Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who needs the Lancaster Police? Surely not Joseph Brainard.

Who needs the Lancaster Police? Surely not Joseph Brainard.

More Bumbling Buffoonery by Joseph Brainard - Messing with Lancaster's Public Safety!

GOP Council candidate Joseph Brainard posted a message on Facebook stating that he wants to get rid of the Lancaster Town Police Department, and turn police services over to the Erie County Sheriff, to reduce costs and shift costs to the County.

Oh, great, our Town taxes will be reduced a bit, but our County taxes will then skyrocket!!!

Hmmmm, from a public policy standpoint, this is a terrible idea by the fiscally-challenged Mr. Brainard. And on oh so many levels, too.

Here's just one: Let's say we have Lancaster Police officers living right here in Town, and Mr. Brainard gets his way and fires them all, replacing them with Sheriff deputies. Great, Joe, then we'll be replacing people who live in the community and are invested here and are doing a fantastic job of maintaining public safety in their hometown, and replacing them with Sheriff's deputies from, say Grand Island or Buffalo, coming to work here and going home after their shift. Joe Brainard clearly is NO rocket scientist on this one!

Joe deleted the post after he was getting some much-deserved criticism on Facebook. That's interesting in itself. Who called Mr. Brainard and told him to get rid of the post? And, if Joe is such a strong leader, then why would he delete the policy post if he strongly believes he's doing the right thing? Sounds to me like Joe Brainard is, at the end of the day, just a wimp who would be a puppet if he gets elected.

Just saying.

But can Joseph Brainard be so dimwitted in the first place to post such a dumb idea?

I guess so.

This stupid idea is yet another reason to show this clown the door come election day.

Joseph Brainard: UNFIT FOR PUBLIC OFFICE!

And this bum should take the entire GOP Patronage Brigade down with him on Nov. 3rd.

Last edited by Breezy; October 9th, 2015 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    More Bumbling Buffoonery by Joseph Brainard - Messing with Lancaster's Public Safety!

GOP Council candidate Joseph Brainard posted a message on Facebook stating that he wants to get rid of the Lancaster Town Police Department, and turn police services over to the Erie County Sheriff, to reduce costs and shift costs to the County.

Oh, great, our Town taxes will be reduced a bit, but our County taxes will then skyrocket!!!

Hmmmm, from a public policy standpoint, this is a terrible idea by the fiscally-challenged Mr. Brainard. And on oh so many levels, too.

Here's just one: Let's say we have Lancaster Police officers living right here in Town, and Mr. Brainard gets his way and fires them all, replacing them with Sheriff deputies. Great, Joe, then we'll be replacing people who live in the community and are invested here and are doing a fantastic job of maintaining public safety in their hometown, and replacing them with Sheriff's deputies from, say Grand Island or Buffalo, coming to work here and going home after their shift. Joe Brainard clearly is NO rocket scientist on this one!

Joe deleted the post after he was getting some much-deserved criticism on Facebook. That's interesting in itself. Who called Mr. Brainard and told him to get rid of the post? And, if Joe is such a strong leader, then why would he delete the policy post if he strongly believes he's doing the right thing? Sounds to me like Joe Brainard is, at the end of the day, just a wimp who would be a puppet if he gets elected.

Just saying.

But can Joseph Brainard be so dimwitted in the first place to post such a dumb idea?

I guess so.

This stupid idea is yet another reason to show this clown the door come election day.

Joseph Brainard: UNFIT FOR PUBLIC OFFICE!

And this bum should take the entire GOP Patronage Brigade down with him on Nov. 3rd.

Oh Breezy another snafu on your part. Actually, you are incorrect. I read that post, and so did many, it had nothing to do with the police department. In fact Joe Brainard has the highest respect for our local police and feels that he favors the idea of increasing our local police status to eliminate the overtime.

The post you are talking about actually refers to the high school tax budget and how it is time that Lancaster starts looking at the 100 million dollar school budget. Taxes are relatively high in Lancaster, senior citizens and those who are on a fixed income are having troubles making ends meet.

You know I love how you twist things to benefit yourself or the Democrats. The police know that Joe Brainard is not looking to outsource our police department, but here is the kicker it is heard from the union people and by the police force that the Democrats have decided to force or bully all town employees and the Dems to vote their way or else. Those scare tactics were institutionalized by Ron Giza himself so that his father kept his post as the Town Supervisor. Bob Giza would hand out the town paychecks when it came close to election time and as he handed them out he told them vote for me or else.

So stop pissing in the wind Breezy

Breez, AKA Ron, they are over pai, over compensated, what's wrong with paying some of your health insurance? Are they better than others? How much vacation do they get? Sick days? This is not Detroit it's lancaster their job is not that dangerous. Other than their excessive speeds going down William st. The police need to stop being greedy and start helping cut costs.

So, why would he delete his post?

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    So, why would he delete his post?

b.b.
    Yeah, why would he delete a post regarding -
    Posted by shortstuff:
    The post you are talking about actually refers to the high school tax budget and how it is time that Lancaster starts looking at the 100 million dollar school budget. Taxes are relatively high in Lancaster, senior citizens and those who are on a fixed income are having troubles making ends meet.
    Breezy, you need to screenshot posts as soon as you see them.

After the colecraft fiasco and prior to all the recent money spent on the new police court's building on Pavement, I would have agreed with Brainard on the police department dissolutionment.

Georgia L Schlager

lets look at why

As usual Breezy hopes to spread false rumors - but lets look at why ?

The Lan Dems need all their historic "Tax Funded Voters" - they depend on Tax Funded Party Loyal Players - They continually use "Services" as a wedge to encourage those involved in those services to Vote Lan Dem !

This is what they do every election - ever notice what time of year contracts come up for negotiations ? Ever notice there are "Party Loyal Tax Funded Players in every Department"
    - After school programs, Senior Center, Parks Department, Highway, Library Liaison -

This is what they do - they tell them all,
    "Vote Lan Dem or lose your job,
    Vote Lan Dem or loose your raises,
    Vote Lan Dem or no more cookies and milk at the Senior Center these Republicans want to take it all away"
    - Bullsh--t !

Then they use the Nogods/Breezy argument, "Well they didn't say they wouldn't, or they say they want to hold the line on taxes and the only way to do it is cut services" Bullsh--t ! So, because a candidate didn't say something, according to the Lan Dems, that means they are for doing it - makes no sense at all - just political threats !

I would ask employees - do you want to keep letting Politicians control your futures, your carreers ? Keep playing the game and you live by the game - Stand Up for your self ! The Party Players aren't working - you are - your carring their lazy tax funded arses !

Can you smell the Lan Dem desperation
    ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I have a lot of appreciation for the police department . The Lancaster police do a great job keeping our community safe . But I ask all of you to respond to this question PLEASE! Do you appreciate it when town village, county , state , and federal workers pad their overtime so they retire with 70,000-140,000 a year pensions and full health benefits that we all pay for ? Do you get these same benefits in your job? Use your make believe names but be honest .

It's pure legal corruption

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Breezy
    shortstuff
    You know I love how you twist things to benefit yourself or the Democrats. The police know that Joe Brainard is not looking to outsource our police department, but here is the kicker it is heard from the union people and by the police force that the Democrats have decided to force or bully all town employees and the Dems to vote their way or else. Those scare tactics were institutionalized by Ron Giza himself so that his father kept his post as the Town Supervisor. Bob Giza would hand out the town paychecks when it came close to election time and as he handed them out he told them vote for me or else.
    Think out of the box.

What is wrong with using a different group of local residents to police Lancaster (or any town) versus the current group? You might even get some diversity in the mix. Why are the Lancaster Democrats including yourself against diversity Breezy?

In the end Breezy what it wrong with reviewing all options in the best interest of the property/business owners. It finally dawned on me that many local town employees don't care if the elderly, the disabled or struggling families can't make ends meet because of abnormally high property taxes. You don't like the taxes them MOVE!!!! We all heard that before. Look at how many people fled the town of Cheektowaga. Same song and dance year after year while the "Cheektowaga Democratic Party" takes care of themselves. I've been on the corner of Union and Walden for over 30 years. That is what I saw over that time frame.

Breezy? Why should a struggling home owner really care that a town employee isn't happy with their 6 figure salary while they try to make ends meet?

Breezy
    You know better than to say something like this. I'm pretty sure you would still have a significant savings. How are taxes in Clarence? They use county police services don't they?

Breezy

Why are you assuming the County Sheriffs wouldn't live in Lancaster?

Why are you assuming that County Sheriffs won't do a fantastic job? What are you comparing your current police service to? Far as you know the county Sheriffs may provide even better service.

Just thinking out of the box and laying a few facts down.

Fact one. Just curious.

I think after a set amount of time there are no residency rules for town employees. Correct?

Currently do all Lancaster police live in the Town of Lancaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    I have a lot of appreciation for the police department . The Lancaster police do a great job keeping our community safe . But I ask all of you to respond to this question PLEASE! Do you appreciate it when town village, county , state , and federal workers pad their overtime so they retire with 70,000-140,000 a year pensions and full health benefits that we all pay for ? Do you get these same benefits in your job? Use your make believe names but be honest .
    My beef is they should have got rid of the department before spending on a police facility. They had the opportunity when the Colecraft building was no longer viable but everyone including Republicans didn't even broach the subject.

Georgia L Schlager

You have to look at benefits so you have overtime wages vs officer wages benefits and pension many times to is cheaper than a new hire. I worked a job with lots of overtime sure the money was great but I missed out on a lot of personal events and memories for a few bucks would have much rather had met help and less hour.

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...l=1#post808924

From 2011 - a Republican
    Dino said, "I am personally not in favor of eliminating the police department. Although I rarely walk away from the opportunity to streamline government and save taxpayers money, eliminating the police department could put our community at risk by jeopardizing public safety. I would also worry about losing the police programs in our schools that are currently providing resource officers to help curb behavioral issues and prevent the next generation from falling susceptible to drug and alcohol use."

Georgia L Schlager

Gorja, see we do have some common ground . Is it the town of Lancaster duty to pay for the resource officers or does the school district pay for it ?

Gorja, see we do have some common ground . Is it the town of Lancaster duty to pay for the resource officers or does the school district pay for it ?
    What difference does it make same $$ maybe a different bill. The resource officers are on police payroll. They are sworn police officers so I would assume Lancaster town tax foots that bill

From an article in 2011, it states that the officer's salary and benefits at the high school are shared between the town and the school. the middle school officer was paid by the town.

it may have changed since then.
    http://www.lancasterbee.com/news/201...e_officer.html

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information