Thread: Some state funding on it’s way for Hickory Woods residents.

Some state funding on it’s way for Hickory Woods residents.

Re: Some state funding on it’s way for Hickory Woods residents.

See if I ever buy a house across the street from a brown field.....What the heck were you people thinking?

Re: Re: Some state funding on it’s way for Hickory Woods residents.

Originally posted by mynikeballs
    See if I ever buy a house across the street from a brown field.....What the heck were you people thinking?

They deserve to be compensated. They were given assurances by the city that it was safe. Now they own houses that are worthless.

They deserve to be compensated. They were given assurances by the city that it was safe.

I agree therising.

Many residents that I talked to said they're looking for a fair market value on their home in Hickory Woods, and to have there status of 'first time home owner' reinstated because of the circumstances.

Originally posted by Night Owl
    [B]Many residents that I talked to said they're looking for a fair market value on their home in Hickory Woods, and to have there status of 'first time home owner' reinstated because of the circumstances.
    Still, if I were looking for a house (which I'm not), I would never consider buying a house across from a dirt birm with barbed wire fence! I don't care what someone told me or how much the city paid me to buy it! Once again those who bought the property didn't move into Hickory Woods from Amherst, they were well aware of what they moved in across from! Even if the ground was not contaminated....would you buy a house across from a dirt birm with a barbed wire fence with no tresspassing signs?

Originally posted by mynikeballs
    .would you buy a house across from a dirt birm with a barbed wire fence with no tresspassing signs?
    {b}

Would I? No. And I'm sure you wouldn't either.
    Keep in mind these were not your average homeowners. They were in sort sort of inducement program (I know nothing about the details, so I won't pretend), for first-time, low-income homeowners.
    No money down, dirt-cheap prices, etc.

Maybe you would've known better, maybe I would've known better.....but, these people were sold a bill of goods by some politicians looking for a good photo op, and a feel-good story.
    They deserve better.

these people were sold a bill of goods by some politicians looking for a good photo op, and a feel-good story.

this is so true.

Originally posted by therising
    {b}

for first-time, low-income homeowners.
    No money down, dirt-cheap prices, etc.

but, these people were sold a bill of goods by some politicians looking for a good photo op, and a feel-good story.
    They deserve better.
    I think you would be suprised at who bought those houses..... and for sure we have to blame it on some politician, you know these guys just make everything look good....I'm sure they had flowers planted on them there birms for the photo op...Should have got the picture when they wilted away! I'm sorry they didn't keep this out of the press.....That area could have been cleaned up and they could have maintained some kind of value. Had what's his name(really can't remember his name) not decided to run for council member and use this area as his platform....wonder where they would be now? He's has been an advocate at the expence of others in the neighborhood. There may have been no problem when they moved in, seepage (sp) from across the street? Who know's....

Thread Information