Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State Assembly

State Assembly

Not sure where to start this thread, so please move it to the appropriate spot.

I see that Rus Thompson is going to attempt a run against Sam Hoyt? Who else is going to run against Hoyt?
    "The horror........The horror..........."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas II

I see that Rus Thompson is going to attempt a run against Sam Hoyt? Who else is going to run against Hoyt?
    Sam Hoyt AKA Child Idiot.

Cool

The filing dates for running for elective office this fall passed in July.

I'm surprised that the Buffalo News forgot this, with their editorial about "who will fill Paul Tokasz's seat in the Assembly" on Sunday 8/13. The Republican (Jeff Sell) was endorsed in May, the Democrat (Dennis Gabryszak) was annoited in July (within 10 days after Paul announced, as required by law), the minor parties replaced Paul with Dennis. So, there is no choice left for people to put in for!

However, the filing date for Village Idiot is reserved for cgoodsp466 or whatever he calls himself.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy
    The filing dates for running for elective office this fall passed in July.

I'm surprised that the Buffalo News forgot this, with their editorial about "who will fill Paul Tokasz's seat in the Assembly" on Sunday 8/13. The Republican (Jeff Sell) was endorsed in May, the Democrat (Dennis Gabryszak) was annoited in July (within 10 days after Paul announced, as required by law), the minor parties replaced Paul with Dennis. So, there is no choice left for people to put in for!

However, the filing date for Village Idiot is reserved for cgoodsp466 or whatever he calls himself.
    Hey Jaba The Hut? Paul Tokas is a Putz! Paul is the king of full penatration.
    You love that dont ya oh Large one??????????

Jeffrey Sell (R) Candidate NYS Assembly

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jeffrey Sell,

First let me tell you a little about myself.

I'm 44 years old, married to Joanna (Ball), I have 3 children, Nicholas (deceased), Christian 5, and Chloe 2, I was raised by blue collar parents, Dad retired from Westinghouse, Mom retired from Arcata Graphics (now Quebecor), 4 brothers, 2 sisters. I spent 8 + years in the US Army, honorably discharged in Jan. 1989. I'm a disabled veteran who was ionjured when a roof collapsed while serving in Germany, I also have hearing loss ffrom serving as a Drill Sergeant training new recruits. I have worked my entire life since graduating from High School in 1980.

I'm running to fight for the hard working taxpayers in Cheektowaga, Depew, Sloan, and Lancaster.

I will not promise 200,000 jobs. I believe we need to start with basics, I will fight to pass legislation to require a residency requirement before people are eligible for state benefits (Welfare), I believe we have a obligation to help the people in our state but not every Tom, Dick, and Harry from around the country. The county is complaing about Medicaid, I will fight to help the county only and only if they will implement a Medicaid Fraud unit and go after those abusing the system. I will fight to protect small business owners by getting to the bottom of why compensation insurance cost more in this state compared to the rest of the nation. WNY is a very caring and giving communiy and are only looking for a fair shake. My agenda is to fight for the hard working taxpayers not special interest groups.

My values:

I'm pro life, will not move on this issue.

I support the right to bear arms, I spent 8 + years in the US Army defending the constitution of this great nation, I'm fed up with our elected officials punishing the hard working, law abiding citizens for the actions of the
    minority.

I support family values.

I do not support gay marriage, but believe and will support the right that they have the same protection as married couples.

I believe the job as an elected official is to help the citizens live the American dream not prevent them from it.

As far as having what it takes to do the job as your assemblyman, as a Drill Sergeant I worked 18 hours a day, I'm not afraid of hard, my values are not for sale nor will they ever be.

Let me pose this question, How many of our elected officials would contnue to run if they were faced with the challenge I face as far as being outnumbered by registered voters (D) vs (R) in this town? How many of them take the time and go door to door to speak with taxpayers like I do. I raise my children that hard work is the secret to success, but in this town are elected officials stay home because they know they will win. To bring change you must first want change. And until we hold our elected officials accountable we will never see change for the better.

President Kennedy said, " Ask not what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country."

Should you have any questions regarding where I stand on an issue please feel free to email me at jsell923@adelphia.net.

If you know anyone looking for a positive change, I do not want money but only ask in getting the word.

Thank You,

Jeffrey Sell

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jsell
    I will fight to help the county only and only if they will implement a Medicaid Fraud unit and go after those abusing the system.
    So does that mean if they don't than the hell with us? will you then line your own pockets as the rest of our delegation has? I think you need to clarify your statement!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FJB
    will you then line your own pockets as the rest of our delegation has? I think you need to clarify your statement!!

Mr. FJB, I think it is you that should clarify your statement.

Are you accusing each of the members of the WNY State Legislative Delegation with "lining their own pockets"?

Do you have any proof? Can you back up your accusation?

"Show me the money", to use a line from Hollywood.

Unregistered
    I think I have post links to more than enough PAC's at the State Board of Elections to back up that statement. You should pay more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas II

Nick:

What about the subsequent post saying Rus missed the deadline.

Is that true?

I used to think I was in Hoyt's district, cause of all the signs I saw around Parkside. Then I found they were on the lawns of his relatives or public employees.

I forget the name of mine. She's the black lady someone nominated for the Mensa society. We never see her; she doesn't wander across Main St. much.

I was thinking of filing one of those civil rights, disenfanchisement suits.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

FJB,

I don't see the problem, to give money without a specific purpose will not help the county if its used to hire more family and friends. As a former drill sergeant, leadership is about making tough choices and we have to start holding our elected officials responsible. Look at the tenure of our elected officials, you would think that we have been moving in the right direction.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Sell
    FJB,

I don't see the problem, to give money without a specific purpose will not help the county if its used to hire more family and friends. As a former drill sergeant, leadership is about making tough choices and we have to start holding our elected officials responsible. Look at the tenure of our elected officials, you would think that we have been moving in the right direction.
    I think you are misunderstanding my point. Your post makes it sound like if they don't do what you want with medicaid than you will ignore the other issues. Also you have a lot of incomplete sentences. I would expect more from a representative to the assembly.

Caution, FJB.

While I agree with you about the grammar expectations, I think that is the reason the incumbents are loathe to post here.

So we'd better lead by example but keep our criticisms to ourselves along those lines.

All IMNSHO

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by biker
    Caution, FJB.

While I agree with you about the grammar expectations, I think that is the reason the incumbents are loathe to post here.

So we'd better lead by example but keep our criticisms to ourselves along those lines.

All IMNSHO
    Hey, I have gotten hammered for the same stuff. If the candidates can't take the criticisms then they shouldn't run for office!!! Quit babying candidates Biker!!

FJB,

You can spin it anyway you wish. That is why most elected officials or candidates don't post. I was just responding to a few inquires to who I was. I'm not here to argue. I respect your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by FJB
    Hey, I have gotten hammered for the same stuff. If the candidates can't take the criticisms then they shouldn't run for office!!! Quit babying candidates Biker!!
    I'm gonna just go off and have a good cry...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information