Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Warner Roadrunner High Speed

Time Warner Roadrunner High Speed

well, since time warner took over for adelphia and introduced their roadrunner "high speed" internet service, my computer has slowed-down while trying to access various web sites that i frequently visit. it's definitely much slower than it was just weeks ago under adelphia (at least for me!).

question: has anyone else experienced a noticible slowdown in their high-speed internet?

also, i've sent their customer service two emails, both of which they have failed to respond to.

Butch

I don't think it's the service, Butch. It's morel ikely your pc. I use the same service on another computer. I haven't noticed a change. As you probably already know there are a few things you can do to speed up your pc. You never know, though. This shared bandwidth may have very well slowed down in your neighborhood.
    Now, I have an Adelphia-TimeWarner question.
    Adelphia offered me a promotion for 25.00 a month for basic cable. Not very basic cable. That was only 11.00 a month. But after the promo, my 25.00 cable service jumped up to 50.00 a month so I had them cut it off.
    Now, I still owe Adelphia like 34.00 or something like that. I negleted to pay my cable bill. I guess I'll never be able to run for a local office. They'll dig this transgression up on me.

Do I owe TimeWarner 34.00, now, instead?
    Or is that bill history?
    "Call them and find out", you say? Okay. Guess what they'll say. Take a guess at whether or not TimeWarner has this money owed on record. After I call them, I'll post the answer tomorrow.
    I'm going to go ahead and guess that Yes I probably didn't get away with not paying this bill just because I negleted to pay Adelphia before TW took over.

Quote Originally Posted by butch
    well, since time warner took over for adelphia and introduced their roadrunner "high speed" internet service, my computer has slowed-down while trying to access various web sites that i frequently visit. it's definitely much slower than it was just weeks ago under adelphia (at least for me!).

question: has anyone else experienced a noticible slowdown in their high-speed internet?

also, i've sent their customer service two emails, both of which they have failed to respond to.

Butch
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Actually my laptop has been doing the same, slow internet performance and a lot of "cannot connect" (Firefox) error messages.

I thought it was my computer, but, come to think of it, it doesnt happen at work.

> my problem is sporatic.............it's fine for an hour then slow, then it's ok again..............very intermittant......that's why i think it's time warner rather than my computer.

Butch

> my problem is sporatic.............it's fine for an hour then slow, then it's ok again..............very intermittant......that's why i think it's time warner rather than my computer.

Butch

Oh man, I agree with all of you.

this idiot I live with is a PC Eng. and cleaned my PC, it's not my PC, it is the cable Net.

lets all complain on Monday, and i will tell every one I know who has it to also complain on Monday.

> my problem is sporatic.............it's fine for an hour then slow, then it's ok again..............very intermittant......that's why i think it's time warner rather than my computer

Same here, for the last week or so.
    "One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."--Carl Sagan

I wonder how the connection is over at the batcave.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

The Batcave has it's own network of high tech gear, certainly not connected to Time-Warner.
    "One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."--Carl Sagan

Add the Doc to the list of time warner snail service. Same crap with the FireFox as therising mentioned. It even seems my email browser is messed up. It cuts out a lot. Never did that before.

you can test your connection speed here:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/7009-7254_7-...ol2&kbps=737.7

I don't think it's running slow. It is cutting out intermittenly.

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at forums.speakupwny.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Sorry

Butch

Time Warner, has not introduced there Roadrunner because it will take about 8-9 months before they will swtich it over. If you have it you most likely don't live in WNY area and if you don't believe me call TW and let them tell you first hand. Why, on Sept 8, 2006 I got my high speed and it is still powerlink and not Roadrunner thats why.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at forums.speakupwny.com.
    This happens to me a lot on this website, typically when I'm posting (ok, maybe it's not accidental!). I'm using Firefox w/a DSL; other sites connect fine.
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

I just ran that connection speed link, http://reviews.cnet.com/7009-7254_7-...ol2&kbps=737.7
    and it came up at 737.7 kbps. Did another one and it read 208.1 kilobits per second at this site, http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/ So how does that rate? I'll keep checking it at several hours throughout the day and night to see if there is a big difference. Then on another it was 150kbps. What in the heck is going on here? These were all done within minutes of each other.
    Last edited by DR_GONZO; September 22nd, 2006 at 12:45 PM.

Time Warner, has not introduced there Roadrunner because it will take about 8-9 months before they will swtich it over. If you have it you most likely don't live in WNY area and if you don't believe me call TW and let them tell you first hand. Why, on Sept 8, 2006 I got my high speed and it is still powerlink and not Roadrunner thats why.

i just assumed it is roadrunner because as a TW customer i rec'd a 20 page booklet from TW listing their services and they are calling their high speed internet Roadrunner.
    Butch

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information