Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 193

Thread: Drive-By Shooting In Amherst -- It's True!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,093

    Drive-By Shooting In Amherst -- It's True!

    There has been more gunfire in Amherst. This time a drive-by shooting (several rounds, I hear) on Callodine Road. A television news story reports the police as having said they '...have no idea...' who did it. I'd bet that police enthusiasm for swiftly solving this crime is rather low. After all, this is a perfect set-up to claim that they need more employees. The fact that it happened in Eggertsville only makes it that much easier to sandbag it's solving. Callodine is not far from the Allenhurst and Princeton apartment complexes that we've heard about many times in the past. You know, the primary crime magnet in Amherst that the police like to sugar coat and claim that it's not really too bad.

    I think the Amherst police are in for a battle that they are ill prepared to address. Sure, they obviously don't care about losing Eggertsville, but when it moves further into Town, these 'Hollywood" officers are gonna have some explaining to do.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    where I work
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    There has been more gunfire in Amherst. This time a drive-by shooting (several rounds, I hear) on Callodine Road. A television news story reports the police as having said they '...have no idea...' who did it. I'd bet that police enthusiasm for swiftly solving this crime is rather low. After all, this is a perfect set-up to claim that they need more employees. The fact that it happened in Eggertsville only makes it that much easier to sandbag it's solving. Callodine is not far from the Allenhurst and Princeton apartment complexes that we've heard about many times in the past. You know, the primary crime magnet in Amherst that the police like to sugar coat and claim that it's not really too bad.

    I think the Amherst police are in for a battle that they are ill prepared to address. Sure, they obviously don't care about losing Eggertsville, but when it moves further into Town, these 'Hollywood" officers are gonna have some explaining to do.
    Are you reading what you are selling? You said the police are going to use this issue to demand more officers and at the samer time you write that the police are sugar coating the calls to say that there isn't a problem in the Allenhurst/Princeton area. Which is it. Are they trying to downplay the crimes or sell them to get more officers? You don't know what your talking about. Believe it or not I know some officers that live in Eggertsville and in that area. The Amherst Police are professionals and want to solve every crime. It's your supervisor that says there is no crime in Amherst. That the residents are socioeconomically happy. He doesn't see the need to solve these crimes because they don't exist on his side of the tracks. If you've ever driven in Eggertsville, there are more police cars in that area at any given moment then in the rest of the town combined. As for being ill-prpared to fight this battle, why is the supervisor cutting back on officers? This is a community safety issue. I'll bet he's nice and safe in East Amherst.
    Last edited by communicator; August 29th, 2006 at 10:04 PM.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    where I work
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    After all, this is a perfect set-up to claim that they need more employees.


    Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    You know, the primary crime magnet in Amherst that the police like to sugar coat and claim that it's not really too bad.

    You are an (oxy)MORON.

  4. #4
    Member The Constable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    196
    The Police Department has stated publicly many times about their concern for the potential crime problem in the Eggertsville area; Chief Moslow has repeately that additional officers are needed in this area. To think that any police officer would approach a problem such as a driveby shooting in any manner other than an agressive response is an extremely stupid thought. The officers of the Amherst Police pride themselves in bringing to justice people who would engage in such conduct. I have enough confidence in our Police Department and I believe they will make an arrest in this incident within the next 48 hours.

    As far as being "Hollywood" cops; I didn't know that the criminal activity stops at the city line. By the way its Callodine Avenue, not road. I grew up in Eggertsville.

  5. #5
    Member leftWNYbecauseofBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,867
    Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    I think the Amherst police are in for a battle that they are ill prepared to address. Sure, they obviously don't care about losing Eggertsville, but when it moves further into Town, these 'Hollywood" officers are gonna have some explaining to do.

    It has to be said. You ARE A COMPLETE A**HOLE! I DO NOT CARE IF I GET BANNED. Do you have any idea of the training that APD goes through?
    What gives you the right to say that they "don't care about losing Eggertsville" and they are "Hollywood" officers.

    Please back up your statements you sorry sack of S*IT.....

    I await your reply.

  6. #6
    Member The Constable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    196
    I'm sorry; I made an error, the sentence should read .... "Chief Moslow has repeatedly said that additional officers are needed in this area." Must have been the late hour

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by The Constable
    The Police Department has stated publicly many times about their concern for the potential crime problem in the Eggertsville area; Chief Moslow has repeately that additional officers are needed in this area. To think that any police officer would approach a problem such as a driveby shooting in any manner other than an agressive response is an extremely stupid thought. The officers of the Amherst Police pride themselves in bringing to justice people who would engage in such conduct. I have enough confidence in our Police Department and I believe they will make an arrest in this incident within the next 48 hours.

    As far as being "Hollywood" cops; I didn't know that the criminal activity stops at the city line. By the way its Callodine Avenue, not road. I grew up in Eggertsville.
    The way you state that you grew up in Eggertsville, makes it sound as though you left. By the way, Moslow USED to live in Eggertsville too... he left because he wanted to live elsewhere. I used to live in the area... anmd I have a relative that lives within spitting distance of Allenhurst Projects. Callodine is very close to that area.

    When I lived there, I would go to a taxpayers group meeting every month. At one of those meetings, Amherst Police spokesperson/chief Moslow was there with another officer (first name was Mike, but I cannot remember his last name or rank). Moslow was very clear about his thoughts. He said quite blatantly (and ignorantly) that there was no more crime or potential crime in Eggertsville than any other area of Amherst. The director of the Eggertsville taxpayers (Matt was his name I seem to remember) had records of police calls and news reports and so on. Moslow claimed that he didn't have any idea of all these occurances. He said he was going to look into it... but I never heard anything further. But, he was VERY VERY clear in his statement that there was no crime or incident issue in Eggerstville. The other police representative later echoed Moslow's position and then went on to advertyise their DARE program. Moslow's position on Eggertsville was foolish and ignorant. He tried to sell a false picture. I'm sure others still remember this meeting as I do because it was discussed for some time afterward.

    As far as there being more cars in eggertsvile than the rest of the town combined, you are dead wrong. Williamsville alone has two patrols (Partols 2 & 3?). Eggertsville has one (Patrol 4, no?).

    The fact is that the Amherst "hollywood" police are not yet prepared to deal with today's problems in Eggertsville. I don't care what training the APD goes through. Training doen't mean you are prepared for alternate issues. The APD's actions with regard to Eggertsville have been mostly (if not exclusively) reactive. They have been sorely deficient in proactive advance behaviors to avoid the issues from starting.

    The Policie have regularly downplayed the crimne in eggertsville which IMO has been largely because they don't know how to stop it... it's not the pretty hollywood crime that they like to deal with.

    So 48 hours will bring an arrest, huh? Halfway there already!

  8. #8
    Member leftWNYbecauseofBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,867
    Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    By the way, Moslow USED to live in Eggertsville too... he left because he wanted to live elsewhere.

    You are talking out of your a**. He has lived in the village for the last 30+ years. His kids went to Williamsville South.

    So do you just type sh*t on the message board because know one calls you out? What else of what you wrote is a lie????

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    6,426
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    You are talking out of your a**. He has lived in the village for the last 30+ years. His kids went to Williamsville South.

    So do you just type sh*t on the message board because know one calls you out? What else of what you wrote is a lie????
    He made his case, as you asked him to do. If you want to call him out, how about doing it with whatever facts you seem to think you have -- instead of posting semi-obscene messages on a board that attempts to avoid that stuff?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    You are talking out of your a**. He has lived in the village for the last 30+ years. His kids went to Williamsville South.

    So do you just type sh*t on the message board because know one calls you out? What else of what you wrote is a lie????
    John Moslow lived on Springville. I know that. He was a neighbor. What about that is a lie? Nothing. Nothing.

    I've heard nothing yet about an arrest in the Amherst drive-by shooting. 48 hours, huh? Tell me, exactly when did this shooting occur? I want to set my 48 hour clock properly.

    The real issue is that the Amherst Police do not yet know how to address the problems of an aging community like Eggertsville. Their pattern so far has been to deny that issues exist. I've heard that and seen that with my own senses. It should have been embarrassing to John Moslow when he tried to didge the facts presented to him at the meeting I referenced before. But I think that he believes nobody will catch him. The facts are the facts. Allenhurst is a crtime magnet that the APD cannot find a way to foil. Peterson is too good at controlling Amherst politicians like Moslow.

    This nonsense about more patrol cars in Eggertsville that the rest of the town combined is pure crap! I'm in Eggertsville on a regular basis. Maybe what you mean is that there are more police responses at Allenhurst that the rest of the town combined. But according to the police, that's not true. Of course the facts don't support the police. I remember that police call statistics were posted by the Eggertsville Community group a few years ago. It was quite compelling. They were posted only after soo many on this very message board tried to deny that there was a problem. Then, faced with the facts, many of those deniers simply clamed up.

    The head of the police union -- Guzdeki -- said on Channel 2's Red Zone that oif they don't get the three officers, they will "lose parts of the Town" like Eggertsville. Is that really true?... Or is it a threat? Is he acknoweledging that Eggertsville is in danger? Do the Police really know that Eggertsville is three officers away from being lost? If it is that close to being lost, why hasn't something been done about it? Is Gusdek playing politics with the fate of an entire community? Would he really jepordize the safety and secutity of Eggertsville's prople... the people that he is supposed to serve? Is he that much of a sinister snake?

    This drive-by shooting should be the talk of the town.

    Again, leftwnybecauseofbs, Moslow was a neighbor on the corner of Springville. Would you like a photograph of his former residence... a page from the old city directory... or would you simply say more trash about where his kids went to school?

    I laugh at these politicians that boast that they "USED" to live in Eggertsville. They wear their FORMER address like a badge. It's funny. Moslow is no different in my book. He jumped ship and would like to disregard what he cannot control...ie: the crime problem in Eggertsville that is largely propogated or attracted by his "friend" peterson/penman.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    where I work
    Posts
    652
    No...You are dead wrong and appear to be always wrong....So if you are wrong on these am I to take you are wrong on everything you have said on this site?

    You just keep proving you don't know anything. Did you ever hear the saying " no one knows how dumb you are until you open your mouth and tell them"? Your the poster child for it.

    Fact #1....there is only one patrol car in Williamsville...patrol 2...patrol 3 is Snyder

    Fact #2...Eggertsville has 2 patrol areas alone

    Fact #3... just because there are only 2 assigned patrol areas does not mean that there are only 2 assigned patrol cars in those areas. There are wild cars assigned and that work heavily in those areas.

    Fact #4...there is also grants that pay for more coverage in that area as well as other high crime areas in town. (Yes I said grants, as in grant money)

    Fact #5...there is also checkpoints (DWI and seatbelt) in the Eggertsville areas on a pretty regular basis. They also have quality of life patrols in this area.

    Fact #6...there are other parts of town that have just as high a crime rate as Eggertsville. Because there less officers available to stop it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

    As for pretty "Hollywood" crime the police deal with....Are domestics, murder, suicide all pretty crimes??? How about drowning babies and children, deadly automobile accidents, or assisting the elderly when they fall out of bed?How about robberies, DWI's? What exactly is a pretty crime??? You watch too much TV.
    Maybe you need to stop "driving" through Eggertsville and stop once in a while and get the "WHOLE" picture before you make stupid comments.

    The Amherst Police are the most professional police department in the area. IMO<, no one is better. They have a high solve rate and have been rated #1 three yrs in a row and are still in the top 3. NATIONWIDE! ! ! What don't you get?
    How's that FAN ! ! !
    Last edited by communicator; August 30th, 2006 at 01:22 PM.

  12. #12
    Member AmherstSucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    I think the Amherst police are in for a battle that they are ill prepared to address. Sure, they obviously don't care about losing Eggertsville, but when it moves further into Town, these 'Hollywood" officers are gonna have some explaining to do.
    And what better way to address this crime issue than to reduce the patrol force to 1/3 of it's current head count. So which position are you going to take on this one? That the Town should cut the patrol force by 2/3 as suggested by the Napoleon wannabe? Or that the Amherst Police don't know how to do their jobs? Either way you are, as was so eloquently stated by leftWNY, speaking out of your balloon knot.

  13. #13
    Member AmherstSucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    Is Gusdek playing politics with the fate of an entire community? Would he really jepordize the safety and secutity of Eggertsville's prople... the people that he is supposed to serve? Is he that much of a sinister snake?
    I think you got the name wrong there. It should read like this:
    Is Mohan playing politics with the fate of an entire community? Would he really jepordize the safety and secutity of Eggertsville's prople... the people that he is supposed to serve? Is he that much of a sinister snake?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    where I work
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by AmherstSucks
    I think you got the name wrong there. It should read like this:


    EXACTLY ! ! ! !Guzdek does not make manpower decisions.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    where I work
    Posts
    652
    Stake....didn't you "use" to live in Eggertsville? You seem to be shining up your own Eggertsville badge.Didn't you bail out of that area also? Why?????

    How hard do you think it is to solve a drive-by shooting in the early hours of the morning? How many witnesses do you think were outside at the time? And if there were witnesses, do you think the shooter would have done it???DUH ! ! !

    Maybe your on to something.....a police officer on every street in Eggertsville at every hour of the day. So 200 streets(give or take some) times 3 shifts per day. We only need 600 more officers to make sure we properly patrol your "former" neighborhood.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Amherst Pepsi Center lands hockey tournament
    By steven in forum Amherst, Clarence and Williamsville
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 15th, 2017, 02:19 PM
  2. Satish Mohan running for a spot on Amherst Republican Committee
    By steven in forum Amherst, Clarence and Williamsville
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2006, 10:18 PM
  3. Drive Throughs
    By Achbek1 in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: May 15th, 2006, 11:05 PM
  4. Amherst to save $$$$by using employees for flood survey
    By atotaltotalfan2001 in forum Amherst, Clarence and Williamsville
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 30th, 2006, 10:46 AM
  5. Two firms get tax incentives in Amherst
    By steven in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 18th, 2006, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •