Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lancaster to revisit and update Master Plan

I had a conversation back in the 90's with on of the board members who happens to be on the planning board I asked why my total tax bill in the village on a house I paid 90k for was higher than a new build being sold for twice that in the town. I was told tax breaks were given to developers to encourage building and sales and that after two to three years thier taxes would be more in line. I then asked why my taxes went up and the answer I got was with all the new building the the services of the new developments weren't meeting the revenues so the money had to come from somewhere. So you tax increase was more of an equalization than any thing else and you are finally paying for what you get

You would think with all the recreation fees for new builds and all those new builds south of William that there would have been some agreement between the town and the developers for some kind of park in a short walking distance for the kids in that area.

Georgia L Schlager

One would think I would love to come home to an empty house. Actually I know where my kid is this way and always nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow in lanc View Post
    I had a conversation back in the 90's with on of the board members who happens to be on the planning board I asked why my total tax bill in the village on a house I paid 90k for was higher than a new build being sold for twice that in the town. I was told tax breaks were given to developers to encourage building and sales and that after two to three years thier taxes would be more in line. I then asked why my taxes went up and the answer I got was with all the new building the the services of the new developments weren't meeting the revenues so the money had to come from somewhere. So you tax increase was more of an equalization than any thing else and you are finally paying for what you get
    Political Speak

The art of changing two way discourse into one-way communication; sticking to the party message no matter what the other is saying. The abbreviation for political speak is BS.

When was the last time you saw a politician give a straight answer to a question being asked of them? Political speak is when a politician is interviewed and asked a question and the politician answers with a response that has nothing to do with the question, but rather propounds the party message on their topic of the day. Thus transforming what was a two way discourse into a one way diatribe with very little if any meaningful content.
    -------------------------

Doublespeak is language that deliberately disguises, distorts, or reverses the meaning of words. Doublespeak may take the form of euphemisms, in which case it is primarily meant to make the truth sound more palatable.

It may also refer to intentional ambiguity in language or to actual inversions of meaning. In such cases, doublespeak disguises the nature of the truth. Doublespeak is most closely associated with political language.
    ---------------------

Lan Dem Forked Tounge

99 % Bullsh--t !
    Last edited by 4248; October 9th, 2015 at 07:22 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Development is a lucrative business. Each development provides a benefit to the town and the developer. In Clarence, I believe because of the moratorium put on development, the area became a hot commodity. People want what they cannot have. However, when these developers completed a development, it is expected that they donate land as green space. I think that communities that are developing faster than the average town, this type of practice should be put in place. Lancaster is not keeping pace as it develops with the infrastructure. We need to understand the relationship between the Master Plan and the character of the township. If the development does not fit with the character of the neighborhood, such as the airport was given free rein to develop beyond its' conforming use thereby going beyond the 25% violating zoning laws etc. Now we have development being approved by the Planning/Town board around this airport, the two does not fit together. The town has to decide how these developments fit and how will the infrastructure support this influx down the road. I call that projections or a plan of action to mitigate the future concerns. Control the development, create a budget fund that has money going in to support the infrastructure. We have a fund for the parks that does fancy things like putting a nice pathway up to the Ruffino Clocks. That came out of the parks fund that was provided by the new homes that are built in the town at a tune of $1500.00. Let us create a fund just for the infrastructure and take half of that money and split it. They used $550,000 of that park fund to complete the turf. REALLY???? Hence my point.

The parks are really nice in this town. I do have a problem with the Baseball facility at Westwood. The towns baseball league runs and unless your kid is a travel player odds of using it are nil House team players are given last priority in use. Yet when we signed up our kids for the house league we were forced to buy raffle tickets to help build the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    but the Village is dead - there's no areas to walk from one subdivision to another -
    Oh, Great, Dino Fudoli's biggest endorser on here is disrespecting the Village.

Is that a part of the GOP Town campaign, 4248?

Disgraceful to say the least.

Not smart politics, either.

The Village is alive and well, sir.

Shame on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Oh, Great, Dino Fudoli's biggest endorser on here is disrespecting the Village.
    Is that a part of the GOP Town campaign, 4248?
    Disgraceful to say the least.
    Not smart politics, either.
    The Village is alive and well, sir.
    Shame on you!
    As I previously stated: PS - I didn't mean residents in the Village aren't upgrading or up keeping their homes.

I meant the Government hasn't redeveloped the inner Village as promised.

They knocked down the BOCCE building to burry the mismanagement and neglect that resulted in it being condemned ! Also many of the buildings on Central Ave that did receive tax funded help were owned by Village and Town Officials.

Your people should be ashamed - the only time the Village received the benefits from this massive Town development was when it could be aimed at those in Town Government and their friends who own Village property. That's what I meant and I stated that. Supervisor Giza, his Town Attorney and Friends made sure their property were given grants and aid to improve their properties. Small business owners were abandoned and cut out of any meaningful help - although they asked for it. Your people should be ashamed -

Look at 27 Central Ave - the only building on the street where the tax funded brick sidewalk extends down both sides of the building toward the parking lot -

Lastly: As I have said too many times - my opinions are mine - I don't speak for or support or endorse any Party or candidate. I vote my choices. I vote across Party Lines when deserved. Your continual attempts to connect me to any party is ridiculous - your the Tax Funded Party Lan Dem Spokesperson !

So prove me wrong and admit to everyone who you are !

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Development is a lucrative business. Each development provides a benefit to the town and the developer. In Clarence, I believe because of the moratorium put on development, the area became a hot commodity. People want what they cannot have. However, when these developers completed a development, it is expected that they donate land as green space. I think that communities that are developing faster than the average town, this type of practice should be put in place. Lancaster is not keeping pace as it develops with the infrastructure. We need to understand the relationship between the Master Plan and the character of the township. If the development does not fit with the character of the neighborhood, such as the airport was given free rein to develop beyond its' conforming use thereby going beyond the 25% violating zoning laws etc. Now we have development being approved by the Planning/Town board around this airport, the two does not fit together. The town has to decide how these developments fit and how will the infrastructure support this influx down the road. I call that projections or a plan of action to mitigate the future concerns. Control the development, create a budget fund that has money going in to support the infrastructure. We have a fund for the parks that does fancy things like putting a nice pathway up to the Ruffino Clocks. That came out of the parks fund that was provided by the new homes that are built in the town at a tune of $1500.00. Let us create a fund just for the infrastructure and take half of that money and split it. They used $550,000 of that park fund to complete the turf. REALLY???? Hence my point.
    Great post, shortstuff and the infrastructure fund is a great idea. With all those homes in the Windsor ridge area, where is the nearest park (open space)? But like you said they have $550,000 for turf

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Great post, shortstuff and the infrastructure fund is a great idea. With all those homes in the Windsor ridge area, where is the nearest park (open space)? But like you said they have $550,000 for turf

Thanks gorja, why must we beat our heads against the wall when the handwriting is on the wall-we need to modify how we plan our subdivisions. I ran into a builder not too long ago and he said Lancaster is the place to develop because they have no restrictions. They can't keep up with homes because the market is making those demands. What I want to know is who are these people coming into Lancaster? And where are they coming from?

I ran into a builder not too long ago and he said Lancaster is the place to develop because they have no restrictions.

Again - we see another clue as to why Lancaster has been such a "Free for all Build Zone"

When you have a building Inspector opening up a Real-estate Office/Buiness - that sort of hints at the problem !

When you have Town Hall Officials babbling in Real-estate - (Past Lancaster) Police Chief who was a real-estate broker.

Other Town Appointed Officials who are builders and their associates.

The Lan Dem Build out agenda has trumped all rules, codes and even environmental laws.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    I'm building my house in elma and i'm currently a Lancaster resident. There is a ton of development in Elma, but none of is in subdivisions. Lots are many acres in size. Elma only spends what they have. They have zero debt and no town tax. I believe that they budget for 3 miles of roads to be repaved each year and patching done beyond that where needed.
    You're building your own house, correct?

My son is having is 3rd house built. The 1st was by Donato. Did a great job. The 2nd was by Essex. Did a great job. This 3rd house apparently is being built by a dufus RANDACCIO. The foundation that was poured doesn't fully cover the first floor plan. How stupid can they be? Of course, the building inspector only inspects that the work meet the specs of the town building code.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    You're building your own house, correct?

My son is having is 3rd house built. The 1st was by Donato. Did a great job. The 2nd was by Essex. Did a great job. This 3rd house apparently is being built by a dufus RANDACCIO. The foundation that was poured doesn't fully cover the first floor plan. How stupid can they be? Of course, the building inspector only inspects that the work meet the specs of the town building code.
    I'm contracting out the foundation and framing, but the rest is all me. I'm not keen on the severe upcharge that builders add. But i'm also a glutton for punishment

If the foundation doesn't match the plans, it's a severe issue. Your son can contact the building inspector to let them know that what's currently being built does not match the plans. New plans would have to be drawn up, approved by an engineer and then accepted by the town. Now I believe that randaccio uses subs for almost everything so either a wrong drawing was relayed or the sub just screwed up completely.

I was just walking by a couple of the new builds by randaccio in Windsor Ridge South. I wasn't a fan of the foundation and basement beam layout on one of them. Looked under-engineered to me.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    I'm contracting out the foundation and framing, but the rest is all me. I'm not keen on the severe upcharge that builders add. But i'm also a glutton for punishment

If the foundation doesn't match the plans, it's a severe issue. Your son can contact the building inspector to let them know that what's currently being built does not match the plans. New plans would have to be drawn up, approved by an engineer and then accepted by the town. Now I believe that randaccio uses subs for almost everything so either a wrong drawing was relayed or the sub just screwed up completely.

I was just walking by a couple of the new builds by randaccio in Windsor Ridge South. I wasn't a fan of the foundation and basement beam layout on one of them. Looked under-engineered to me.
    The building inspector stated since it was only 2 feet, it wasn't an issue for him. The builder knocked off some money but to me it's the principal of the whole thing. I was worried about the boys' bedroom being cold. They said they didn't want to pour more concrete under that section because it might not settle the same as the rest of the foundation after winter. They're going to insulate it good and put a soffit under it. They're going to start drywalling soon. This is on Worthington in Windsor Ridge South

Georgia L Schlager

OMG....two feet??? I'd be furious if it was 2". The settling issue is a bunch of BS. When placed on undisturbed soil under the frostline there is no movement or settling. I'd personally charge $100/sqft of lost basement area or head right to court.

second last house on the left?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information