Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should the tax revolt support?

Who should the tax revolt support?

With Leonard Roberto's defeat, Primary Challenge to the best of my knowledge has no candidate in the November election.

Those who support the tax revolt need to identify a few good candidates to support this November.

Rus Thompson is an obvious choice. He's running against Sam Hoyt for State Assemblyman.

Two Democrats have attended tax revolt events and sought our support. Max Tresmond, running against Jack Quinn for State Assemblyman and Tom Casey running against Volker for State Senate.

Are there any other candidates out there worth supporting?

Let's discuss this and try to agree on a slate of candidates.

I don't know if this type of discussion is possible on this site but we'll see.

TimeOut Chair
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski
    With Leonard Roberto's defeat, Primary Challenge to the best of my knowledge has no candidate in the November election.

Those who support the tax revolt need to identify a few good candidates to support this November.

Rus Thompson is an obvious choice. He's running against Sam Hoyt for State Assemblyman.

Two Democrats have attended tax revolt events and sought our support. Max Tresmond, running against Jack Quinn for State Assemblyman and Tom Casey running against Volker for State Senate.

Oh man.... this is too easy to just let go, I really have to ask. Why are FB/PC looking to support/endorse pols? I thought FB/PC were against the politcal machine that has put New York State on a 45 year decline

The more important question to look at is "why didn't these candidates choose Primary Challenge in the first place?"

But since you asked,

Yes... Spitzer & Clinton.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Spitzer & Clinton.
    Spitzer perhaps but clinton?

I might even go for bill clinton again but not hillary...

Even more confused

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock
    Oh man.... this is too easy to just let go, I really have to ask. Why are FB/PC looking to support/endorse pols? I thought FB/PC were against the politcal machine that has put New York State on a 45 year decline
    Which was brought on from the statement

"Those who support the tax revolt need to identify a few good candidates to support this November"

No mention of FB or PC looking for support, in a state thread......

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Did anyone compile a list of candidates that are running for the various seats around town yet?

THe primaries are over so it would be wise to see who is now off to the races.

Cool

I thought your group was against supporting individual candidates, in favor of encouraging a change in the operation of government. Reports. Events encouraging participation.

Once a "slate" of candidates is established, you lose your exemption from money raising and spending reporting requirements. You also lose the "aura" of independence, individuality and being set apart from other established political parties.

You and your "Tax Revolt" cronies become a "Party". And, from what I've seen, not much better than the very worst of them!

TimeOut Chair
    Quote Originally Posted by yokes
    Even more confused

Which was brought on from the statement

"Those who support the tax revolt need to identify a few good candidates to support this November"

No mention of FB or PC looking for support, in a state thread......
    I thought FB/PC were the tax revolt Or at least it how it's being made to sound. Besides that, it was JO asking and ... he did say "Two Democrats have attended tax revolt events and sought our support". It was also said some place else that FB can't endorse candidate, perhaps that is why JO is making it to sound like he's asking on behave of PC.

tax revolt is an abstract, (media given name I guess) of people who were "fed up" with the overtaxation of the area, anyone can be classified as a tax revolter

FB is Jims Thinktank

PC is Len Roberto's psuedo "political party"

they arent the same, even if there has been overlap.

What amazes me is that the names you mentioned above are so against the wall, its almost inconceivable they can win. It really shows the grip of the incumbants that has been mentioned around here before.

I like Faso, however I don't suspect he'll put up much of a challange to Eliot. Spitzer is a smart, and capable attorney, I see business being hessitant to set up in NYS though with his history of "Going after big business", however only time wil tell on that.

TimeOut Chair
    Quote Originally Posted by yokes
    I see business being hessitant to set up in NYS though with his history of "Going after big business", however only time wil tell on that.
    I think there was a typo, didn't you mean to say "going after bad business"?

tax revolt is an abstract, (media given name I guess) of people who were "fed up" with the overtaxation of the area, anyone can be classified as a tax revolter
    But if anyone wants to be "in" the tax revolt, they have to be into FB/PC. Or at least it's what I always thought.

back to the question though, Are there any other candidates out there worth supporting?

Cuomo comes to mind too.

Yokes:

I'm open to suggestions.

I never get caught up in elections as a horse race, however. I support candidates whose views I agree with. It's easy to pick winners. Hell, I already picked Hillary to win for President (52-48 over McCain). And I picked six winners on Primary Night, out of seven.

I do believe that if we concentrate our scarce resources on one or two local races, we could surprise people. After all, who thought Roberto would beat Volker in Lancaster, Volker's home town.

(This comment was made under the protection of the First Amendment.)

The Partnership has a somewhat incomplete list of candidates--

http://www.thepartnership.org/Home/G...LocalElections

TimeOut Chair
    Quote Originally Posted by JO
    I do believe that if we concentrate our scarce resources on one or two local races, we could surprise people.
    "We" being the general public, or "we" being FB or PC or both?

First Amendment or not, are you speaking strictly for yourself as an individual voter or on behave of either of the two groups? We have to be specific as to who the "we" we are talking about. Someone might confuse support/endorsement between voter and their org's.

Woodstock,

It is disengenous and misleading to wrap quotes around someone's statement, then, arbitrarily, add underlines and bold. to emphasize your point.

Cuomo has had is license to practice law for only 14 months. Why would anyone think he is qualified to be the State Attorney General?
    The path is clear
    Though no eyes can see
    The course laid down long before.
    And so with gods and men
    The sheep remain inside their pen,
    Though many times they've seen the way to leave.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information