Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to Lancaster’s newly elected officials

Congratulations to Lancaster’s newly elected officials

Congratulations to newly elect:

Johanna Coleman – Town Supervisor

Diane Terranova – Town Clerk

Dawn Gaczewski – Town Council

Russell Sugg – Town Council

Condolences to all candidates for the insolence, presumption, scurrilous allegations cast your way. Winning to some means taking the low road and using whatever deceptive means to accomplish their goal. This turned out to be the dirtiest town campaign I have ever witnessed. It turned into something other than discussing the issues and good governance. It really got ugly.

Condolences to the good people of Lancaster who once again watched their town featured in the media as a bunch of buffoons.

Politics; not for the faint of heart in Lancaster. The tribe has spoken, time to move on.

In 2011, there were 12,403 who came out to vote for supervisor.
    Last night's tally only amounted to 9,187.

Would there be 3,216 absentee ballots out there?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    In 2011, there were 12,403 who came out to vote for supervisor.
    Last night's tally only amounted to 9,187.

Would there be 3,216 absentee ballots out there?
    I believe there are around 260 something absentee ballots still to be counted.... still a little early to call that 2nd council seat, IMO :-)

Matt Walter
    Candidate for Lancaster Town Council

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Congratulations to newly elect:

Johanna Coleman – Town Supervisor

Diane Terranova – Town Clerk

Dawn Gaczewski – Town Council

Russell Sugg – Town Council

Condolences to all candidates for the insolence, presumption, scurrilous allegations cast your way. Winning to some means taking the low road and using whatever deceptive means to accomplish their goal. This turned out to be the dirtiest town campaign I have ever witnessed. It turned into something other than discussing the issues and good governance. It really got ugly.

Condolences to the good people of Lancaster who once again watched their town featured in the media as a bunch of buffoons.

Politics; not for the faint of heart in Lancaster. The tribe has spoken, time to move on.
    Seems to me the DEMS just used traditional GOP tactics.

But the cannons are silent now.

There were so darn smoking HOT that they're still smoking today!!!

Good job DEMS!!! You did what you had to do to survive!!!!!!

LOL

Last edited by Breezy; November 4th, 2015 at 08:24 AM.

Yes, congratulations to all winners. That being said, I dread knowing our taxes will most likely go up. I hope I am wrong but the union employees will continue to enjoy 100 percent free health care on our dime etc. Sad day.

As a practical matter, 100% of the 29,635 registered voters elected the winners of this election. It breaks down like this:

Winner - 5,359 votes cast but plus the benefit of 20,448 people who could have, but did not, vote against her.

Loser - 3,828.

The reality is that the loser of the election is the only person who could have benefited from those 20,448 non-votes if they had voted would have been the person who lost the election.

They couldn't change the election by voting for the winner, they could only change the election by voting for the loser. Thus, their non-votes had but one effect - helping the winner be the winner. Because of that, their non-votes should be counted for the winner just as much as if they had gone to the polls and voted for the person who won.

We need to stop letting non-voters think that their non-votes are not counting. They do count for the winner just as much as if they had gone to the polls and voted for the winner of the election. If they don't like that, there is a very simple solution. But until they vote, their non-votes should be added to the winner's column so that they know what they have done by not voting.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    As a practical matter, 100% of the 29,635 registered voters elected the winners of this election. It breaks down like this:

Winner - 5,359 votes cast but plus the benefit of 20,448 people who could have, but did not, vote against her.

Loser - 3,828.

The reality is that the loser of the election is the only person who could have benefited from those 20,448 non-votes if they had voted would have been the person who lost the election.

They couldn't change the election by voting for the winner, they could only change the election by voting for the loser. Thus, their non-votes had but one effect - helping the winner be the winner. Because of that, their non-votes should be counted for the winner just as much as if they had gone to the polls and voted for the person who won.

We need to stop letting non-voters think that their non-votes are not counting. They do count for the winner just as much as if they had gone to the polls and voted for the winner of the election. If they don't like that, there is a very simple solution. But until they vote, their non-votes should be added to the winner's column so that they know what they have done by not voting.
    Disagree. This became so ugly and convoluted at the end that I believe the stay at home voters did not want any part of the decision making process.

Disagree. This became so ugly and convoluted at the end that I believe the stay at home voters did not want any part of the decision making process.
    Maybe Dino's own supporters had enough of him "at the end," and while they supported this "experiment" four years ago, this time around they felt he did not deserve their time and he had lost the luster he enjoyed. So they stayed home because they were simply disappointed in Dino's boorish public behavior.

Whether or not they wanted ot be part of the decision making process they were part of it. The non-voters could have elected Fudoli by voting. Or they could have elected a a writ-in candidate by voting. As it turned out, however, the ONLY thing they could do by not voting was to elect Coleman. The practical matter is that their non-voting was just as much a vote for Coleman as if they had gone to the polls and voted for her.

Imagine a family of 5. Dad wants to go on vacation to a mountain cabin. Mom wants to go on a vacation to the beach. they decide to leave the choice to the kids. Two of them say "I don't care." The third one ends up making the choice and as a practical matter it is as if the other two voted for the third child's choice.

Choosing not to vote does not insulate one from effectively voting. Perhaps when non-voters realize that they are in effect voting whether or not they go to the polls, then they'll make the minimal effort it takes to vote.

Congratulations to the folks that won last night's race. I always felt that winners should honor those who lost graciously and accept their victory with grace and positive narrative to a hard fought race. In the spirit of victory, I hope that Lancaster can learn from the elections fight both negative and positive as we head into a two year Democratically controlled board. I hope that they are able to silence the restless who were promised the golden ring if they put their vote to the party that won last night. Because if Johanna does not deliver what she promised to the police and the union workers, those voters will remember this in two years.

For myself, the team that did not win last night, you still are winners to the folks who voted for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Congratulations to the folks that won last night's race. I always felt that winners should honor those who lost graciously and accept their victory with grace and positive narrative to a hard fought race. In the spirit of victory, I hope that Lancaster can learn from the elections fight both negative and positive as we head into a two year Democratically controlled board. I hope that they are able to silence the restless who were promised the golden ring if they put their vote to the party that won last night. Because if Johanna does not deliver what she promised to the police and the union workers, those voters will remember this in two years.

For myself, the team that did not win last night, you still are winners to the folks who voted for all of you.
    I agree with the one's who lost being winners to some sort. It does take a lot of hard work from the candidates and their support teams. Good job.

Whether or not they wanted ot be part of the decision making process they were part of it. The non-voters could have elected Fudoli by voting. Or they could have elected a a writ-in candidate by voting. As it turned out, however, the ONLY thing they could do by not voting was to elect Coleman. The practical matter is that their non-voting was just as much a vote for Coleman as if they had gone to the polls and voted for her.

Imagine a family of 5. Dad wants to go on vacation to a mountain cabin. Mom wants to go on a vacation to the beach. they decide to leave the choice to the kids. Two of them say "I don't care." The third one ends up making the choice and as a practical matter it is as if the other two voted for the third child's choice.

Choosing not to vote does not insulate one from effectively voting. Perhaps when non-voters realize that they are in effect voting whether or not they go to the polls, then they'll make the minimal effort it takes to vote.
    Point well made, point taken.

Loser - 3,828.

Excellent point and one I had not heard before!

Matt

Good post Lee, but I thought they outlawed the redskins in Lancaster... so no tribe.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Could not agree more with you ng. I took my number 3 son last night to the polling place for his first ever vote, he just turned 18, I hope he never misses one going forward, I have not in 37 years.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information