Thread: Hypocrisy

Hypocrisy

The Channel Two piece on Supervisor Fudoli illustrated in a clarion way the hypocrisy of the Democrat ticket and the liberally-biased media.

The issue of a non-responsive government regarding neighborhood deterioration led to my political activism this past spring. That raised my level of concern regarding local government issues in general. That led to the FOIL which has been so often referred to. The Democrat-controlled Village government, with the help of its willing accomplices in the media, have managed to twist legitimate concerns to reflect an unsupported "political conspiracy." If they would have referred to the above described sequence, perhaps, they could have objectively considered the issue(s) within the context that I raised them. Not surprisingly, they did not. So much for free and unbiased reporting by those who are driven by their political biases and are accountable only to their corporate employers.

This is not an affirmative defense of Supervisor Fudoli. His statement must necessarily speak for itself. I choose to accept his explanation.

But more concerning to me, is the HYPOCRISY that the report reveals.

Taken at face value, the Democrats are concerned about some unpaid taxes on properties. Fair enough. But, the media apparently is unconcerned about the voiced concerns about neighborhood deterioration, and indifferent to the role that some candidates for public office play in that deterioration.

To the best of knowledge, the Metz-Coleman family owns a property which constitutes a portion of the southern border of my property. On this property, is a garage with an upstairs apartment. This apartment, it is my understanding, has had tenant liability issues in the past. This structure, if memory serves me correctly, had a fire caused by some combustive explosion. I was in my yard and witnessed the explosion, when fire blasted out of the structure's rear window.

Since that time, although there has been repair work done to the structure, remains vacant. The grass is poorly maintained, and that seems to exacerbate a "wildlife" population which includes rats, skunks, racoons, woodchucks, and the like. In point of fact, about seven years ago, Town police were forced to shoot a rabid animal on my property.

That is not to say that the alleged Metz-Coleman property was the direct cause of the rabid animal. But it does reflect an indifference on the part of the Metz-Coleman family regarding neighborhood deterioration.

While the Fudoli tax issue is a matter between a citizen and his government, the neighborhood deterioration issue effects the financial status of my neighbors and myself. The government will eventually get their tax money, not that they do not get enough already. But what recourse do we have as our property values plummet, children and pets are endangered by rabid wildlife, and a formally pleasant neighborhood is turned into a "disruptive, dysfunctional ghetto of destabilized bedlam?" (Sound familiar?)

"A Woman's Touch?" I am puzzled. If I kept my property in such a way, my wife would INSIST, and that is putting it mildly, that I immediately attend to such a condition.

I really wish the media and the "Civility" candidates were as concerned with the plight of the residents as they are with the feeding of the government treasury.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 30th, 2015 at 12:33 AM.

Democrats = DETROIT - BALTIMORE - LA they can say all they want, the facts remain. Talk about unpaid bills.... they have no leg to stand on!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Mark, for them to even bring up the tax bills shows how desperate they are.... of course the storm troupers are out and about too... that really shows desperation.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Thread Information