Thread: Assessments

Assessments

Has anyone received a notice about their assessments yet? They should be arriving soon.

I haven't but you can believe these guys will raise them up to pay for the new dpw part time employee truck and a host of other goodies fror themselves....

The mailings have hit today!!! Anyone receive a notice of an increase in their assessment for 2010? I am watching the key political people in the city who have not received an increase since this 100% market value started in 2005.
    Last edited by cath829; December 12th, 2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: add

keep us informed cath. The bank recently lowered my equity line of credit saying my home wasn't worth as much but good old LA says it's worth 10K more. Go figure......Polanski must need to hand out more jobs. Senate races can be expensive

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    The mailings have hit today!!! Anyone receive a notice of an increase in their assessment for 2010? I am watching the key political people in the city who have not received an increase since this 100% market value started in 2005.
    A report "study" should be done and see how all elected key players are assessed in erie county. I wonder if it would show a pattern if any.

Post Facts!

Lackawanna could save over $100,000.00 if they let Erie County or another community absorb our assessment office.
    This will never happen while team polanski sits on the throne because.........
    no offense to the innocent employees BUT talk about SHADY DEALS! Ha! This is hard core and big money!

FYI:The Lackawanna Assessment Board 3 members get paid a stipend from the City budget to be on it, only them and Civil Service. ALL other boards, Planning, etc. serve voluntarily. What is up with this. I do not think anyone needs to get paid, their payment should be in the form of betterment for the city.
    Citizens please ask the Governor, yes Paterson, for an investigation here!
    Talk about shady deals and Pol-tricks, this is where the king really rules!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Lackawanna could save over $100,000.00 if they let Erie County or another community absorb our assessment office.
    Are you sure about that? My town looked into it and it would cost us way more than we currently are paying.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Post Facts!

I am talking about the salaries and fringe benefits in the City Budget to run the office only. I forget the name of the company from I believe Amherst who is hired by Lackawanna to drive around and do the comparables that arrive at a persons land/home/business value. Lackawanna is supposed to be at 100% assessment which the State acknowledges by giving some kind of bonus because it means revenue for them.

I do not want a citizen to lose the personal touch of a city service but something could be worked out to keep it all "REAL". And I do not want anyone to be out of a job, some people could retire.
    There is no doubt in my mind that the taking out the poli-tricks in Lackawanna will balance the whole picture out and SAVE the innocent citizens from carrying the load for some free-loader who is under-assessed because he is a good ole' boy! And others are over-assessed because they are not club members and publicly go against them.
    That is all, yes it does need lots and lots of fine tuning.
    When I heard king norm tell the Assessor in June of 2006, "remember who hires you, Frank"---that sealed it for me, AND there is more, much more!

Wonder if Makeyenko's assessment for his house on South Shore will rise to 150grand the same price he paid for it.It currently is assessed at 99grand.Since it is 100 percent value this is a no brainer. There are several people in that area who bought homes recently and were assessed at what they paid for it. There should be no "DOUBLE STANDARD."

Here is a link to the City of Lackawanna assessments. http://www.lackawannaassessment.com/main.asp
    I am not sure if they have been updated with the new figures

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    I am talking about the salaries and fringe benefits in the City Budget to run the office only. I forget the name of the company from I believe Amherst who is hired by Lackawanna to drive around and do the comparables that arrive at a persons land/home/business value. Lackawanna is supposed to be at 100% assessment which the State acknowledges by giving some kind of bonus because it means revenue for them.

I do not want a citizen to lose the personal touch of a city service but something could be worked out to keep it all "REAL". And I do not want anyone to be out of a job, some people could retire.
    There is no doubt in my mind that the taking out the poli-tricks in Lackawanna will balance the whole picture out and SAVE the innocent citizens from carrying the load for some free-loader who is under-assessed because he is a good ole' boy! And others are over-assessed because they are not club members and publicly go against them.
    That is all, yes it does need lots and lots of fine tuning.
    When I heard king norm tell the Assessor in June of 2006, "remember who hires you, Frank"---that sealed it for me, AND there is more, much more!
    First of all... nobody currently working at the County to absorb the jobs... secondly... The good ole boy system is harder to keep an eye on the higher up it gets... better to have a local eye on it....

Love that quote by the mayor "remember who hires you".This arrogant fool doesn't remember who hired him or where his salary and money for his suv comes from. That would be the voters and taxpayers because he has definitely forgot that.

Thread Information