Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015-16 property tax comparison spreadsheet

2015-16 property tax comparison spreadsheet

Here's the latest 2015-16 Erie county property tax comparison spreadsheet which does not include special districts such as: sewer, water and trash.

http://www2.erie.gov/ecrpts/sites/ww...Comparison.pdf

Georgia L Schlager

Thanks for posing this! This confirms that I'll save $3100 per year by building in Elma over Lancaster.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Thanks for posing this! This confirms that I'll save $3100 per year by building in Elma over Lancaster.
    It's time for people to make the choice, our taxes in Lancaster are going to hit the roof. Our thoughts are exactly the same.

Sorry Shortstuff - the tax funded Elected, Appointed and Employed people have voted.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

You'll always save when you don't live n a more populated town that has its own police and highway depts

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    You'll always save when you don't live n a more populated town that has its own police and highway depts
    Is crime out of control in Elma? If your home is robbed in Elma will someone eventually show up to take a report to you can file for insurance?

Yaksplat?

What will you do when it snows? Without highway depts you won't have your roads plowed. How will you get to work?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Is crime out of control in Elma? If your home is robbed in Elma will someone eventually show up to take a report to you can file for insurance?

Yaksplat?

What will you do when it snows? Without highway depts you won't have your roads plowed. How will you get to work?
    Crime in Elma is lower than Lancaster per square mile, but about the same per 1000 residents. That's all handled quite well by the Erie County Sheriffs, which we all already pay for. Plowing where I will be will be handled by the NYS DOT. It's amazing that i'll be able to survive without all of the extra services.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What are you going to do about your trash? How large is your yard going to be? Will you be able to bury it? or store it before you need to take it to a trash dump?

You can contract directly with the trash company if you like for about $300 per year. Or you can haul it to the dump yourself for free. I'll have a few acres that are mowable, but I won't be bagging it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    There has to be $3100 worth of services you are not going to get. What about sewers? Are you going to have to have an out house? What about drinking water?

There has to be $3100 worth of services you are not going to get. What about sewers? Are you going to have to have an out house? What about drinking water?
    Um Res I think you are stretching it here.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't think so. I'm basically pointing out how poorly some towns in Erie County have been ran. Ran to the point of the highest property taxes in the nation.

I pay for a septic system to be put in and I get city water from Elma water which buys its supply from ECWA.

Seems like there's not a lot of ROI for all those taxes.

I don't think so. I'm basically pointing out how poorly some towns in Erie County have been ran. Ran to the point of the highest property taxes in the nation.
    It's worth pointing out that Elma has a minimal town tax, essentially a highway tax which amounts to $33/$150k. The town has no debt and no unnecessary services. In Lancaster, it is $841/$150k. That is the true difference between a well run town and one that enjoys spending as much as they can.

It's worth pointing out that Elma has a minimal town tax, essentially a highway tax which amounts to $33/$150k. The town has no debt and no unnecessary services. In Lancaster, it is $841/$150k. That is the true difference between a well run town and one that enjoys spending as much as they can.
    Excellent post here yaksplat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information