Thread: Cuomo administration propaganda “Buffalo is Booming”

Cuomo administration propaganda “Buffalo is Booming”

Said it all along nothing but BS from handy andy. said this too.Liberal economic policies have decimated upstate New York.

The release of recent economic data reveals that the widely decimated Cuomo administration propaganda that suggests that “Buffalo is Booming” has been a complete hoax, orchestrated by administration operatives with the complicity of the Buffalo News. Federal data reveals that the Buffalo Niagara region’s economy has grown at only 1.3% — a rate that is half the national average.
    That the data comes after the administration’s billion dollars in development spending over the last five years, (how about the billions of fed money put into the seasonal waterfront of taxpayer money.) discredits the entire program and raises questions about where and how the money has been spent. Observers estimate that $300 to $400 million could have been squandered in shady government contracts and lucrative public-private development deals.

The Cuomo Administration has refused to release a public accounting of the program, angering good government activists. Discrepancies over the value of state subsidies related to the Solar City manufacturing plant are cause for a pending federal probe by US Attorney Preet Bharara. Critics have long alleged that the state’s investment in private firms are delivered as favors for contributions and political support.
    Wall Street wealth skyrocketed as Buffalo collapsed. Mighty industries that once defined Buffalo — like steel, cars, chemicals, aerospace, appliances, and materials have all left. Steel and cars went to Canada. Aerospace went to the west coast. Appliance and parts manufacturing went to Mexico. but we do have hotels and harbor center with a tim hortons.

Perhaps New York City’s economy can sustain a high taxes and heavy regulations, but the six decades of economic depression that Buffalo Niagara has experienced proves that we cannot.

http://buffalochronicle.com/2015/10/...hern-new-york/
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Observers estimate that $300 to $400 million could have been squandered in shady government contracts and lucrative public-private development deals.
    Who are these "observers"? What did they use to calculate their estimates?

When reporters say "some people believe...." what they really mean is "I believe....".

Buffalo still lags behind the rest of the nation in economic growth. It's doing ok if you compare it to earlier times in Buffalo. The WNY area is stagnant with regard to population growth. Buffalo has always been a one horse town, manufacturing, then banking, then medical....Unfortunately it's not very diversified.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Buffalo still lags behind the rest of the nation in economic growth. It's doing ok if you compare it to earlier times in Buffalo. The WNY area is stagnant with regard to population growth. Buffalo has always been a one horse town, manufacturing, then banking, then medical....Unfortunately it's not very diversified.
    Gotta start somewhere. Improvement is improvement.

And "stagnant population growth" after years and years of massive declines is a pretty big deal. It's a huge improvement, actually.

And no, we're not a one horse town where medical replaced banking. Medical is here, and banking, and manufacturing, and IT, etc. Could we be more diversified? Of course. One step at a time.

Some people here seem to think, "Well, we're not Austin, so we must be failing".

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Do you count importing refugees into Buffalo as "population growth" when a majority of the imports are on some form of welfare assistance? I completely understand a few families that are brought to the USA will be productive but I'm referring to the the majority who are not.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Gotta start somewhere. Improvement is improvement.

And "stagnant population growth" after years and years of massive declines is a pretty big deal. It's a huge improvement, actually.

And no, we're not a one horse town where medical replaced banking. Medical is here, and banking, and manufacturing, and IT, etc. Could we be more diversified? Of course. One step at a time.

Some people here seem to think, "Well, we're not Austin, so we must be failing".
    Good points

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Do you count importing refugees into Buffalo as "population growth" when a majority of the imports are on some form of welfare assistance? I completely understand a few families that are brought to the USA will be productive but I'm referring to the the majority who are not.
    Importing poor people is the new industry, particularly in Niagara Falls. Hope VI housing, townhouses as good as anything you would find in Amherst or Lancaster. Advertising for poor people in NYC to fill our high rise apartments. It is not going unnoticed.

b.b.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I could be wrong but I heard something about changing some zoning in Cheektowaga for section 8 housing. Is that true? Areas have to be zoned properly for something like that?

I don't mind people coming to the states but I do mind covering the support cost. I am talking in the "we" voice when I say covering their support cost. I'm going to assume federal tax dollars are used while local tax dollars are used to pay the employees who dole out the federal money. Correct?

I'm pretty sure when our grand parents came to the USA we didn't have the number of costly welfare programs we have today. So when someone says "Well your grand parents came to the states" we are talking two different scenarios.

Thread Information