Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Drive-By Shooting In Amherst -- It's True!

Quote Originally Posted by AmherstSucks
    Maybe you need a miracle ear. I hear Bill O'Reilly is looking for some fact checkers. You'd fit right in.
    I've had a crap day today. This gave me a chuckle. LOL

Your comments are right on the money and as true as it is...it is equally sad and depressing. I have heard of so many people who get subsidized for some so called disability who live very normal lifes, working jobs under the table, dealing on ebay or selling on the internet. All the while they get a big assist from the "working poor". There are no shortages of scammers in Amherst (all of Amherst).

If things keep going the way they are in this country the working class will have much less than the "victimized". When I was young (eons ago) we had very little. When we wanted things that other kids had we didn't get them but we did get a lecture about doinng well in shcool so that we could get a good job and earn enough to have the finer things in life. (one of which was a TV. We had to go to a neighbors to watch I Love Lucy since we were the last in the Town to get a TV. We learned to make plans, set goals and keep going until we were satisfied that we had done our best. Guess we weren't so poor after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Surface Tension
    Your comments are right on the money and as true as it is...it is equally sad and depressing. I have heard of so many people who get subsidized for some so called disability who live very normal lifes, working jobs under the table, dealing on ebay or selling on the internet. All the while they get a big assist from the "working poor". There are no shortages of scammers in Amherst (all of Amherst).

If things keep going the way they are in this country the working class will have much less than the "victimized". When I was young (eons ago) we had very little. When we wanted things that other kids had we didn't get them but we did get a lecture about doinng well in shcool so that we could get a good job and earn enough to have the finer things in life. (one of which was a TV. We had to go to a neighbors to watch I Love Lucy since we were the last in the Town to get a TV. We learned to make plans, set goals and keep going until we were satisfied that we had done our best. Guess we weren't so poor after all.
    Poor in wealth. Rich in values.

Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    Hey, Commumicator, here's an apostrophe free of charge ---> ' .... I think you meant "you're", not "Your". Communicator? OK.

About your fact 1 and fact 2... I heard John Moslow say that there were two patrols in Williamsville and one for Eggertsville. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe he changed things around... but why would he do that... according to him, there's no problem(s) in Eggertsville.

About your fact 3 and fact 4.... So, how many patrols and/or cars are there and to which areas are they assigned and who's paying for them??

About your fact 5... maybe so. I am in Eggertsville daily for, oh, the past 40 years. Only once --- that's once in 40 years!! -- did I cross a "checkpoint" of ANY kind... on Bailey near Bocce Pizza... and that was (I'm rather certain) by a murder suicide that had just occured in Buffalo off of Bailey. And, just for the record, my travels in the area are at all times of the day & night... weekdays... weeknights...weekends... hol.idays. Coincidence like that for fourty years is quite remarkable.

About your fact 6... No other residential area has as high a crime count as Eggertsville. None. But, actually, according to Moslow, crime in Eggertsville is virtually non-existant.... and certainly nothing to be noteworthy... not even at Allenhurst.

The fact is there has now been a drive-by shooting in Amherst. There's no denying it! It happened. Apparently, crime is escalating... since I believe that most people in the area would consider a drive-by shooting to be more intense a "crime" than a drowning or auto accident or bicycle theft or elderly falling out of bed (is that even a 'crime'?... maybe to hollywood cops it is? wow.).

I've fallen and I can't get up... please don't arrest me!
    Stakeholder, wake up. Communicator has credability.

The word "Communicator" should give you a clue about an occupation in the know - namely Police Dispatcher who knows the APD patrols and operations intimately!!

So the trooper who was just shot served an area that is significantly less "active" then Amherst. He was shot by a sniper riffle and penetrated a bullet proof vest. He did not see the day to day crime that a Buffalo cop does. All he was doing was his job. Is he Hollywood?

Now I have attacked |- Amherst Polesmoker -| on several occasions for calling ANY officer Hollywood. Regardless of how much action or what kind of action they see, any day can be the day they are shot. For this very reason, I think polesmoker is a jack a**. I was never defending just the APD. I was speaking out for any PD.

This trooper probably spent most of his days in service doing the same tasks that polesmoker is mocking the APD for doing. Is he less of a public servant because of this. Polesmoker would want you to think so.

What needs to be said is most of the APD grew up in Amherst, which is why they CHOOSE to serve Amherst. They choose to protect their friends and families and neighbors. They serve Amherst so well that most criminals stay our of Amherst for fear of this group.

Crime will happen. A person who is upset with his/her spouse does not care where he/she is standing when he/she fires a gun. Violent crime in general is not thought out. Non-Violent crime is. If you were going try to rob a bank would you do it in Buffalo where the response time is long or in Amherst where the response time is minutes. Amherst has a great track record of keeping all types of crime down. For you Amherst residents like polesmoker, your house values prove it. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

The BPD or any dept for that matter would welcome with open arms the types of candidates that apply to APD and the officers that serve in the APD.

I don't like some people's intimidating tone.

I have never so much as received a traffic ticket from the Amherst Police.

I do not like the fact that the leader of the APD can stand infront of a group of Eggertsville residents and claim that crime isn't an issue in that area.

I do not like the fact that when presented with facts and data, the leader of the APD performed dance to avoid addressing the facts.

My housing value in Eggertsville dropped from 1990 to 2005... based on appraisals from two banks, two real estate firms and the Amherst assessor. The basis was not condition of the subject property, but rather the location/surroundings.

Many things that have been said here by those other than me are probably true for every other area of Amherst EXCEPT Eggertsville.

I knew the APD would not solve an Eggertsville drive-by shooting in 48 hours. But, as suggested above, I'd be willing to bet that had that occurred on Wood Acres (just as an arbitrary example) it would have been solved in less that 24 hours.

The type of crime that is encroaching Eggertsville is violent. The perpetrators do not care if it's APD turf. Because the APD in Eggertsvbille isn't that strong.

I've never heard anyone claim that Boulevard Mall is in Eggertsville. There's really not that much commercial businesses on NFB in Eggertsville.

The major problem is Allenhurst & Princeton. The operators of those are big olitical contributors and very active.

I do not like the fact that the leader of the APD can stand infront of a group of Eggertsville residents and claim that crime isn't an issue in that area.

I do not like the fact that when presented with facts and data, the leader of the APD performed dance to avoid addressing the facts.

My housing value in Eggertsville dropped from 1990 to 2005... based on appraisals from two banks, two real estate firms and the Amherst assessor. The basis was not condition of the subject property, but rather the location/surroundings.

Many things that have been said here by those other than me are probably true for every other area of Amherst EXCEPT Eggertsville.

I knew the APD would not solve an Eggertsville drive-by shooting in 48 hours. But, as suggested above, I'd be willing to bet that had that occurred on Wood Acres (just as an arbitrary example) it would have been solved in less that 24 hours.

The type of crime that is encroaching Eggertsville is violent. The perpetrators do not care if it's APD turf. Because the APD in Eggertsvbille isn't that strong.

I've never heard anyone claim that Boulevard Mall is in Eggertsville. There's really not that much commercial businesses on NFB in Eggertsville.

The major problem is Allenhurst & Princeton. The operators of those are big olitical contributors and very active.

As far as Allenhurst and Princton goes, it is run by MJ Peterson as listed on the HUD site.
    M J PETERSON CORPORATION
    Phone: (716) 689-7600
    mconorozzomjp@aol.com

Now from my understanding, these were not always subsidized housing. The fact of the matter is they are privately owned subsidized housing with MJ Peterson Corp as the owner. My suggestion is form a protest to MJ Peterson. Tell everyone in Amherst not to list or buy with MJ because of this. I am not sure if you can turn this back and unsubsidize but at least it will put a nail in the coffin of MJ. Who by the way has been making money of your declining property values for years.

So far your word is the only thing holding up what you claim Chief Moslow said. I realize that the two of us don't see eye to eye on too many things here, but that aside, no matter what we agreed upon here or elsewhere, your eyewitness account of what somebody said is not sufficient for me to believe it. I know Chief Moslow and I have very serious doubts that he would say there is more patrol coverage in the Village than Eggertsville.

All of this begs the question as well, do you support Mohan's contention that the Town only needs 30 patrol officers? Because I have news for you, if somehow this were to happen, that would amount to their being about 3 or 4 patrol cars for Town at any given time instead of the current 8 to 13. Think that will help your situation over there? Didn't think so.

So whether you truly care for the well being of the Town and it's residents or you're nothing but a self centered idiot, either way you should be going crazy to try and make sure that never happens. I don't see you protesting this suggestion of Mohan's at all. I don't see you even thinking about any sort of suggestions or ideas that could be constructive in addressing this "crime wave in Eggertsville". Instead you do nothing but berate a bunch of men and women who intentionally put themselves in harms way to protect the public, including sorry excuses for human flesh like yourself. What's worse is that your insults are based on ignorance and some undisclosed grudge. I don't know if you had an experience with an Amherst officer where you thought he/she wasn't polite enough for you or what, but they are widely regarded as the perfect example of professionalism in law enforcement. You're seriously misguided and I think you even know it, but at this point it's more about saving face than anything else for you.

Blvd mall is in the middle of Eggertsville. No one has to claim it, it is, period. So is Kmart and target and all of the plazas in between. I have lived in Eggertsville since 1966. And your ignorant if you think they investigate crime in other areas of town better than Eggertsville. You don't know what you are talking about. To solve a crime, you need many things....evidence...witnesses...or a whistle blower...and even then you may also need some luck.....That doesn't say much for the residents in Eggertsville. You're implying that the other parts of town are more likely to get involved with what is happening in their neighborhood and willing to help themselves by helping the police. The police needs its citizens to help them solve crimes. They can't be on every street at every minute of the day.

This is from the wikipedia site....

"Eggertsville is a suburban community in the southwest part of the town, bordering on Buffalo centered around Eggert Road. Daemen College is located on Main Street (Route 5). The community is named after early postmaster Christian Eggert"
    It also states that West Amherst connects to Eggertsville and starts at Maple Rd. to Tonawanda Creek

"Based on statistics reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Amherst is the third safest city in USA overall, after Newton, Massachusetts and Brick Township, New Jersey. The designation is based on crime statistics for the year 2004 in six categories: murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and auto theft. [1]"
    Next you'll try to sell us that the chief is having his personell ignore the calls for assistance in that area so that the crime figures will be lower.

Good Point

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    As far as Allenhurst and Princton goes, it is run by MJ Peterson as listed on the HUD site.
    M J PETERSON CORPORATION
    Phone: (716) 689-7600
    mconorozzomjp@aol.com

Now from my understanding, these were not always subsidized housing. The fact of the matter is they are privately owned subsidized housing with MJ Peterson Corp as the owner. My suggestion is form a protest to MJ Peterson. Tell everyone in Amherst not to list or buy with MJ because of this. I am not sure if you can turn this back and unsubsidize but at least it will put a nail in the coffin of MJ. Who by the way has been making money of your declining property values for years.
    This is right on. You have to HIT them where they will feel it..in their pocketbooks. I do not know anything about this subsidized housing but I DO know they way to make a point is to be vocal, loud and PERSISTANT. You also have to WRITE to your town board. Despite what any of you believe, they DO listen. Not all of them..but some of them. Mohan does listen. So does Schratz. Especially if you write often enough and make your fears KNOWN. I know people who work for town hall..and there is no mention of the "fear" that is going on in Eggerstville...just on this message board...that is NOT going to help get things done.

Also as far as Chief Moslow "downplaying" the crime in Eggertsville. I believe that could be true. It is the "politically correct" thing to do. They cannot make Themselves look bad. I once went to a town hall meeting where re: students drinking IN school, DURING class....(whole other topic)..and the SUPERINTENDENT STILL downplayed it even AFTER the students SPOKE!!!!!!!!!!!
    wow

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    It has to be said. You ARE A COMPLETE A**HOLE! I DO NOT CARE IF I GET BANNED. Do you have any idea of the training that APD goes through?
    What gives you the right to say that they "don't care about losing Eggertsville" and they are "Hollywood" officers.

Please back up your statements you sorry sack of S*IT.....

I await your reply.
    Listen to Johnny Bad ass. You sorry C--t

Citizens shouldn't rely on the Police for everything - and the APD has been doing a great job. These questionable neigborhoods need to start doing some self policing and create some preventaive tactics to thwart crime... like Neighborhood Watch groops, meeting you neigbors, Citizen patrols. Local leaders need to emerge and act like many crime free neighborhoods do all over the country.
    Activity + Opportunity = Success

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    Listen to Johnny Bad ass. You sorry C--t
    you had your chance to get off your porch in 1967 ! ! !

Another Violent Crime in Eggertsville

Yet another violent crime in the area.

Someone threw some type of fire cocktail on to a roof on Capen the other night. Minimal damage to the building, but again, weird stuff going on.

Drive-bys, arson attempts...........

Also, the media coverage suffers from a deplorable lack of curiosity.

Usually these type of crimes are laden with revenge, yet you hardly ever see the news cover that angle.

I'm guessing these weren't random acts.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information