Roberto 4 Senate
    56 Harvester Ave.
    Batavia, New York 14020
    Phone: 585-344-1797

Senator Dale Volker
    5150 Broadway
    Lancaster, N.Y. 14086

Dear Mr. Volker

As a service to the residents of the 59th State Senate district I would like to invite you to participate in a debate of issues prior to this year’s primary election. The Warsaw Central High School media room or gymnasium has been reserved for the last week of August or the first week of September. Also, the Iroquois Central High School has been contacted for an additional date in order to accommodate the residents within Erie County.

The League of Women Voters has agreed to assist and conduct the debate. Local media has and will be contacted in order to secure their participation. We will agree to any debate format of your choosing.

Please indicate at your earliest convenience your desire to either participate or to abstain. Please indicate also what date and time would be most convenient for you.

Your earliest response would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerest Regards,

Leonard A. Roberto
    Candidate New York State Senate

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Unregistered
    Leonard Roberto will be Sandy Beach's guest on Friday September 1st from
    3-6pm. He will also be on Am radio in Geneseo on Saturday morning for 3 hours and guest host on WSPQ Springville Monday morning.

There are public forums scheduled from Tuesday Sept. 5th thru Monday Sept 11th each day. The schedule is sketchy right now but firm dates are the Warsaw High School at 7pm on Sept. 5th, Springville H.S. at 7pm on Sept. 6th.

Tentative public forums are scheduled for Canandaigua H.S. at 7pm on Sept. 7th, Orchard Park H.S. at 7pm on Sept. 8th, Avon H.S. at 7pm on Sept. 9th, and Lancaster H.S. at 7pm on Sept. 11th. All will be advertised on the various radio slots purchased throughout the district and local/township newspapers. Fliers will be posted at various locations as well. Keep the faith, reform is on the way!!! All are invited to attend!!!
    Last edited by FJB; August 30th, 2006 at 10:21 PM.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Roberto 4 Senate
    56 Harvester Ave.
    Batavia, New York 14020
    Phone: 585-344-1797

Senator Dale Volker
    5150 Broadway
    Lancaster, N.Y. 14086

Dear Mr. Volker

As a service to the residents of the 59th State Senate district I would like to invite you to participate in a debate of issues prior to this year’s primary election. The Warsaw Central High School media room or gymnasium has been reserved for the last week of August or the first week of September. Also, the Iroquois Central High School has been contacted for an additional date in order to accommodate the residents within Erie County.

The League of Women Voters has agreed to assist and conduct the debate. Local media has and will be contacted in order to secure their participation. We will agree to any debate format of your choosing.

Please indicate at your earliest convenience your desire to either participate or to abstain. Please indicate also what date and time would be most convenient for you.

Your earliest response would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerest Regards,

Leonard A. Roberto
    Candidate New York State Senate

Dale Volker has responded to the request for a debate. He has refused the offer, stating that he is well known and Leonard Roberto is not and debating Lenny will only introduce Lenny to the public, and it's not in Volker's best interest to do so. So much for defending your record and discussing the issues!!!!

well

at least you can't say that Spitzer did not debate, because he did with the other 2 candidates.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Unregistered
    Apparently the Canandaigua School system and the residents of the community want to have Mr. Volker and Mr. Roberto in a forum. So Lenny is planning to invite Dale Volker to a evening there on Sept 7th. I bet he will run from this one to.

Cool

Now that Satish Mohan has abandoned the Roberto campaign, who besides FJB is left supporting Lenny?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy
    Now that Satish Mohan has abandoned the Roberto campaign, who besides FJB is left supporting Lenny?
    I think you should check your facts, tune into AM930 tomorrow (Friday) at 3pm to get the real story.

Same sleazy innuendo tactics on every thread.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Unregistered
    OK, The forums are set with a few changes. Tuesday Sept. 5th at Warsaw H.S., Wednesday Sept. 6th at Avon H.S., Thursday Sept. 7th at Canandaigua Acadamy, Friday Sept 8th at O.P.H.S., Saturday Sept 9th at Springville H.S., and Monday Sep 11th at Depew H.S.

Mr. Volker, and Mr. Casey will be invited to attend each forum. All are invited to attend. We would like a civil debate, no unruly behavior will be tolerated and all candidates must be treated with the utmost respect. Should the other candidates decline to show up, than Mr. Roberto will field questions from the audience.

There has been reference to the fact that I am the campaign manager to Mr. Roberto's campaign. I do not accept that title and I consider myself to be a close personal friend of Leonard Roberto. I will continue to assist Lenny in any way possible. If reference to me was made by anyone involved in this campaign as "Campaign Manager" then I apologize. I should have been said, Campaign Assistant.

This will most likely be the last post I make on SUWNY until after the primary election, since we will be out of town working the campaign. I will try to keep you all posted, but no promises.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FJB
    I think you should check your facts
    WOW. That's the pot calling the kettle....you know.

Unregistered
    WOW. That's the pot calling the kettle....you know.
    Apparently my facts were correct, at least according to channel 7 news!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FJB
    Apparently my facts were correct, at least according to channel 7 news!!
    I just read the Channel 7 News "Primary Challenge" thing again, and Mohan does not say he was threatened.

Only you and LR have said that, because you made it up to look better.

Now here's the way I see it.

If Mohan was threatened, he has to think of his Town. Because if these two guys threatened like goons, they're prepared to act like goons.

In Volelker's case, he already has. To the TV cameras, the sneering, arrogant Voelker says, "Security? I don't see no security."

If only he'd said "stinkin'", we could have given him credit for theatrical gravitas.

So it is in Mohan's fiduciary responsiblilty to his Town to be smug.

What you have to watch for is whether Mohan publicly rebukes LR or FJB for their intimidation story.

The lack of which will telegraph to everyone (except BigDork, of course) that they are telling the truth.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I just read the Channel 7 News "Primary Challenge" thing again, and Mohan does not say he was threatened.

Only you and LR have said that, because you made it up to look better.
    That's the hole issue i have with this. We have Lenny implying... FJB waving his arms and saying he was threatened....

But then we have mohan on channel 7 sort of waffling without acutally saying anything either way about it.

If I was a supervisor and some lifer politician even hinted that my funding would be pulled based on my endorsement, everyone would know word for word what was said. THere would be no mincing of words.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information