Thread: Main Street 500 Block

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Main Street 500 Block

Someone I know very well sent me some photos showing from Main Street Buffalo NY

Buffalo NY Main Street 500 Block

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This was a "neglected" run down eyesore just across from the Hyatt Regency and now you see an upscale D'Avolio restaurant and retail shop next to a renovated brick that will very soon become a French themed restaurant.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is at the center where the hotel and restaurants meet in the NEW 500 block called " Roosevelt Plaza".

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Brand New upscale metro stations

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Newly renovated Market Arcade

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This space has been lying dormant for far too long and will soon become a viable upscale market.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This was a "neglected" run down eyesore just across from the Hyatt Regency and now you see an upscale D'Avolio restaurant and retail shop next to a renovated brick that will very soon become a French themed restaurant.
    I find the entire construction project amusing.

The French theme restaurant, Raclettes, has been "coming soon" and "hiring" for the last 3 years, supposed to finally open by New Year's Eve, and is still not open.

D'Avolio is closed by 5, closed on the weekends, and the one time I went there I was the only one there. I walked out (overpriced).

Too bad the Chinese Restaurant next door isn't in the picture. That may be the only place on the block open past 5 and now has a bullet hole in the window.

Now across the street, construction to bring traffic to Main street caused a Coffee Culture to close and also Vito's Market (which will eventually reopen, but on Delaware).

Upscale and Metro stations in the same sentence. Now they just need some upscale drivers and they'll be good to go.

What's even more amazing is they've gone another year without repaving Main between Delavan and Pearl, where there actually is traffic.

Coffee Culture closing had nothing to do with the construction on Main St. They've closed a bunch of locations including the one on Elmwood, and one in Williamsville, and this one downtown.

Vito's closing also had absolutely nothing to do with the construction. Vito's was operated by Delaware North, and they closed because Delaware North moved from the building on Main St to their new headquarters on Chippewa. They have no plans to reopen.

And the intersection of Delavan and Pearl does not exist. Those roads are in different parts of the city. Pearl just started a large repaving project that will continue next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Coffee Culture closing had nothing to do with the construction on Main St. They've closed a bunch of locations including the one on Elmwood, and one in Williamsville, and this one downtown.

Vito's closing also had absolutely nothing to do with the construction. Vito's was operated by Delaware North, and they closed because Delaware North moved from the building on Main St to their new headquarters on Chippewa. They have no plans to reopen.

And the intersection of Delavan and Pearl does not exist. Those roads are in different parts of the city. Pearl just started a large repaving project that will continue next year.
    Regardless of the reason, those places saw a reduction in business, although maybe not as significant as the Bijou Grille or Sue's Deli. Ten years ago I wouldn't believe I would ever be the only person in the Bijou during my lunch hour in the summer.

We can't say for sure why either one closed, especially Coffee Culture. What I know is that they were busy, then they weren't, and now they're closed. Vito's put a few nails in their own coffin over the past few years. Looking at their website would lead one to believe they are reopening, but apparently it is a new restaurant at 250 Delaware.

Delavan and Pearl are the crossroads of the section of Main Street that looks like a third world country. Actually, a dirt road might cause less damage to a vehicle.

The opening to Raclettes appears to be no where in sight, and last week the 500 block suffered another casualty due to the dysfunction and incompetence of the project.

Multiple signs plaster the window of the now closed shop which read:

"Perks Cafe was not able to over come the losses from the Street Scape project. The promises of Marketing support from the City did not materialize therefore leaving the existing businesses to incur significant losses in sales."

Thread Information