Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fudoli votes no to amend employee agreements with police chief and captains

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    What is this now - get as many Lan Dem supporters on here to repeat lies. If I did anything wrong - why was I never prosecuted - why did I win a rather sweat lawsuit settlement from the City ?
    Bringing up the past again, 4248?

Seems to me the "rather sweet lawsuit settlement" is another example of you gaming the system through another loophole to fill your own pocket with taxpayers' money.

If you were the leader you claim to be, trying to save taxpayers' money, then you could have effected change in the case you cite without expecting a big cash payment.

Wouldn't this "rather sweet lawsuit settlement" make you a quadruple-dipper?????

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I'm thinking, maybe you and I are talking about 2 different police contracts. I've been referring to the $800,000 arbitration settlement this year which was negotiated by the input of all board members including the supervisor. They had said their hands were tied which was referred to in Swiatek's letter. For the years 2012 and 2013 back pay

Are you speaking of a new contract for other years?
    I believe the Police are still with out a contract for 2014 and 2015. So they will probably be back at negotiation soon. And 4248 talks about a dog and pony show??? It was decided by a third party/arbitrator.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    I was talking with a old timer today - he brought up a good question.

Is the Town gonna have more "negotiations" over the new Police Contract ?

If the Lan Dems already worked out a contract deal - will they just present it for a vote to the Union guys - then put it up for a Town Board Vote ?

Or are they gonna have some kind of "Dog and Pony Show" negotiation period ?

We heard the Supervisor say their (Controlling Members) deal includes or will cost about $800,000.00 for what has been back doored - so can we assume the Town won't be askin for any concessions or any talk of health care contributions?

Also, if they present the contract before the end of the year - can they still blame the cost on the present Supervisor even though it was negotiated without him ?

Just askin - be gentle !
    What are you thinking about?? Dog and Pony show, back doored, be gentle?? Weird!!! Dino and the Police Union did not get along......a third party was brought in to arbitrate a contract. That person did his job independently of the Town and Police. I do not see a problem. Maybe if Dino was better at his job he would have got the Cops to pay for their health care. But he failed. And your old timer, yeah right, is pretty dumb to think that no negotiations would happen. Dino left a mess with three other unions still four years out with no contract. (highway, recreation and clerical?).

Beans you use such conjecture, currently the controlled Democratic board actually gave the unions less than what was proposed initially. I bet they are not happy. Dino or any Republican for that matter would have angered the unions, both have different ideology's, a recipe for controversy. Dino didn't leave a mess beans, the notion that there is no contracts - honestly this is a narrative state wide. This is a process, negotiate make it relevant-use pragmatic approaches with a fiscal restraint and the outcome might have/will be a better one.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans and Franks View Post
    Dino and the Police Union did not get along......a third party was brought in to arbitrate a contract. That person did his job independently of the Town and Police. I do not see a problem. Maybe if Dino was better at his job he would have got the Cops to pay for their health care. But he failed. And your old timer, yeah right, is pretty dumb to think that no negotiations would happen. Dino left a mess with three other unions still four years out with no contract. (highway, recreation and clerical?).
    Explain a little more on this.

"Does not get along" could be "He didn't want to give away the bank away"

Personally I think it's time we start to see true salary cuts without any grandfather at least to when it comes to health care cost. I don't want to hear how tough it is to make ends meet when we are paying our employees 6 figures including pension plans that can be padded. As a community we can not give small groups of people a monopoly on services in small geographical areas. That is what we have currently.

Here we go - they are blaming Supervisor Foduli for "Leaving this mess" already - they cant help use the old play book over and over again.

They had stalled every negotiations - refused to even discuss health care contributions - negotiate for back pay first ! Isnt it wonderfull to have everyone in your pocket - all the tax funded employees line up for their cookies after the "Vote Correct"

Now as they take complete control again - their rhetoric will be "See what he did to us" -

The Supervisor didn't get along with the Police - he has sound reasons for not enjoying their company. Their leaders for the most part are Party Players with guns and badges - they believe they are the "Law" - not Law Enforcement !

How dare Supervisor Foduli stand up to them and ask them to contribute to their health care - how dare he or anyone say they should drive them selves to work ?

Its completely understandable employees want to revolt -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information