Thread: “This has been one of my goals,” said Giza. “

“This has been one of my goals,” said Giza. “

Once again the big G. will save the day. Or at least take most of the credit for giving yet another great thing to our taxpayers.

It will, as every other great thing he does - benefit the few and be paid for by all. No matter how it gets spun - it wont produce revenue and will be supported and maintained with tax dollars.

I am sure from the rumors already being spread at the senior center (by another TB members relative) this will once again be played off as another act of his never ending need to please others.

Won't hurt at election time either. But then again most residents won't mind a little more added to our future tax bill.

Once again the choice few dance and the taxpayer pays the band.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Why don't you enlighten all of us and elaborate.
    "One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."--Carl Sagan

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yeah? what are you getting at. So what are they up to?

Hey, how about you say a whole lot of nothing. Wait, you just did.

Bandstand project

Bandstand needs funding!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt4248

Once again the big G. will save the day. Or at least take most of the credit for giving yet another great thing to our taxpayers.

It will, as every other great thing he does - benefit the few and be paid for by all. No matter how it gets spun - it wont produce revenue and will be supported and maintained with tax dollars.

I am sure from the rumors already being spread at the senior center (by another TB members relative) this will once again be played off as another act of his never ending need to please others.

Won't hurt at election time either. But then again most residents won't mind a little more added to our future tax bill.

Once again the choice few dance and the taxpayer pays the band.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    More details please?

A bandstand? That's the dirt? A lot of people have been pushing for that for some time. I don't see where this taints Giza with any corruption, just politics as usual.

Yes, more money being spent for something that benefits few. I don't approve of government spending for stuff like this but apparently most other people do. This hardly paints Giza into the contemptible politician crowd that you keep trying to put him into.
    Last edited by Batman; September 22nd, 2006 at 09:22 PM.
    "One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."--Carl Sagan

Yea- i guess your right!
    Who cares anyway ? Lets just keep adding on to our tax load and reelect those great TB members . Maybe we can add a few hundred more houses and another thousand cars on our roads . Lets keep pilling on to our service needs and Town employees . Just keep adding more taxpayer Dependant " services " and creating more patronage and political welfare appointments .
    Why change the way things are ? Stop crying about change and taxes. Stop pretending you care. Just write the check .

Bullitt - You make it hard for anyone to get behind you, and see your point of view, when you provide absolutely NO details.

It's difficult for any reasonable personto say "That sonofabitch is bringing a band shelter!??", without knowing how much it costs!!

He has some personal vendetta against the Lancaster Dems. Who, by the way, are pretty tame compared to other Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt4248
    Yea- i guess your right!
    Who cares anyway ? Lets just keep adding on to our tax load and reelect those great TB members . Maybe we can add a few hundred more houses and another thousand cars on our roads . Lets keep pilling on to our service needs and Town employees . Just keep adding more taxpayer Dependant " services " and creating more patronage and political welfare appointments .
    Why change the way things are ? Stop crying about change and taxes. Stop pretending you care. Just write the check .
    That idea about the Bandstand has been pushed around for some time now. It does enhance the cultural presence in a musical sense so it really is not a for private use only..... The only question I have is will the venue be welcomed after several out door concerts are played there. I could just imagine a senior citizen screaming out the window stop playing dixie!
    What got me was when they described the site as having perfect accoustics. When did they bring in a sound engineer and do sound level meter (SLM) measurements and real-time analyzer (RTA) for the music being played? Did they use flying birds as reference points to get that perfect accoustical pitch?????? Give me a break. The BS needs to make it to the sewage treatment plant and not into people's mouth...... It could be a Feng Shui thing going on too I suppose.

Thread Information