Thread: Should John Rigas be released from prison ?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Should John Rigas be released from prison ?

Should John Rigas be released from prison ?

Posted by Sandy Beach on Monday, December 21, 2015

What do you think?

Why? He cheated a lot of people out of a lot of money and ruined lives ... and he did it not because he needed the money to feed his family or to be secure in his old age or even to make his first million. No, he did it because the multi-millions he already had weren't enough for him.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Why? He cheated a lot of people out of a lot of money and ruined lives ...
    People in government do that everyday. Time to be realistic to what is going on in the world.

Releasing him would more than likely save the taxpayers some $$...if his condition is serious as he would like us to believe...the care needed would be at his expense. ...including ankle bracelet and house arrest/confinement.

Let him finish out his sentence in China,, they seem to know what to do with corporate felons.

There are a lot of people who are also costing the tax payers moneys, 50 billion dollars for 300 million jailed for marijuana use since the Just Say No who are far more deserving to be released from prison than Rigas
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    There are a lot of people who are also costing the tax payers moneys, 50 billion dollars for 300 million jailed for marijuana use since the Just Say No who are far more deserving to be released from prison than Rigas
    Exactly this. There are a lot of people in prison whose crimes were much less serious than Rigas'. Let them go first. Then you can talk about releasing Rigas.

As for people in government who break the law like Silver and Skelos, they should serve their sentences, too. Frankly, I'm sick of white-collar criminal, in and out of government, skating because they're "non-violent".

Just because you or some wingnut pushing his agenda doesn't happen to like some politician's politics doesn't mean he or she committed any crime.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Exactly this. There are a lot of people in prison whose crimes were much less serious than Rigas'. Let them go first. Then you can talk about releasing Rigas.

As for people in government who break the law like Silver and Skelos, they should serve their sentences, too. Frankly, I'm sick of white-collar criminal, in and out of government, skating because they're "non-violent".

Just because you or some wingnut pushing his agenda doesn't happen to like some politician's politics doesn't mean he or she committed any crime.
    +1

10 Chars
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Tim Rigas wins early release from prison

Even after he won his freedom from prison in 2016, John J. Rigas would talk about the deep wound that remained.

He was speaking not about the terminal cancer that led to his early release, but about the son, Timothy, he left behind in prison.

"But he'll be home soon," the 94-year old Rigas told a reporter last year. "And I hope to be alive."

Rigas' wish came true Monday when his son returned home after 12 years in prison. He will serve the balance of his sentence in home confinement.

"It's pretty hard to hold back a few tears," John Rigas said during an interview with The Buffalo News. "But now that he's home, the wound can heal."

https://buffalonews.com/2019/07/09/t...box=1562690491

Thread Information