Thread: Emerson Sensi WiFi Thermostat

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Emerson Sensi WiFi Thermostat

Emerson Sensi WiFi Thermostat I'll add more later. We had a home energy audit so we can decide the best path to take insulating the house. The guys that did the audit literally went from the basement to the roof pointing out areas that need to be insulated. In the mean time I decided to upgrade the thermostats.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Earn $85 with Smart Savings Rewards program

How It Works
    When you enroll, you can earn $85 for each Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat. Plus, you'll receive $5 in bill credits for every thermostat adjustment you fully participate in.

Cut Cost, Not Comfort
    Enrollment will allow us to make brief, limited adjustments to your Wi-Fi thermostat during times of peak summer electric demand (May 1 through September 30). An adjustment will never be more than 4 degrees above your current temperature. Your participation is risk-free. You can opt out of thermostat adjustment events at any time from your mobile device, web browser, or thermostat. To be eligible for the Smart Savings Rewards program, you must be a NYSEG electric customer and have central air conditioning.

Help New York
    Customers like you are enrolling in the Smart Savings Rewards program and working together to reduce energy demand.

Neat.

I just installed the EcoBee about a month ago. Its going to be awhile before I see it it has made any difference or not in my Gas bill.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I took notes on the installed of the thermostat and was planning to explain how it works. I just never got around to doing it on speakup. The thermostat turned into a new elite Lenox AC and new Lenox furnace. After those were installed I ended up replacing two window units with solarcool picture windows. One of the windows I'm going to replace again this spring with one solid piece instead of a three section type window. I like how the single large picture window looks completed to just replacing a single thermopane. Noticeable difference in insulation value.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    About 4:00 pm Thursday the office felt cool but by 4:30 it was cold. Grabbed my phone and noticed the Sensi Thermostat was red which indicated the furnace is heating but the room temp was lower than what it was set at.

Checked the thermostat on the wall making sure it showed what the phone app displayed which it did.

The thermostat at least on it's end was working but no heat.

Later that night we checked the furnace to see if something was obvious. If you set the thermostat above room temp you could see the electronic board turn on but nothing happened. There is a sequence that happens before the furnace fires up. The manual basically says if step 1 doesn't happen call a tech, if step 2 doesn't happen call a tech. If you set the Sensi Thermostat app to turn the fan on for air circulation the fan turned on.

The unit is under warranty so we weren't going to poke around too much and void the warranty. Equipment in the building didn't let the temp fall below 55 that night.

Emailed Zenner & Ritter afterwards. They called about 8:30 am Friday morning and were down by 12. Wasn't an emergency.

The tech saw the exhaust fan not spinning up. There is a small fly wheel that spun by hand but the electric motor wasn't spinning up.

Step one was to remove the blower and see what is up.

Check it out.

This little bird had a very bad day.

The bird had most of it's face ground off when it got near the fan.

The cover of the blower motor covered the blood so when we looked we didn't see it the night before.

If the blower motor was shot the replacement would have been $540.00. Once the body parts were removed it worked fine. $99 service call because "birds" are not a warranty issue.

That bird fell in the chimney and I had a 1 in 3 chance it found it's way to that furnace which it did. What a horrible way to go.

Apparently when some chimney work was completed the original metal mesh wasn't put back in place.

Thread Information