Thread: Village of Lancaster

Village of Lancaster

We took a walk down Central Avenue the other night. How beautiful that street is during the holiday's. The music was playing, the lights were flickering and all the trees decorated with white lights.

It surely gives you a christmas twinkle. Lancaster has such a gem right in their backyard. Central Avenue should be the highlight to this town.

Has anyone been to Akron Village? They got some grant and re-faced all the store fronts. Looks beautiful. I hope the Mayor can take a little more pride in Central Avenue and get businesses back in, and fix the store fronts.

What about the Opera House, any christmas plays or musicials going on?

Nice, fiona

Miracle on 34th sounds good. I wish it was more creative shows, like A Christmas Story. But I think we can work on that. Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    We took a walk down Central Avenue the other night. How beautiful that street is during the holiday's. The music was playing, the lights were flickering and all the trees decorated with white lights.

It surely gives you a christmas twinkle. Lancaster has such a gem right in their backyard. Central Avenue should be the highlight to this town.

Has anyone been to Akron Village? They got some grant and re-faced all the store fronts. Looks beautiful. I hope the Mayor can take a little more pride in Central Avenue and get businesses back in, and fix the store fronts.

What about the Opera House, any christmas plays or musicials going on?
    They are in the process of working to re-face some of the buildings. I'm not positive where in the process they are. They have the grants (50/50 matching grants) and they have committed property owners. It's just a matter of getting started.

awesome,

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post
    They are in the process of working to re-face some of the buildings. I'm not positive where in the process they are. They have the grants (50/50 matching grants) and they have committed property owners. It's just a matter of getting started.
    there is a magestic atmosphere on Central ave, and I would love to see people gathering there. Are they having Santa, and hot chocolate and sleigh rides and stuff? They did something like that down on Hertal.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    there is a magestic atmosphere on Central ave, and I would love to see people gathering there. Are they having Santa, and hot chocolate and sleigh rides and stuff? They did something like that down on Hertal.
    Santa will make many visits to Christmasville during the holiday season. He'll be there for you to visit him on Fridays 7pm to 9pm and Saturdays 10am - 12pm at the Christmasville Store and Cafe located at 11 West Main Street.

From the Village of Lancaster Website Christmasville page http://www.lancastervillage.org/christmasville.htm

If I've got my dates right, today is also: 12/12-Rock 'N Roll Christmas from 12pm-4pm. Performance by TERRY BUCHWALD & trivia master DANNY NEVEREATH. Radio station StAR 102.5 LIVE REMOTE . Trivia, Prizes, Food, Entertainment & Rock N' Roll.
    Sponsored by M & T Bank.

Thread Information