Thread: My grandfathers house/bar is for sale again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tony Fracasso - Admin

My grandfathers house/bar is for sale again

My grandfathers house/bar is for sale again

I grew up listening to the old timers that went to this bar when my great uncle ran the place.

They remodeled quite a bit. The bar stools used to be round. The walls were dark. There were multiple color neon tubes
    along the ceiling behind that lip just behind the flags. They were red, green and white. You could make the ceiling what ever color
    neon light you had turned on.

The bar had 1/2" X 4" glass mirror strips where the black trim is. He also had a collection of plastic/ceramic small horses on top of the shelve above back bar mirrors.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I see the booths/tables my uncle made have all been removed. They were black with red bench seats that wrapped around the tables. The back were high enough that you were blocked from the booth next to you.

They went long the entire left wall, the back wall with a large wrap around booth to the back right. That was basically the "family" booth where they would eat dinner. The white door you see wasn't there. That door was originally there 80 years ago when it was ran as a full restaurant/tavern. My great grandmother eventually had an apartment in the back and that door was removed. There was never a pool table and the floor was dark from the front to the back.

The woman's bathroom is on the right and the side exit is the right.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    In the back right corner was the "family" booth. I think it sat either 8 or 10 people. My uncle/aunt did their paper work and ate dinner there. I don't think they would have been happy with the black and white checkered floor.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The ceiling fans were added afterwards. The original wooden pay phone booth is still in the corner. There were booths that matched the back booths along the right wall. The original jute box was where the current one is. You can see where the neon was just behind the street signs.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It looks like they converted my great grandmother's apartment into a kitchen. My grandfather lived in that apartment as he got older. He used to live in the upper front apartment and couldn't do the stairs any longer.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Oh the garage was torn down and replaced with this

My grand mother would cook all summer in that garage. It was a two car garage that held my grandfathers snap on tools and his 1960 Pontiac Boneville.

I think this is the same color.

My Uncle owned the small building/lot behind the garage. he had his veggie garden there.

Thread Information