Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lorigo: Syrian refugees are a 'risk' to Erie County

How can anyone determine who is and who isn't a "terrorist"? How many of these people have ID's, or any identifying credentials? I'm sure syria's government has impeccable records kept, and will verify people are whom they claim to be...

Not worth the risk, no matter how small. and definitely not worth the tax payer dollars to support them.

No room at this Inn.

I like that Lorigo said something. Too many people with a voice are afraid to speak their minds unless what they have to say meets some PC litmus test.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    No offense meant but I hope if they do let them in I hope they stay in the City of Buffalo or Lackawanna.
    right on G LA is a joke , and the city has all kinds of problems with crime and they don't need anymore problems. But then again mayor erkel will open the gates for them. Maybe he can give them a job at canal side..
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Many of the "Imagrants" were allowed to cross boarders with minimal documentation! The lists of those passing many check points were simply a list of names hand written on note pads. No computer verifications or computerized forwarding of the information collected.

The migration should be directed to other Countries that neighbor Syria - Not America.

One man interviewed stated, "Your President started this war, we will now go to America and collect what is due as free people" -

President Obama started this whole mess by financing and arming the ISIS and other terrorists. Obama wants Assad over thrown - so the world will now pay the price !

America First !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    No offense meant but I hope if they do let them in I hope they stay in the City of Buffalo or Lackawanna.
    Why, the subs too good for them?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    President Obama started this whole mess by financing and arming the ISIS and other terrorists.
    What on earth are you talking about?

b.b.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    right on G LA is a joke , and the city has all kinds of problems with crime and they don't need anymore problems. But then again mayor erkel will open the gates for them. Maybe he can give them a job at canal side..

Well on a positive note the elected officials who support this can say their hard work helped increase the population of NYS.

In the end we need to worry about ourselves and the children in our community. There is no reason to add more social services cost to the property owners in Erie County. When does it stop? 2000 refugees? 5000 refugees? 1,000,000? It would be different if we didn't have the welfare programs we have today. When our grand parents came to the USA they lived on what they could produce because we didn't have the welfare programs like today. Right? Tell me if I am wrong.

When Mark P or others say they have no choice there is nothing we can do you just tell them this. There is something we can do. We will just work on replacing elected officials who continually support adding more cost the the current residents of Erie County and NYS.

I personally don't care if Mark has to kiss someone's ass at a higher state level or federal level.

4248 said:
    Yesterday 06:35 PM
    Many of the "Imagrants" were allowed to cross boarders with minimal documentation! The lists of those passing many check points were simply a list of names hand written on note pads. No computer verifications or computerized forwarding of the information collected.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Source?
    Sources are everywhere... And, it gets complicated. http://america.aljazeera.com/article...t-turkish.html

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Well on a positive note the elected officials who support this can say their hard work helped increase the population of NYS.

In the end we need to worry about ourselves and the children in our community. There is no reason to add more social services cost to the property owners in Erie County. When does it stop? 2000 refugees? 5000 refugees? 1,000,000? It would be different if we didn't have the welfare programs we have today. When our grand parents came to the USA they lived on what they could produce because we didn't have the welfare programs like today. Right? Tell me if I am wrong.

When Mark P or others say they have no choice there is nothing we can do you just tell them this. There is something we can do. We will just work on replacing elected officials who continually support adding more cost the the current residents of Erie County and NYS.

I personally don't care if Mark has to kiss someone's ass at a higher state level or federal level.
    Buffalo can be SO MUCH MORE than just following the current democratic President. Let's be smart about this. Maybe Canada flirted for a NY minute on how many refugees it could absorb, but, Buffalo could and SHOULD stand as a border fortress. Canada is having second thoughts about their open gate ... http://www.immigrationwatchcanada.org

We share an international border with Canada. If Canada becomes lax and naive - we must be stronger. "O' Canada, we stand on guard for thee."

Let's be smart. We're 20 trillion in debt. Tighten up the borders - North and South! We can't take care of everyone. Everyone can't come here - it wouldn't work - I'm for protecting America's border in this very uncertain time, and help towards the global effort to help Syrians get their country back.
    Last edited by buffy; November 17th, 2015 at 11:41 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Immigration Watch Canada is an organization of Canadians who believe that immigration has to serve the interests of its own citizens. It cannot be turned into a social assistance / job-finding program for people from other countries. It should not be a method to suppress wages and provide employers with an unending supply of low-wage labour. It should never be a social engineering experiment that is conducted on Canada’s mainstream population in order to make it a minority.
    Valid point.

watching the news last night next thing was brought up start closing all them there mosques..
    Through 2014, a building boom for mosques has been going on in this country..

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Why, the subs too good for them?
    Frankie.. simple keep the trouble where the trouble is in the city and LA. they don't want them. look at Cheektowaga with the problems they have in the harlem dist just from the city.

Here is part of the problem in the city CC has said they will support the refugees coming here. Look at the Imagrants they have brought into the city over the years.. they bring them you support them.

Immigration and Refugee Resettlement

Catholic Charities welcomes immigrants into our community, providing the guidance and assistance necessary to stabilize their situations, achieve self-sufficiency as quickly as possible.

"Slamming the door in the face of refugees would betray our deepest values. That's not who we are. And it's not what we're going to do," President Barack Obama tweeted Wednesday.

Cool

Each state has to not only except them - they have to comply with the refugee act,
    I don't see where the President has the say where they are to be settled or who does !https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugee_Act

Just a FYI

Title IV of the Immigration and Nationality Act was amended here when the Act created the Office of Refugee Resettlement, which is responsible for funding and administering federal programs for domestic resettlement and assistance to refugees. The office must make available resources for employment training and placement for refugees to be economically self-sufficient, provide opportunities for English language training, ensure cash assistance, and guarantee gender equality in all training and instruction. The Office must also create grants for these projects, consult with state and local governments about sponsorship and distribution of refugees, and develop a system to monitor the use of government funds using evaluations, auditing and data collection. In order to receive assistance for programs, the States must first explain how they plan to accomplish the goals of these programs, meet the director's standards, and submit a report at the end of each fiscal year.[7]
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information