Thread: What would it take to dissolve the NFTA?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What would it take to dissolve the NFTA?

Does anyone know? If it can be done, is there a movement to do so.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't even know why we have an nfta? Is it like another "shadow government" like the power authority and thruway authority?

All that money to run buses and the airport.

Did you catch the head of the authority telling us that the deal for water front developement is "very complicated" etc etc..

Complicated if your only qualfications were scoring the top three on a civil servant test

Thats a joke... you know... Not to be taken personally by anyone who scored in the top three of a test.

You Gotta Be Kidding

The NFTA, is a politically appointed group of well connected cronies... a MIRRORED IMAGE OF THE E.C WATER AUTHORITY, THE BUFFALO SEWER AUTHORITY, BUFFALO WATER BOARD...should I go on.
    NOW WHERE WOULD ALL THE SUPPORTERS AND HEAVY CONTRIBUTERS TO THE CURRENTLY ELECTED GO?? THERE'S ABOUT A BETTER CHANCE OF YOU WINNING MILLION PLUS LOTTO THAN THESE HEAVIES BEING ABOLISHED!!

Quote Originally Posted by joe d.
    The NFTA, is a politically appointed group of well connected cronies... a MIRRORED IMAGE OF THE E.C WATER AUTHORITY, THE BUFFALO SEWER AUTHORITY, BUFFALO WATER BOARD...should I go on.
    NOW WHERE WOULD ALL THE SUPPORTERS AND HEAVY CONTRIBUTERS TO THE CURRENTLY ELECTED GO?? THERE'S ABOUT A BETTER CHANCE OF YOU WINNING MILLION PLUS LOTTO THAN THESE HEAVIES BEING ABOLISHED!!

We all know the odds of something good happening. My question, can it be done. What if there wasn't an NFTA to appoint a cronie to?

Is there a way?

The NFTA, like all authorities, was created by a statute enacted by the state legislature. It can be abolished by another act of the legislature.

Free Buffalo issued a study calling for the dismantling of all state authorites.

see, freebuffalo.org

It's between HUD and the NFTA for worst local government agency and greatest contributor to the decline of Buffalo.

Sorry guys, you are WAY wrong on this one. The NFTA is one of the most professionally run organizations you will find, private OR public. The issues I assume you have with them (waterfront development or lack thereof) were not of their management's choosing.

Besides, who would you want running our transportation system (and Airport security) the elected officials???

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski
    The NFTA, like all authorities, was created by a statute enacted by the state legislature. It can be abolished by another act of the legislature.

Free Buffalo issued a study calling for the dismantling of all state authorites.

see, freebuffalo.org

It's between HUD and the NFTA for worst local government agency and greatest contributor to the decline of Buffalo.

If freebuffalo can take down the NFTA and place it in the hands of the general population, my next question is....

where do I send a check?

Thread Information