Thread: Who Bought Off Supervisor Diane Benczkowski to Not Privatize the Town Ice Rink?

Who Bought Off Supervisor Diane Benczkowski to Not Privatize the Town Ice Rink?

The ice rink costs a fortune, brings in less revenue than it costs in taxes (especially considering all the health insurance and pension costs for town employees), and is used by only a small number of residents. No wonder Diane Benczkowski, the Supervisor savior of Cheektowaga, never even brought up privatizing the rink like Buffalo and Amherst during her campaign. An extra few hundred grand a year in fees from a private company for the ice rink could all add up to a nice tax decrease. So who bought her off not to privatize it? I hear rumors...

Now I bet when you ask her, she gives you some round about bs excuse that makes it seem like it is someone else's fault and there's nothing she can do blah blah Frank Maz blah blah Mary Holtz blah blah.

Cheektowaga Town Supervisor Diane Benczkowski symbolizes horrible leadership. No vision. Inefficient and lazy. Unqualified. The usual for Cheektowaga. But that's what you get, the same old politics from the co-chair of the Erie County Democratic Committee who tricked Republicans into voting for her. laughing all the way to the bank and higher elected office before her term expires.

It is being looked at by the Citizen budget advisory committee.

Pretty sure this was all done by the previous administration when they voted to renovate the whole rink last year. I don't think this decision was made in the last four months. I think it was already there.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    It is being looked at by the Citizen budget advisory committee.
    If I was supervisor I would like to see the actual costs of operation of the rink. Specially if town labor from other departments are used for the rink. I would want to see true cost of operation not the "paper work" version of the cost.

What is the employee cost to run the rink? Loveitorleaveit does have a point about health insurance/pension/salary cost for our town employees to run a hockey rink business while we have privately ran companies offering the service. Correct?

So who bought her off not to privatize it? I hear rumors...
    You are better than that. That is a stupid comment.

Now I bet when you ask her, she gives you some round about bs excuse that makes it seem like it is someone else's fault and there's nothing she can do blah blah Frank Maz blah blah Mary Holtz blah blah.
    Funny you bring this up. Let us go back to the root cause. Poor leadership over that last couple of decades by the group known as the Cheektowaga Democratic Party and the "product" they endorse to run our town board. They are the ones who have controlled our town and implemented a lot of what us property owners pay for. To a point anyone in the supervisor's seat would have to deal with the incompetence of past town boards.

Cheektowaga Town Supervisor Diane Benczkowski symbolizes horrible leadership. No vision. Inefficient and lazy. Unqualified. The usual for Cheektowaga. But that's what you get, the same old politics from the co-chair of the Erie County Democratic Committee who tricked Republicans into voting for her. laughing all the way to the bank and higher elected office before her term expires.
    Even I understand you can not correct 20 years of mistakes in 5 months.

Politicians are all the same nice to you for their vote once in piss off little person.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveItOrLeaveIt14227 View Post
    The ice rink costs a fortune, brings in less revenue than it costs in taxes (especially considering all the health insurance and pension costs for town employees), and is used by only a small number of residents. No wonder Diane Benczkowski, the Supervisor savior of Cheektowaga, never even brought up privatizing the rink like Buffalo and Amherst during her campaign. An extra few hundred grand a year in fees from a private company for the ice rink could all add up to a nice tax decrease. So who bought her off not to privatize it? I hear rumors...

Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Cheektowaga's ice rink is the CLEANEST ice rink area that I've ever been in. They must have Polish cleaning ladies taking care of the area. I was there a few years ago prior to any renovation talk.

Georgia L Schlager

Looks like a Max pad supporter started this thread. Ask at a board meeting why it's not privatized or if it's ever been looked into

Thread Information