Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bully is gone, your lunch money is safe

The Bully is gone, your lunch money is safe

To everyone who help Johanna Coleman get elected, great work. All I can offer was my vote and thanks.

To the anti-dino posters on here , we are few in numbers but did occupy the lonely hearts club here on speakup.

When dino leaves I hope the door clobbers him on the way out.

Can't wait to January 1st.

Pay your taxes already

Quote Originally Posted by Beans and Franks View Post
    Pay your taxes already
    Moron alert.... coward hiding behind a handle..
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Moron alert.... coward hiding behind a handle..
    Jesus wouldn't make a comment like that.

The identity of a poster is irrelevant, except to those who desire to attack the messenger because they dislike the message.

In fact, our country was founded on anonymous publication. The authors of the Federalist papers used the pseudonym "Publius" to hide their identity. Even today, there is dispute over who was the actual author of particular articles. I suppose some might think they were "morons" for doing so, but most "real Americans" focus on the content, not the identity of the author.

The "real morons" are the people who can't intelligently and rationally respond to a statement other than by attacking the person who made the statement. (Let's see who gets that.)

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    A little fact.

Did you know Ben Franklin used pen names.

Go read

During the eighteenth century, it was common for writers and journalists to use pseudonyms, or false names, when they created newspaper articles and letters to the editor. Franklin used this convention extensively throughout his life, sometimes to express an idea that might have been considered slanderous or even illegal by the authorities; other times to present two sides of an issue, much like the point-counterpoint style of journalism used today.

When Franklin used a pseudonym, he often created an entire persona for the "writer." Sometimes he wrote as a woman, other times as a man, but always with a specific point of view. While all of his writings were focused and logical, many were also humorous, filled with wit and irony. Silence Dogood, Harry Meanwell, Alice Addertongue, Richard Saunders, and Timothy Turnstone were a few of the many pseudonyms Franklin used throughout his career.
    http://www.pbs.org/benfranklin/l3_wit_name.html

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Jesus wouldn't make a comment like that.
    Yes he would... Mt 23:33 "Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?"

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The identity of a poster is irrelevant, except to those who desire to attack the messenger because they dislike the message.
    When it is slander it is relevant!

A little fact. Did you know Ben Franklin used pen names. Go read

http://www.pbs.org/benfranklin/l3_wit_name.html
    Different subject....
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Yes he would... Mt 23:33 "Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?"

When it is slander it is relevant!

Different subject....
    Frank / nogods:

Interesting topic.

I tend to agree with nogods that the name of a poster is irrelevant but do agree with Frank that it does become relevant in the case of slander (both to the targeted individual and the messenger [poster]).

I have been posting on this website since 2001. I have seen it morph into something that would have brought censure from the webmaster years ago. Some posters cannot debate or make a point without making a snarky retort or labeling the other person a dimwit (or worse) because he or she has taken an opposite position.

Some posters make unfounded personal allegations to discredit their target never once caring of the impact to the individual’s integrity, credibility or damage done to him or her and family members. When they can’t substantiate their claim they temper it with ‘it will all come out’.

Anonymous posting was put in place to allow for posters to have their say without fear of intimidation or to encourage the less bold to make a statement. That does not entitle them to use their anonymity to belittle and or slander other posters.

It is unfair for an anonymous poster to know who they debating and make all kinds of scurrilous charges while hiding in the weeds; cowardice to say the least. But it is what it is in today’s social media.

I feel anonymity is also a safeguard against retaliation . I once made a complaint to one of our fine towns depts and ended up with Facebook threats and a trashed lawn. Funny once on internet alwaye on internet I just checked and they are still there from many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Anonymous posting was put in place to allow for posters to have their say without fear of intimidation or to encourage the less bold to make a statement. That does not entitle them to use their anonymity to belittle and or slander other posters.

It is unfair for an anonymous poster to know who they debating and make all kinds of scurrilous charges while hiding in the weeds; cowardice to say the least. But it is what it is in today’s social media.
    Could not agree more.... I am all for people being anonymous, but when you make personal ATTACKS it ends! It is not right to do that anonymously. That is being a coward, and no one will EVER change my mind on that. I am all for people being anonymous and respectfully giving an opinion different than mine - fully appreciate that. But when the mud slugging, character assassination and personal attacks happen, have the gumption to use your real name and stand with such. There is no doubt such a person doing so hiding behind a fake name is a coward - a coward personified - and in the case of these past few weeks a political tool performing hatchet work... or in the words of Angus Young, Malcolm Young, and Bon Scott - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

In fact, our country was founded on anonymous publication. The authors of the Federalist papers used the pseudonym "Publius" to hide their identity. Even today, there is dispute over who was the actual author of particular articles. I suppose some might think they were "morons" for doing so, but most "real Americans" focus on the content, not the identity of the author.

The "real morons" are the people who can't intelligently and rationally respond to a statement other than by attacking the person who made the statement. (Let's see who gets that.)
    npgods, thanks for the support. It is very much appreciated. As for my name Franky B., to bad. Complain to the site manager to change the rules. It would be more embarrassing to me if people actually knew I was on this site responding and continuing moronic postings with the few lonely hearts club members.

"too" bad indeed!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Frank / nogods:

I have been posting on this website since 2001. I have seen it morph into something that would have brought censure from the webmaster years ago. Some posters cannot debate or make a point without making a snarky retort or labeling the other person a dimwit (or worse) because he or she has taken an opposite position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans and Franks View Post
    npgods, thanks for the support. It is very much appreciated. As for my name Franky B., to bad. Complain to the site manager to change the rules. It would be more embarrassing to me if people actually knew I was on this site responding and continuing moronic postings with the few lonely hearts club members.
    I became tired of being hall monitor. When I would ask some posters to tone down the snark comments they took it as a challenge to do it even more. People would say block them. They would just re-register with another email and continue from there.

Embarrassing? I think you'd be surprised who actually reads what is posted here.

Isnt it great how the ones who enjoy demenizeing others love their anonymity. They don't wont to held at all accountable for their actions.

But they don't hesitate and take joy in hanging others out whenever they can. The only time I address a "Non Politician or civilian" by name is when they use their own name. I try my best to not delve into their "personal life" or "Off duty" activities if at all possible !

Its not right to intrude in peoples personal lives because of the "Political Game" - their children for the most part should not be subject to the over flow. It does - especially in Lancaster, it reach's right into the school system. Students pick up allot from their parents and take it to school. They don't realize the damage being done. Then you throw in the fact when they hear their parents say, "Its a game - its not real" - it is real and it affects even how these kids are treated by school teachers and admin.

When everyone from bus drivers to Admin is told - "That guy caused you to not get a raise - they wanna take away your class" - you can believe there's a separation between Town Hall and the school - there's no separation when it comes to POLITCS ! The Red Skins issue highlighted that fact.

I do believe this was one of the worst - street level election cycle we've seen in 25 years. The level of desperation - the intensity of the greed - the open intense Police involvement showed that without any doubt !

Many residents stayed away rather than risking becoming a part of the slime circus. I for one am glad its done - the Dems can now go back to sliding all their Party People around into more tax funded lucrative appointments. Patronage will be as normal again, the special interest employees will get there bucket of candy and the beat goes on !

Nobody won anything - The "Game" was played ! Congratulations to those who played fair !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I became tired of being hall monitor. When I would ask some posters to tone down the snark comments they took it as a challenge to do it even more. People would say block them. They would just re-register with another email and continue from there.

Embarrassing? I think you'd be surprised who actually reads what is posted here.

You do fine Tony with modding content. My only beef is not consolidating similar threads. Easy to do to with the inline mod tools afforded mods and admins with vbulletin (I am an admin on a popular Fireworks Forum - Most users ever online was 2,268, July 4th, 2015 at 11:11 PM.).

Other than that small issue you do a good job sir! Keep it up.... the one all seeing eye! haha (Your avatar).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information