Thread: Good reading 2 ... State-by-State Funding Chart

Good reading 2 ... State-by-State Funding Chart

This is another something interesting I found in a search.

AFSCME LEGISLATIVE ISSUE BRIEF
    Department of Legislation DATE: October 2, 2003
    States & Localities Would Receive Billions in Budget Relief under
    The "American Parity Act" (H.R. 1738)

click here to see the chart.
    The site is in PDF format (2 pages) lists all of the states for comparison.

wow.

some states are thrifty and are able to contain costs and spend responsibly. Some states can't. New York is one that can't. AFSCME has determined that they are sick of people fleeing states where they have a large and damaging presence. So they are trying to do and end-run around the federal-state system and tax people in neighboring states via a federal tax redistribution scheme to pay for their largess. What a bunch of crap. Expect this pathetic piece of legislation to die a quiet death. Nice touch using the war in Iraq as justification for this money grab. Perhaps we'll have a really bad earthquake or hurricane next year and they can use that as a good reason to sneak this pile of horsecrap through after they fail this year.

Just when I think these people have hit rock-bottom, they suprise me again. Pay your own bills. Don't hold up people in Idaho to pay for your stupid programs.
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

Twisting the facts to fit your agenda again.
    The point they are trying to make is that our taxes would be better served being spent in this country, not in Iraqiburton.
    Bottom line question: How is spending billions over seas reducing taxes and reviving our economy? How is it helping what ails America. Don't give me that crap about making the world safe for democracy.
    I need another one of your lessons in Curmudgeon economics 101.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Bottom line question: How is spending billions over seas reducing taxes and reviving our economy?

Well, that question is better asked on the SpeakupUSA website. This is the SpeakupWNY site. We don't use federal spending as an excuse to justify stupid WNY policies here.

Don't give me that crap about making the world safe for democracy.
    We'll see in about 2 years probably. Lets hope you're really wrong. We had all kinds of protesters in 1940 saying "stay out of europe". Hindsight is 20/20.

The point they are trying to make is that our taxes would be better served being spent in this country, not in Iraqiburton.

Points are items in little debates, like you and I talking. Redistribution is what the sponsor of this bill is trying to accomplish. He's trying to move money from low-local-tax states (like NH, Idaho) to high tax states(like NY) because the high tax states governments have sucked the residents dry. I'll tell you what - I'll send you a bill for $5,000 and call it a "point". Please send me a check ASAP.
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

posted by Curmudgeon-

"Nice touch using the war in Iraq as justification for this money grab. Perhaps we'll have a really bad earthquake or hurricane next year and they can use that as a good reason to sneak this pile of horsecrap through after they fail this year."

Or another 9/11? Oh dear forgive me, I had a little conspiracy theorist attack.
    Til next time space cadets!

Originally posted by Curmudgeon
    [I]

Redistribution is what the sponsor of this bill is trying to accomplish. He's trying to move money from low-local-tax states (like NH, Idaho) to high tax states(like NY) because the high tax states governments have sucked the residents dry. I'll tell you what - I'll send you a bill for $5,000 and call it a "point". Please send me a check ASAP.

Partly right,

what they are saying is: If this much money, no matter what the source, is being sent to Iraq by our goverment , why not keep it to help AMERICANS no matter what state they live in?
    They are not directly taking this money from each state and sending it to Iraq are they? I think it is coming out of our collective federal treasury.
    This hang up you have about that stae having to send more or less or whatever, wasn't that issue solved by the civil war? that when it comes to federal matters no state is more right or wrong then any other? Or should we fight it again and decide the issue once more?
    When ther is a Hurricane in one state should the federal goverment sends emergency aid at a percentage based on the amount of tax revenue that state generates?
    Other wise it would be"redistrubution".
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Thread Information