Thread: Time Warner Cable Dumps The NFL Channel

Time Warner Cable Dumps The NFL Channel

It is official, Time Warner Cable will no longer show the NFL Channel on cable.
    Time Warner claims the cost of showing the NFL Channel is to high. Now that Time Warner no longer has the high cost of the NFL Channel. I wonder if our cable rates will come down?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna
    It is official, Time Warner Cable will no longer show the NFL Channel on cable.
    Time Warner claims the cost of showing the NFL Channel is to high. Now that Time Warner no longer has the high cost of the NFL Channel. I wonder if our cable rates will come down?
    Not likely. This is why I ditched Time Warner in favor of *nothing*, with the side benefit of no longer finding my kids glued to Cartoon Network when I get home from work.

Good for Time Warner! We've been dealing with rising cable costs for for some time now and IT WON"T STOP until we (or Time Warner speaking on our behalf) tells these networks "no you're product simply is not worth that much). Sure I'd like NFL Network as I am huge football fan but sometimes people just get greedy. Now NFL Network is paying alot of money on ads urging you to contact Time Warner and "Demand' the NFL network. Think they're doing this because they really care about you? No they're doing it so they can take more money out of your pocket. Don't be fooled!

The NFL Channel

Quote Originally Posted by shipdadip
    Good for Time Warner! We've been dealing with rising cable costs for for some time now and IT WON"T STOP until we (or Time Warner speaking on our behalf) tells these networks "no you're product simply is not worth that much). Sure I'd like NFL Network as I am huge football fan but sometimes people just get greedy. Now NFL Network is paying alot of money on ads urging you to contact Time Warner and "Demand' the NFL network. Think they're doing this because they really care about you? No they're doing it so they can take more money out of your pocket. Don't be fooled!

Do you work for Time Warner?

What will Time Warner do with the money they will save by not having to pay for the NFL Channel? I have heard that it is around $10.00 a month for each customer. That is a lot of money.

Nope don't work for them you?

Sooo....what's TW's excuse that other services (read: DirecTv) can offer the NFL network, as well as other expanded entertainment, for less than TW does? And why is TW unable to afford the channel when Adelphia could?

I think this is just a matter of TW wanting to pad their profit margin.

In the end I, as the consumer, could really care less about the politics of the issue. I just went to the source that offers me what I want (and as I said, at a slightly lower price).

Adelphia could afford it because they were robbing the shareholders. Direct TV doesn't have miles and miles of cable to maintain. I think it is the exec's at NFL network who are looking to line their pockets and not TW (ok well they are too...)

Time Warnner Cable

I will wait to see how the Time Warnner and the NFL Channel work out their problems. I may switch to Direct TV and get the NFL Channel their other cable programs for a much lower monthly cable bill than I'm paying now. The only thing I have to check on is can I get a high speed Internet Service from Direct TV that is any good?

sparks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna
    Do you work for Time Warner?

What will Time Warner do with the money they will save by not having to pay for the NFL Channel? I have heard that it is around $10.00 a month for each customer. That is a lot of money.

that's 20% of my bill
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Ok...first, I'm not an employee or shill for DirecTV, but since Mr. Lacky asked:

I picked up DirecTv through Verizon about a month ago. They have a great deal to get NFL Sunday ticket. I also have my internet through Verizon. They're charging me....$14/mo I think for it. In terms of reception, I've had my picture (not the sound, strangely enough) go outfor about 10 minutes one time (my son missed SpongeBob...no big deal). The two times I've had to call customer service, they were helpful and courteous. And yes, the standard DirecTv package is about $53/mo, or about $1.50 less than I was paying for 'expanded' cable. What I like the best though is the XM radio channels. ALL 80'S ALL THE TIME, BABY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shipdadip
    Adelphia could afford it because they were robbing the shareholders. Direct TV doesn't have miles and miles of cable to maintain. I think it is the exec's at NFL network who are looking to line their pockets and not TW (ok well they are too...)
    That doesn't make sense. They were robbing shareholders and lining their pockets, not robbing shareholders to give customers a better product.

And while DirecTV may not have to maintain miles of fiber or coax, they do have to maintain at least two satellites. I don't have exact numbers, but I can tell you they aren't cheap - not cheap to build, not cheap to launch, not cheap to maintain. And they have to be replaced every 15 years.

Thread Information