Thread: Check out the Erie County Democrat website

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Check out the Erie County Democrat website

I have not peeked lately but they updated it some.

http://www.ecdems.com/

They have a photo set of some of the players in local WNY politics.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This stinks. I can't link to the photo's.. I would like some of you who may know these people tell me who they are and what they do.

Yet, there is no information as to who the committee members are. Aren't these the folks that speak for the voters? What reason is there not to post who they are?

The site is done in PHP. I am sure they could of made it look better than that.

There are foot notes at the bottom on each picture..
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This stinks. I can't link to the photo's.. I would like some of you who may know these people tell me who they are and what they do.
    Photo #23: Dennis Ward.

I'm pretty certain he's the Board of Elections Commissioner for the Dems.
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakers77 View Post
    Photo #23: Dennis Ward.

I'm pretty certain he's the Board of Elections Commissioner for the Dems.
    And he's the brother of Dan Ward? Who was on the Amherst town board?

And he's the brother of Dan Ward? Who was on the Amherst town board?
    yep, Dennis Ward aka Mr. Ianello brother of Dan

It would be nice if Democrats would spend time and energy undoing the decades of screwing up this area rather than maintaining a web site.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    It would be nice if Democrats would spend time and energy undoing the decades of screwing up this area rather than maintaining a web site.
    NO you want them to have a website. Shows us who the characters are.

good point

Now, if they would just list the "characters." What are they afraid of?

I was a Dem Committee Member for a brief time. I was sold on it as being the voice of the people in my small district. Then I found out there is no voice for the people and the notices for meetings and petition drives were last minute, freezing any proactivity by the committee members. I dropped out.

Now, there is a show of concern with the Ellicott committee members scheduling a candidates forum this coming Friday. It is a closed door forum. Why? Any number of stories and relation of what each candidate says or stands for can be reported.

I have tried to understand politics. I still don't and I don't want to. It's an exclusive club, no matter your designated party.

Lets try

Erie County Dem website and photo key:
    http://www.ecdems.com/

Photo # 3- Chairman Len Lenihan and State Democratic Chair June O’Neill attend a private reception with Governor David Paterson during the Democratic National Convention in Denver Colorado

Photo#4- Captain John Glascott and Candidate for Town of Tonawanda Highway Superintendent Dan Crangle

Photo # 5 - Chairman Lenihan with Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III and his mother Mrs Marilyn Sedita

Photo # 8 - August 28th 2008, Chairman Len Lenihan with County Comptroller Mark Poloncarz and Erie County Clerk Kathy Hochul on the floor of the DNC awaiting President Obama’s acceptance speech

Photo # 9 - ECDC Vice Chair Arthur O. Eve Jr. speaking at the Volunteer training session

Photo # 10 - Erie County Legislature Majority Leader Maria Whyte opens the Volunteer training session with a rousing call to action for Democratic activists in the audience

Photo # 17 - ECDC volunteers Luis Gonzalez, Cindy Selden, Staffmember Emily Denicola, and Joe McMahon with Congressman Clyburn, Majority Whip of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Photo # 18 - ECDC Staffmember Emily Denicola and volunteers Cindy Selden, Luis Gonzalez, and Joe McMahon with Scott Murphy (center), Candidate for the 20th Congressional District, taking a break to talk with the Candidate while campaigning hard in Greene County, NY.

Photo # 19 - Chairman Lenihan along with Town of Cheektowaga Dem Chair Frank Max welcoming supporters to the kickoff of the John Glascott for Sheriff & Mark Poloncarz for Comptroller Campaigns on June 13th; also Captain John Glascott & Comptroller Poloncarz wait to speak.

Photo # 20 - State Assemblymember Crystal Peoples and Erie County Clerk Kathy Hochul attend an ECDC Fundraiser with special guest NYS Comptroller Thomas Dinapoli.

Photo # 21- Erie County Comptroller Mark Poloncarz with NYS Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli at the June 30, 2009 ECDC fundraiser.

Photo # 22 - ECDC Chair Len Lenihan and ECDC Finance chair Ken Manning with NYS Comptroller DiNapoli at the ECDC fundraiser on July 30, 2009.

Photo # 23 - ECDC held a luncheon on August 14 with Nassau County Executive Tom Suozzi, pictured with Chairman Lenihan, Town of Cheektowaga Chair Frank Max and Town of Amherst Chair Dennis Ward.

Photo# 24 - Nassau County Executive Tom Suozzi with ECDC Chair Len Lenihan at the August 14th ECDC luncheon.

Photo# 25 - Town of Amherst Council candidate Toni Vasquez and her family with United States Senator Kirsten Gillibrand at the ECDC Family Picnic on August 27.

photo # 26 - City of Tonawanda Chair Gayle Syposs, ECDC Chair Len Lenihan, County Comptroller Mark Poloncarz, Erie County Sheriff Candidate John Glascott and his wife Lyn welcome the crowd of 300 to the ECDC Family picnic on August 2.7

Photo#27 - Diane Terranova speaks with committee members after she was unanimously endorsed by them to fill the vacancy in the 5th district legislative seat.

Photo# 28 - Diane Terranova is sworn in by Judge Michael Pietruszka as the 5th District Erie County Legislator joined by her son, Christopher.

Photo# 29 - NYS Comptroller Tom DiNapoli speaks with Buffalo Professional Firefighters Union local 282 (SB Dem Party) President Dan Cunningham and Buffalo Professional Firefighter and 146th State Democratic Committee member (Buffalo Fire Fighter/Vice President 282 -(Hamburg Dem Party) Vince Gugliuzza at the New York State Democratic Committee Fall Meeting.

Photo# 30 -Governor Paterson greeting ECDC volunteers at the NYS Democratic Committee Fall Meeting held in Buffalo.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thanks, but that's only halfway done!

Glad to put faces to names for the Democrats. Who's going to post photos of the Republican players now? Let's be fair now. SUWNY is all for equal opportunity.
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If I had time it would be cool to make an overview of the players rep/dem/IP for the most part.

Thumbs up Political show

there are too many players invlolved in a game. Too many. If you want to provide an overview of involved, you have to be more focused.

Do you want to include all who play a middle field, offence or defene positions? What about goal-kickers and bench-sitters?

The point is: define who's who and what role they play in a political game. Think about it as a show: everyone plays an assigned role. Don't forget a producer, custome and make up directors, and as ussual-a tickets seller, set up and after the show cleaning crew!

The show must go on!

Thread Information