Thread: Sabres weekend Matinee games

Thumbs down Sabres weekend Matinee games

who the hell idea is to make these weekend games at 12:00 and 1:00 no wonder no one is going. If you have a 7:00 game on a sat night you are bringing people into the city before the game ( eating etc) and people hanging out in the city after the game (drinking etc). if I owned a restaurant or bar I would be complaning. sat afternoon people have things to do after working all week. very dumb idea.
    on a sat or sun matinee game and if I get tickets offered to me I turn them down. A sat night game if I have no tickets I'll go to pearl st and hang out with the puck heads, not on a matinee game..... who in the hell wants to go to a game at 12:00 on a sun afternoon it does nothing for the city as far as business.. I think money bags should look into it he is bleeding money on these games
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Actually I bought tickets for two games. I'm going with my son. It's not on a school night. Since I have yet to go, I won't comment on "no one is going". I have no idea who is going or not at this time.

I like it as it's very family friendly.
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

DOn't they have afternoon games every year? don't those games normally sell out?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

not a fan of the afternoon games this just started the last few years some told me the leagues idea.. its good for families not for business. went to a big fund raiser on sat night I never seen so many people trying to dump sabres tickets, for free or some were trying to get ten bucks for them not good.

It did not just start the last few years. I went afternoon games from when I was a kid right up until I moved here
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    It did not just start the last few years. I went afternoon games from when I was a kid right up until I moved here
    playoffs maybe very few when u were here. they are pushing more and more every year.. sat and sun night hockey is the best not that 12, 1 and 3 BS on the weekend.

They have one tomorrow in the afternoon, not a fan of the afternoon games.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

I could of went if it was a night game yes, afternoon on a sat with a nice day never. The goofballs are losing a lot of business coming into the city by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    I could of went if it was a night game yes, afternoon on a sat with a nice day never. The goofballs are losing a lot of business coming into the city by doing this.
    Agreed on the business part you have a sat night game you have people eating and drinking before the game and then fans hang around the city for drinks after the game. Example Hockey Night in Canada in Toronto Sat night. I do night like hockey being played in the afternoon on the weekend.

You don't think those people ate and drank after the game??
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    You don't think those people ate and drank after the game??
    maybe but there losing before game. or after the game they go home hard to say. its BS.
    its not only traffic going into the city for the game your hurting the bars everywhere with afternoon games... must be Higgins idea

yes we get a sat night game because the sabers are away..

thepas few weeks have been busy for sports sabres and the ncaa finals ... I was all over watching the games some of my best places to watch sports.. took a little survey on these afternoon games. Lots of fans out you had athe die hard bills fans, tons of puck heads out and about and just local sports fans watching BB and having a good time.

95% hate saturday afternoon hockey games and sunday games. reasons why, most said they work on sat afternoon and can not go to the games. they like go to the games at night and making a evening of it in the city, but most said its just an inconvenience to go on a sat or sun afternoon and would rather go at night.. Agreed!!
    then I asked some of the bartenders .... hurts business they see not as many people as if the games were on at night.. now sat nights away game thisd sat places were packed. So you business owners start complaining to the sabres office to do away with these games on sat and sun afternoons.. see what money bags can do or hot dog counter brandon. go kings

I go to about fifteen games a season this year I cut cut back to about ten because the lack of winning at home. Next year I will probably keep the same number that I attended this year.
    One thing I do is stay away from are the Sat. and Sun. afternoon games I am not a fan of these games and I agree it hurts all kind of business that depend on bringing in the sports fan on a Sat night.

Thread Information