Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's have a meme Trump - Hillary thread

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    I'm not sure how else to spell this out any simpler for you ... The federal judge that Trump attacked for being Mexican is an American citizen. Not an immigrant, illegal, legal or otherwise. He was born in Illinois. He's a citizen just like you are.
    So requesting a judge recuse himself for fear of a biased outcome is wrong? Do have any idea of how often that happens? What did Trump attack him with...a hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    So requesting a judge recuse himself for fear of a biased outcome is wrong? Do have any idea of how often that happens? What did Trump attack him with...a hammer?
    Solely because the judge's parents were born in Mexico? What kind of president would Trump be if he bases his decisions on everyone's ethnic origin. The judge is an American citizen. What Trump is trying to do is ILLEGAL.

Solely because the judge's parents were born in Mexico? What kind of president would Trump be if he bases his decisions on everyone's ethnic origin. The judge is an American citizen. What Trump is trying to do is ILLEGAL.
    The judge was/is an active supporter of La Raza and sat on a board that awarded scholarships to illegal immigrants - therefore, the right thing to do would have been to recuse himself.

http://gotnews.com/mexican-judge-gonzalo-curiel/

The judge is presiding over the case regarding Trump University.
    It has nothing to do with immigration.

The judge is presiding over the case regarding Trump University.
    It has nothing to do with immigration.
    It has everything to do with the possibility of the judge being biased when he gives his ruling. I see nothing wrong with Trump attempting to receive a fair judgement. I'm sure if it were anyone besides Trump, it wouldn't even register on your 'meter'.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvinBuffalo View Post
    It has everything to do with the possibility of the judge being biased when he gives his ruling. I see nothing wrong with Trump attempting to receive a fair judgement.
    That makes no sense. A defendant can't accuse a judge of bias simply because of their own personal racism.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That makes no sense. A defendant can't accuse a judge of bias simply because of their own personal racism.

It makes a lot of sense. It isn't about personal racism. It has to do with the situation.

The judge was/is an active supporter of La Raza and sat on a board that awarded scholarships to illegal immigrants - therefore, the right thing to do would have been to recuse himself.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It isn't about personal racism. It has to do with the situation.
    ... And the situation with Trump University has nothing to do with immigration.

uh no, requesting a different judge due to potential for bias is very commonly done. Why do you think they move highly charged trials out of locations where there could be potential bias. Again , it is done all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    uh no, requesting a different judge due to potential for bias is very commonly done. Why do you think they move highly charged trials out of locations where there could be potential bias. Again , it is done all the time.
    Oh ok. This is great legal advice. So if I ever find myself in court, I'll just pretend to be a complete racist and prejudiced against every group that could possibly be associated with the judge and they'll be required to keep replacing them. I had no idea this was such an easy to beat our judicial system. / end sarcasm.

Oh ok. This is great legal advice. So if I ever find myself in court, I'll just pretend to be a complete racist and prejudiced against every group that could possibly be associated with the judge and they'll be required to keep replacing them. I had no idea this was such an easy to beat our judicial system. / end sarcasm.
    It is just how it is,, sometimes judges are biased because they are human. Of course you are aware that sometimes judges voluntarily recuse themselves for this reason.

If you are suing a contractor due to negligence would you like your jury pool to be contractors? Miles, Trump is no angel.... but you have no argument here in this regard.

You are wrong.
    Notice that while Trump tosses out accusations,
    his own lawyers have taken no action to have the judge removed.
    That's because they have no legal standing to do so.

In public, Trump has called repeatedly for the judge to recuse himself, but his lawyers in fact have not made any such request.

That is undoubtedly because court precedents are unanimous in holding that race, ethnicity, gender, religion and sexual orientation are not themselves grounds for disqualifying a judge. If they were, legal ethicists observe, the legal system would fall into chaos because no judge would be free from taint.

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/04/480714...ed-against-him

The US Attorneys’ Manual explicitly warns against even the appearance of impropriety.

“The requirement of recusal does not arise in every instance, but only where a conflict of interest exists or there is an appearance of a conflict of interest or loss of impartiality,” it says.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If you are ever in court you and your lawyer will do what is in "your" best interest.

To begin with Trump handled it badly because he needs to take into account how Hillary supporters are going to twist anything and everything he says.

From what I skimmed the Judge is part of this group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...cil_of_La_Raza

The National Council of La Raza (NCLR) (La Raza, or The Race[1]) is the USA's largest Latino advocacy organization. It is a group that advocates in favor of progressive immigration reform policies, including a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants and reduced deportations.[2][3][4]

Founded in 1968, NCLR is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has regional offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Phoenix, and San Antonio.[5] NCLR has historically received three-quarters of its funding from private sources, including individuals and corporations, and one-quarter of its funding from the federal government.[6]
    As Buffy stated:

I wouldn't want him as my judge if I was someone on the opposite side of his views. IE: Close the borders, work on sending people here illegally back home and putting USA citizens best interest first before people here illegally.

Trump just went the wrong way of requesting that judge be removed from the case.

You think judges are perfect? No one is perfect. In some cases some are stupid. Like the judge we are reading about now who blew his $193k a year job

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    If you are ever in court you and your lawyer will do what is in "your" best interest.

To begin with Trump handled it badly because he needs to take into account how Hillary supporters are going to twist anything and everything he says. ..........
    I understand what you are saying, Res, but isn't this then almost censorship when "we the people" can't speak candidly out of fear of being UN-politically correct? It doesn't matter what Trump says, really. Most of the media just doesn't love him the way they love Hillary.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information