but in her defense I will say this. From what I have seen at the council meetings I have attended in the past year she was the only one who ever asked any questions about money, expenses or recreational things like playgrounds etc. For that I commend her. On the other hand the hostile responses that she recieved when asking legit questions was unprofessional and unfounded. Our representatives need to ask questions about these things it is their job. This is the main reason I believe the council couldn't stand her. They do not want to be accountable to anyone but themselves. Just go to one of our council meetings and see for yourself what happens when questions are asked.They seem to think they are being attacked.I am sorry they feel that way but if our government was more open and accountable this would not happen.Once again we need people in office that will ask hard questions and not be afraid to take a hit when they do.If you go to any meeting in any town I am sure you will see a lot of puppet shows put on by the machine.If you want to change government go after the money that's where it'll hurt those in power most.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; January 1st, 2010 at 09:17 AM.

Post Grow Up!

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    I have issue with someone who constantly complains and points the finger at everyone else. Whether its true or not, when it comes from a politician it does get obnoxious.

I want to hear solutions from politicians---I want politicians to take initiative and solve problems or offer solutions to problems. I don't want to hear them complaining about each other all the time. That's my issue. Didn't say that she doesn't have good ideas or what not, she probably does. But when you constantly complain and point the finger at people it kinda diminishes your position a little bit...

Think about the kid that always got picked on in school----he/she got picked on MORE because they complained. It doesn't matter if they were right or wrong, that's how it went.
    Wow! "That's how it went." WoW. And You are a teacher? Many kids got picked on for their name or their out of style clothes their parents made them wear, not because they complained. It wasn't their fault, and many take "it" without complaining. How could I sit by and join the clique just to be in the in-crowd and let them mismanage tax dollars. Could You?

And now you have this same stinkin thinkin by adults, like you, who got away with it as a kid and think that they can continue their bully ways on anyone who disagrees with them or speaks out against wrongdoing and incompetence?!

First of all, YOU keep interpreting the statements I post here wrong---I am not complaining, I am stating the facts. The public now has to pick up the ball about the family and friends plan, broken down city, kids who have nothing to do but get into trouble,etc. and COMPLAIN about the " lack " in Lackawanna! I did what I was elected to do. So, keyboard, MYOB and stop complaining!
    keyboard, you admitted what kind of a person you are, "right or wrong", that's how it goes.
    I did my best to expose the corruption, now our Lord is going to do the rest.

oooohhhh, it's sooo good!

Let us truly be honest - is there really any hope for that area outside of a complete demolition and start over?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Like what an urban renewal project starting with that ugly orange building known as city hall? The powers that be let this city deteriorate over the last 2 decades rather rapidly.Money has been given to this city but they either waste it or refuse to match the grants they recieve. Most noticeable is the Center street area. Since they moved this area to the 1st ward and out of the 2nd ward it's decline has been even more noticeable.We can sure use some help in this area but with the current adminstration we have it isn't going to happen anytime soon.They don't seem to care about anything unless it benifits them in some way.I heard enough crap from one certain department head on election day that confirms their thinking.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; January 1st, 2010 at 03:47 PM.

Post Hope!

I am a Believer!
    Even after all they put me through to get me out of office.
    I Believe-I Believe-I Believe!--That freedom from corruption will ring loud and clear one day in "Lack"awanna. Justice will prevail, no doubt about it.

It is written.
    All they have to do is take care of business as any business professional would for their customers.

Post Money-Money-Money!

Follow the money!
    You are right on---Center Street saddens me too. You see the boys get extra "points" for CDBG---Community Development Block Grants to rid blight such as Center but the blight is getting worse.......------Why? I tried to start Block Clubs 4 years ago, I plan to try to build them again. They work so well in Buffalo with Byron and his group of planners. We don't have to reinvent the wheel to establish them throughout Lackawanna, we just need dedicated citizens who really care about the future of our kids.

Truck Ban

To answer the question about just demolishing the city and starting over - over the past SEVERAL years, MANY little grassroot groups have started. The theme has always been to CHANGE LACKAWANNA - dedicated, enthusiastic, caring citizens from all 4 wards have faithfully showed up again and again and again...full of hope that THIS TIME will be THE time to get the ball rolling toward a better Lackawanna. The problem that I see is that too much time is spent at the beginning having the group IDENTIFY THE PROBLEMS. We already KNOW what the problems are! The Lackawanna Youth Board even sponsored a survey several years ago that asked citizens what was wrong, what was needed, what were their hopes for a better Lackawanna. Nothing seems to get past the first 2 or 3 meetings. Personally, I believe that the City can change...if the group of concerned citizens START the next meeting with: WE KNOW THE PROBLEM, LET'S FOCUS ON THE SOLUTION! Time to stop talking! Time to just DO!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Wow! "That's how it went." WoW. And You are a teacher? Many kids got picked on for their name or their out of style clothes their parents made them wear, not because they complained. It wasn't their fault, and many take "it" without complaining. How could I sit by and join the clique just to be in the in-crowd and let them mismanage tax dollars. Could You?

And now you have this same stinkin thinkin by adults, like you, who got away with it as a kid and think that they can continue their bully ways on anyone who disagrees with them or speaks out against wrongdoing and incompetence?!

First of all, YOU keep interpreting the statements I post here wrong---I am not complaining, I am stating the facts. The public now has to pick up the ball about the family and friends plan, broken down city, kids who have nothing to do but get into trouble,etc. and COMPLAIN about the " lack " in Lackawanna! I did what I was elected to do. So, keyboard, MYOB and stop complaining!
    keyboard, you admitted what kind of a person you are, "right or wrong", that's how it goes.
    I did my best to expose the corruption, now our Lord is going to do the rest.

oooohhhh, it's sooo good!

Yes I'm a teacher Andrea, yes this is how it is, Andrea. I see this everyday. I also stop it everyday. And there you are acting the same way toward me that you do on TV and in public because people are "picking on you."
    Grow up, you won't do it to me. I won't allow you to twist my words to make your agenda work.

Don't you tell me to Mind my own business because your city is adopting policies that hurt mine, so it IS my business.

I don't have a problem with a politician stating facts about government and government officials. I don't have a problem with someone exposing corruption. However you made it personal everytime you did it. Everyone knows you got dealt a bad hand during your tenure, but you don't have to keep reminding everyone of it. That's what is annoying--expose the facts and stop worrying about yourself. Worry about yourself on your own time, we're talking about the people of Lackawanna and the City of Buffalo here---which are both the bigger picture.

Yes, we will see in the end what God has in store.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Follow the money!
    You are right on---Center Street saddens me too. You see the boys get extra "points" for CDBG---Community Development Block Grants to rid blight such as Center but the blight is getting worse.......------Why? I tried to start Block Clubs 4 years ago, I plan to try to build them again. They work so well in Buffalo with Byron and his group of planners. We don't have to reinvent the wheel to establish them throughout Lackawanna, we just need dedicated citizens who really care about the future of our kids.
    Block Clubs don't work well in Buffalo because there is no equality in what they recieve. There is no real plan for distribution or anything.
    I don't think they work at all in Buffalo and need a complete revamping.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMulqueen View Post
    All I have to say is try running for office it is not as easy as it seems.As a matter of fact I personally believe everyone needs to try running for some kind of office instead of complaining about the state of things. If we really want to change government it needs to start at the local level. The biggest changes can happen at this level. Then from there we can clean up the rest.The problem is getting the money out of government. It blinds the conscience of people in government.
    The government's role is not to guarantee jobs and wages or dole out money to anyone who asks for it.We have let our government do this and now we are facing the consequences of it.Certian people have thought of government as a bottomless pit of money but now I think all of us are finding out this isn't true.Everyone will pay the price because of the actions of a few.
    As I have said before in order to get our government healthy we need to have turnover a lot of it.I do not think our founding fathers intended for some of these guys to make a 20 or 30 year career out of public office.Take a hint from George Washington 8years and out.He served his time and went back home. A lot of other founders like Jefferson did the same. Most died poor and broke so what does this say about today's politicians "It's all about the money."that is what my grandfather always said and I hate to say it but he was 110 percent correct.
    It is a free country you can say what you want but in Ms.Haxton's case she never stood a chance of accomplishing anything because she was not a part of the so called machine.The way the machine goes after people that are not willing to "play ball" is well known. Granted in her case both sides are at fault. At times neither side has acted professionally but in her defense I will say this. From what I have seen at the council meetings I have attended in the past year she was the only one who ever asked any questions about money, expenses or recreational things like playgrounds etc. For that I commend her. On the other hand the hostile responses that she recieved when asking legit questions was unprofessional and unfounded. Our representatives need to ask questions about these things it is their job. This is the main reason I believe the council couldn't stand her. They do not want to be accountable to anyone but themselves. Just go to one of our council meetings and see for yourself what happens when questions are asked.They seem to think they are being attacked.I am sorry they feel that way but if our government was more open and accountable this would not happen.Once again we need people in office that will ask hard questions and not be afraid to take a hit when they do.If you go to any meeting in any town I am sure you will see a lot of puppet shows put on by the machine.If you want to change government go after the money that's where it'll hurt those in power most.
    Dennis I'm not arguing with you on any of this because you are right. You are 100% right about all of it.
    My issue is when someone makes everything personal. Politics isn't personal...I don't want to hear about how a politician has been "hurt" or "attacked" everytime they speak---I want to hear about what the OTHERS have done to destroy their responsibility.
    That's what bothers me about Andrea. I'm not saying she didn't try to do good things, nor am I saying she didn't question or do the things she was supposed to. My problem is that she made everything personal. Yes it hurts when you don't have support, but you have to be better than the status quo and keep working to expose the corruption. People don't listen to you when you make it personal. (They will listen if you make it personal to them---but not yourself.)

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    Dennis I'm not arguing with you on any of this because you are right. You are 100% right about all of it.
    My issue is when someone makes everything personal. Politics isn't personal...I don't want to hear about how a politician has been "hurt" or "attacked" everytime they speak---I want to hear about what the OTHERS have done to destroy their responsibility.
    That's what bothers me about Andrea. I'm not saying she didn't try to do good things, nor am I saying she didn't question or do the things she was supposed to. My problem is that she made everything personal. Yes it hurts when you don't have support, but you have to be better than the status quo and keep working to expose the corruption. People don't listen to you when you make it personal. (They will listen if you make it personal to them---but not yourself.)
    A bird does not sing because it has an answer... it sings because it has a song.
    -- Ancient Chinese proverb

I personally have heard the mayor state he hates trucks and was going to put a stop to them running through the city. Coincidence???

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    MOVE? What kind of a response is that!!!!! Many of those people lived there long before Sorrento was sold to a corporation that cares less about it's neighbors. Truck traffic has quadruppled since they expanded the facility. Boy,am I gald you didn't win the election. Is that your advice to all our problems? MOVE.
    LOL guess your taking his advice regarding my posts. Funny stuff here on this blog funny stuff.By the way I think we would have been better off with Mr.Mulqueen even though he would probably tell me to move just like you. But I see what he was getting at so I understand what he meant.Lol
    Last edited by mnb811; January 21st, 2010 at 12:33 PM.

Joke

Question:

How many people does it take to screw up a council meeting in Lackawanna??

Answer:

Just one the council president.......LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMulqueen View Post
    They blow their horns to warn others before they start backing up.
    Wrong. They blow the horns leaving the wash station to say goodbye.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information