Thread: New York State Lottery

New York State Lottery

The bureaucrats that run the New York State Lottery have pulled another fast one on the people that purchased the Scratch Off Lottery Tickets.

In the past you could tell if you won any money by completing scratching off the full card and looking for a group of letters that would tell you how much you won.

This is no longer the case. The information that told you how much you won is no longer there.

It is very hard to win any money on these scratch off cards and now without that the information that you won, makes it even harder.

I wonder how many winning tickets are not turned in because people playing the scratch off tickets don't know they have won?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

umm, every scratch off I've played has been obvious if you won by simply looking at the rules of that game and seeing what you scratched off
    if you can't figure that out you probably shouldn't be playing
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Probably most of the people playing the the scratch off lottery don't have the high intellect that you have.
    All I'm saying that if you scratched off the complete card you could tell if you won. How much you won. Now you can't tell.
    This gives the New York State Lottery greater advantage over their regular customers.
    Because the money not collected after a period of time reverts to New York State.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Some of the grocery stores have some kind of scanner that the bar code can be scanned from your ticket to inform if you're a winner or not. I've never used it but have seen people buy a ticket and only scratch off the bar code and use the scanner. If you're unsure of the rules and/or unsure if you won or not, use the scanner.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    The bureaucrats that run the New York State Lottery have pulled another fast one on the people that purchased the Scratch Off Lottery Tickets.
    In the past you could tell if you won any money by completing scratching off the full card and looking for a group of letters that would tell you how much you won.
    This is no longer the case. The information that told you how much you won is no longer there.
    I'm guessing that the change prevents employees from secretly scratching that one spot and snagging a winning ticket.

Thread Information