Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all lawyers

Calling all lawyers

Calling all lawyers - wheres the loopholes in this that allows "Double dipping for our local Town Officials ?

S T A T E O F N E W Y O R K
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2013-2014 Regular Sessions
    I N S E N A T E
    (PREFILED)
    January 9, 2013
    AN ACT to amend the civil service law, in relation to prohibiting
    elected officials from collecting retirement while still in an elected
    position

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, REPRESENTED IN SENATE AND ASSEM-
    BLY, DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:
    1 Section 1. Section 150 of the civil service law, as amended by chapter 211 of the laws of 1995, is amended to read as follows:
    S 150. Suspension of pension and annuity during public employment. Except as otherwise provided by sections one hundred one, two hundred eleven, and two hundred twelve of the retirement and social security law, section five hundred three of the education law, and except as now provided by any local law or charter, if any person subsequent to his or her retirement from the civil service of the state or of any municipal corporation or political subdivision of the state, shall accept any office, position or employment in the civil service of the state or of any municipal corporation or political subdivision of the state to which any salary or emolument is attached, except jury duty or the office of inspector of election, poll clerk or ballot clerk under the election law, or the office of notary public or commissioner of deeds, [or an elective public office,] any pension or annuity awarded or allotted to him or her upon retirement, and payable by the state, by such municipal corporation or political subdivision, or out of any fund established by or pursuant to law, shall be suspended during such service or employment and while such person is receiving any salary or emolument therefor except reimbursement for traveling expenses. [Notwithstanding the fore- going, if any person, subsequent to his or her retirement from an elective public office, accepts appointment, is re-elected or takes a new oath of office to the same elective public office from which he or she retired, his or her retirement allowance shall be suspended until the date he or she vacates such elective public office, unless the amount earned for any calendar year for that elective public office does not exceed the earning limitation provided for retired persons in section two hundred twelve of the retirement and social security law. However,for purposes of this section the age seventy unlimited earnings provision of section two hundred twelve of the retirement and social security law will not pertain to any person, subsequent to his or her retirement from an elective public office, if such person accepts appointment, is re-elected or takes a new oath of office to the same elective public office from which he or she retired].
    S 2. This act shall take effect immediately.
    Last edited by 4248; December 17th, 2015 at 06:37 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Calling all lawyers - wheres the loopholes in this that allows "Double dipping for our local Town Officials ?

OMG, give it up already. You are so bitter about this issue that you must have been wronged by the Supervisor elect. Please share??? If you want change, contact your State representative and bug them about it. Nothing will happen here. Most of your post refer to this issue and are boring.

Hey, here is a great idea.......take a some well deserve time off until after Christmas, your fingers could use a break. If a loop hole exist then by all means state your case to the proper authorities and best of luck. If your rants are just your way of wanting attention, you succeeded, your nuts.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Personally I think the loophole should be closed up. Along with pension padding.

If there is nothing wrong with it why hide it, why deny it while campaigning ?

Would voters have elected her if she told the truth -

"Elect me so I can double my tax funded take home pay"

"If elected I promise to take my tax funded pension and benefits, then take the tax funded salary and benefits for my new position"

Vote for me and I will show you how to turn a$70,000.00 a year tax funded position into $3000.00 tax dollars a week and $500,000.00 tax dollars for a four year term !

I have a suggestion - google search "Double dip pensions" -

Read for your self how many states are going after it ! Those who use the loop hole lie and say it hurts no one - it hurts every taxpayers.

They are draining a system that has to be there for everyone who earned it. They raise the amount paid by tax payers to support it. Then they turn around and avoid further taxes on their current income by deferring it.

Mean while our taxes are used to support this whole system. Yes, I am stuck on closing this loop hole !

When people run for office pretending they are doing it for their community
    - all the while hiding the fact they are planning/schemeing to "Double Dip" - yes that sticks in my craw !

Heres some articles for you CLICK HERE

Assembly Deputy Speaker Earlene Hooper, a Nassau County Democrat, receives a $6,821.00 monthly pension, which amounts to $81,852.00 a year. That’s on top of an additional $104,500.00 a year she gets in legislative salary and a leadership stipend, bringing her total pay to $186,352.00

Assemblyman Herman (Denny) Farrell (D-Manhattan) has been collecting an $81,619.00 annual pension since the start of 2011 on top of the $131,500.00 combined he receives for his salary and his stipend for serving as chairman of the powerful Ways and Means Committee.

Like Farrell, Senate Deputy Majority Leader John DeFrancisco (R-Syracuse) is still being paid $131,500.00 in salary and stipend. But since January, he has also collected a $6,056.00 monthly pension.
    Last edited by 4248; December 18th, 2015 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans and Franks View Post
    OMG, give it up already. You are so bitter about this issue that you must have been wronged by the Supervisor elect. Please share??? If you want change, contact your State representative and bug them about it. Nothing will happen here. Most of your post refer to this issue and are boring.

Hey, here is a great idea.......take a some well deserve time off until after Christmas, your fingers could use a break. If a loop hole exist then by all means state your case to the proper authorities and best of luck. If your rants are just your way of wanting attention, you succeeded, your nuts.
    Yes, he seems obsessed by this practice but provides valuable information to those who feel the same on the double-dipping practice. It is legal but does suck.

If it bothers you and your ilk, and other of his postings, don't read them.

Also, don't then post, 'Please share???'.

I think you have to consider the source.

The guy rails on like an absolute lunatic about something someone else has rightfully earned - fair and square; and yet he has the nerve to campaign for someone who stiffs the government by not paying his taxes and another man who had a terrible history in business with all sorts of lawsuits against him and several criminal bench warrants.

4248 can blab on until the cows come home.

Who cares.

Except some on here, and of course it's also like watching a train wreck.

I think he's setting himself up for another big loss as I hope the Supervisor does take her pension, as earned and deserved. 4248 will face another low in his life with an ending he does not want, like when Dino and the GOP team got defeated on Election Day.

It is like watching a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Yes, he seems obsessed by this practice but provides valuable information to those who feel the same on the double-dipping practice. It is legal but does suck.

He's only had 'valuable information' (maybe interesting) of late, while his obsession for over a month is clear.

Most of his posts are creepy because they're so obsessive.

My (4248) words are BLUE

[QUOTE=Breezy;1603318]I think you have to consider the source.
    Yes, please consider the sources: USA Today, NY Times, Texas House of representatives, NY Post and Governor Cuomo = for more CLICK HERE

The guy rails on like an absolute lunatic about something someone else has rightfully earned - fair and square; and yet he has the nerve to campaign for someone who stiffs the government by not paying his taxes and another man who had a terrible history in business with all sorts of lawsuits against him and several criminal bench warrants.

As always he lies and twists to cover his "Double dip" scheming friends - if it was all fair and square, why didn't she expose it while campaigning - why did you and her friends deny it was in the works ?

I didnt "campaign for anyone" - you never stop campaigning for your tax funded friends and tax subsidized lifestyle !

4248 can blab on until the cows come home. Who cares. Except some on here, and of course it's also like watching a train wreck.

Obviously Town Clerk Johanna Coleman Metz and her friends care - why else would she announce she might reduce her pay - but only after it was exposed should could double dip and collect $3000.00(+/-) tax dollars a week and $500,000.00 tax dollars for a four year term by "Double Dipping" !

My life - unlike yours/hers doesn't change regardless of who is or isn't elected. I stand to gain nothing either way, my home owner taxes will probably increase now - with her giving away the bank with all these sweat contracts you guys have promised - but she's gonna do that to the whole Town !

I won't be "disappointed" when its finally made official and public that she will be "Double dipping" - I will be disgusted with the system she represents. One of greed and self enrichment - the system that points the rise in taxes squarely at the workers because of healthcare and pension costs - when she her self joins her other Party Mates in the "Double Dip" tax funded "Game" - As was predicted and denied by you !

The train wreck happened on election day - when the Police Officials Pimped themselves for the back door contract deal.

So in closing tonight - I enjoy living here - the people are great - the Politics are below scum bag level ! Want me to stop posting about our Government here in Lancaster - quit corrupting the system !
    Last edited by 4248; December 18th, 2015 at 11:30 PM.

You ask me not to post then end with please share, confusing, soooooo........Does it suck?? Apparently you and your buddy 4248 think so. Then go after it. I would not blame you you a bit, but go after the state reps. His obsessive posts are some what crazy and insane. After a while they are boring as heck. He has started several threads with the same subject, but......he is your buddy, a fellow repubic-can. Yes, I know its spelled wrong, haha. 4248 can do no wrong and providing a service of blah-blah-blah. God forbid some put down your precious Dino Foolduli. He was the worst and we will be paying for it. Chaos and Havoc if I remember correctly. You voted for him but he lost, haha. If your not busy posting on December 31, why don't you all go down to town hall and help the little guy pack. Maybe one of you have ladder to reach the high stuff, haha. They could have elected anybody and I would be happy as long as it was not your little pal. Think you will be allowed to sit in on the closed door meetings anymore??? I hope they stick you in the cheap seats with the rest of us.

You ask me not to post then end with please share, confusing, soooooo........Does it suck?? Apparently you and your buddy 4248 think so. Then go after it. I would not blame you you a bit, but go after the state reps. His obsessive posts are some what crazy and insane. After a while they are boring as heck. He has started several threads with the same subject, but......he is your buddy, a fellow repubic-can. Yes, I know its spelled wrong, haha. 4248 can do no wrong and providing a service of blah-blah-blah. God forbid some put down your precious Dino Foolduli. He was the worst and we will be paying for it. Chaos and Havoc if I remember correctly. You voted for him but he lost, haha. If your not busy posting on December 31, why don't you all go down to town hall and help the little guy pack. Maybe one of you have ladder to reach the high stuff, haha. They could have elected anybody and I would be happy as long as it was not your little pal. Think you will be allowed to sit in on the closed door meetings anymore??? I hope they stick you in the cheap seats with the rest of us.
    Stay focused and stop the spin and BS.

I did not ask you to stop posting, I advised you not read 4248’s posts if you find them obsessive, repetitive and boring. So stop the BS.

I have not spoken to 4248 in over a decade but I do know much about his past and know he is very well knowledgeable in Lancaster politics and his insight really pisses off the DEMS, Breezy and you. You accuse him and I of picking on the DEMS and how they have run the town and have especially been fiscally irresponsible. As I declared many times, outside of 4 of the last 54 years the DEMS have controlled the town board, planning board and zoning board. Who should I blame for bad governance times?

BTW – I am a ‘blank’ (unaffiliated registered voter). I have been all my life. Not a repubic-can as you declare. This is the first year I openly supported and voted for a straight Republican line in Lancaster.

But you wouldn’t know that as you seem to know little about anything; rarely presenting any facts; just being a ‘yes’ man suck-up to Breezy. Like Breezy, character assassination is your game. The DEMS are good at that game, not only locally but nationally.

Stay focused and stop the spin and BS.

I did not ask you to stop posting, I advised you not read 4248’s posts if you find them obsessive, repetitive and boring. So stop the BS.

I have not spoken to 4248 in over a decade but I do know much about his past and know he is very well knowledgeable in Lancaster politics and his insight really pisses off the DEMS, Breezy and you. You accuse him and I of picking on the DEMS and how they have run the town and have especially been fiscally irresponsible. As I declared many times, outside of 4 of the last 54 years the DEMS have controlled the town board, planning board and zoning board. Who should I blame for bad governance times?

BTW – I am a ‘blank’ (unaffiliated registered voter). I have been all my life. Not a repubic-can as you declare. This is the first year I openly supported and voted for a straight Republican line in Lancaster.

But you wouldn’t know that as you seem to know little about anything; rarely presenting any facts; just being a ‘yes’ man suck-up to Breezy. Like Breezy, character assassination is your game. The DEMS are good at that game, not only locally but nationally.
    Better pissed off than pissed on, I guess, and the actual pissed on part was 4248 and yourself pissing on the GOP Town slate in the election last month, inadvertently of course, mostly because your incessant sticking up for the "straight Republican line" pretty much turned off the coalition that restored Democratic rule in Lancaster. You and 4248 attacking the DEMS all spring, summer, and fall actually brought the DEMS together. Ha!

But, for the record, 4248 did NOT piss me off one bit. And I doubt very much that 4248 pissed off Beans and Franks, either.

And you, Lee, do just as much "character assassination" as anyone. You just may sound more high brow in your prose, yet, it's still character assassination, like with regard to the sewer smear on the DEMS.

No offense taken, of course.

Great post, and very focused, too, Beans and Franks!

Maybe when they help Dino pack his bags they can find those misplaced property tax bills Dino must have misplaced somewhere in the office.

LOL

Also, don't then post
    Looks pretty clear to me, Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Looks pretty clear to me, Lee.
    That is exactly what all delusional people say.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information