Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Didn't Mohan state he was going to work for 1 dollar?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Didn't Mohan state he was going to work for 1 dollar?

One thing I would like to know is: What happened to Mohan working for 1 dollar? He did say that didn't he?

Amherst residents could better answer that question, res, but it's my understanding he did work for $1 the first month, as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    Amherst residents could better answer that question, res, but it's my understanding he did work for $1 the first month, as promised.
    Perhaps he did...for a day or a month...but it would have been better still if it was for a year..that way more money could go back to the taxpayers via his cutting taxes.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    One thing I would like to know is: What happened to Mohan working for 1 dollar? He did say that didn't he?
    Res,
    Yes, he did say that and from what I am told he did, at least for the Month of Jan. BUT for Feb and March he was double dipping. He collected his State wages AND his Town Supervisor pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley
    Res,
    Yes, he did say that and from what I am told he did, at least for the Month of Jan. BUT for Feb and March he was double dipping. He collected his State wages AND his Town Supervisor pay.
    That deserves, at the least, a call to the Bee Heard.

he said that WAY before he went into debt running his campaign without party support; the News did a story on how he mortgaged his house and maxed out his credit

Talking

Buffalo is noted for it's racist views predominately from it's Catholic Denomination ... so disliking Satish for his bravado for moving to America to do better for himself, his push to become highly educated, his professional rise to Professorship, his personal quest for entrepreneurship, his ability to walk through landmines during his quest for his current seat shows how much better Satish is than MOST Western New Yorkers. He has endured the utmost of challenges and despite his success, the racism continues. So much for nice WHITE people in WNY. Most of you are just jealous - you better start learning to make your city better or more foreigners will take over and show you how it's done.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Racism?

Someone said they were going to do the job for a buck. I don't care what color they are. A buck is a buck.

Exactly how did you come up that this was racist?

[QUOTE=1964]Buffalo is noted for it's racist views predominately from it's Catholic Denomination ... so disliking Satish for his bravado for moving to America to do better for himself, his push to become highly educated, his professional rise to Professorship, his personal quest for entrepreneurship, his ability to walk through landmines during his quest for his current seat shows how much better Satish is than MOST Western New Yorkers. He has endured the utmost of challenges and despite his success, the racism continues. So much for nice WHITE people in WNY. Most of you are just jealous - you better start learning to make your city better or more foreigners will take over and show you how it's done.

You better knock that big chip off your shoulder, 1964, you certainly sound like a biggot to me. Sounds like if you ever leave the deep south, you may want to consider taking up residence in Sanborn!

[QUOTE=Gandalf]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1964
    Buffalo is noted for it's racist views predominately from it's Catholic Denomination ... so disliking Satish for his bravado for moving to America to do better for himself, his push to become highly educated, his professional rise to Professorship, his personal quest for entrepreneurship, his ability to walk through landmines during his quest for his current seat shows how much better Satish is than MOST Western New Yorkers. He has endured the utmost of challenges and despite his success, the racism continues. So much for nice WHITE people in WNY. Most of you are just jealous - you better start learning to make your city better or more foreigners will take over and show you how it's done.

You better knock that big chip off your shoulder, 1964, you certainly sound like a biggot to me. Sounds like if you ever leave the deep south, you may want to consider taking up residence in Sanborn!
    You got that right!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well we are right ain't we?

Don't say anything like that unless you are going to do it.

I will work for 1 buck. I still like Mohan from the outside but still I don't know exactly what it's like on the inside. But saying your gonna work for 1 buck and not is like Hillary Clinton saying I'll get you 10000's of jobs if elected

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Well we are right ain't we?

Don't say anything like that unless you are going to do it.

I will work for 1 buck. I still like Mohan from the outside but still I don't know exactly what it's like on the inside. But saying your gonna work for 1 buck and not is like Hillary Clinton saying I'll get you 10000's of jobs if elected
    Mohan has made a lot of such promises. I understand the Citizens Advisory committee he started has been meeting with department heads and asking pointed questions about how much Mohan has discussed with them about their budgets and what he wants cut etc. The tone seems to be toward the fact that he has NOT discussed the impact of cuts, etc. Just determined that they will be made. The chair of the committee is Satish's former friend, Darlene Torbensen. Smart lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley
    Res,
    And how exactly is it you know this?

Here is what I read in The News:

"Responding to the rumors, Mohan says he turned down more than $7,000 in pay for the first five weeks of his new job as Amherst supervisor because he was still teaching full time at the University at Buffalo. He has now taken leave from his UB post, but he said he did not feel it was reasonable to charge taxpayers for his town salary and his UB salary at the same time.

He also refuses to take any mileage when he uses his personal car, a sport utility vehicle, on town business, saying it is no sacrifice because he only drives about 10 miles a day.

On a recent trip to a New York City convention, Mohan said he also declined to charge the town for expenses.

Added together, it means Mohan has refused to accept nearly $10,000 in pay and perks in his first two months in office."

I know you hate it when I ask for proof, but when you are attempting to destroy someone's credibility, even if he or she deserves it, you should show evidence. His pay is a matter of public record and can be FOILed. So do it already.

And Res, I'm surprised you're so willing to believe what Amherst's usual suspects tell you. Why don't YOU ever ask for some kind of proof? Otherwise, you're just feeding the rumor mill.

I seem to remember Mohan saying he'd work for $1 -- but I've searched and can't find any written evidence of that so I can't tell you the circumstances. And without knowing the circumstances, it's pretty hard to have an intelligent discussion.

If anyone out there can find such evidence, it would be great to see.....

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And Res, I'm surprised you're so willing to believe what Amherst's usual suspects tell you. Why don't YOU ever ask for some kind of proof? Otherwise, you're just feeding the rumor mill.
    I'm not believing anyone. I'm just putting a question out there and seeing who jumps on it and how.

If I listened to most of the amherst employees who post here I would see streets crumbling and mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    And how exactly is it you know this?

Here is what I read in The News:

"Responding to the rumors, Mohan says he turned down more than $7,000 in pay for the first five weeks of his new job as Amherst supervisor because he was still teaching full time at the University at Buffalo. He has now taken leave from his UB post, but he said he did not feel it was reasonable to charge taxpayers for his town salary and his UB salary at the same time.

He also refuses to take any mileage when he uses his personal car, a sport utility vehicle, on town business, saying it is no sacrifice because he only drives about 10 miles a day.

On a recent trip to a New York City convention, Mohan said he also declined to charge the town for expenses.

Added together, it means Mohan has refused to accept nearly $10,000 in pay and perks in his first two months in office."

I know you hate it when I ask for proof, but when you are attempting to destroy someone's credibility, even if he or she deserves it, you should show evidence. His pay is a matter of public record and can be FOILed. So do it already.

I seem to remember Mohan saying he'd work for $1 -- but I've searched and can't find any written evidence of that so I can't tell you the circumstances. And without knowing the circumstances, it's pretty hard to have an intelligent discussion.

If anyone out there can find such evidence, it would be great to see.....
    Fanny,
    Don't worry about the proof! Documentation is comming soon!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information