Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One Seneca Tower goes up for auction at 3 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I want to see the city grow and wish the owner who made the investment does well with it. Those smaller commercial spaces that we see in the burbs pulled many businesses out of the city. Many were built with tax breaks. I never cared for that type of stuff.
    Nor do I. But continuing and compounding prior mistakes by adding to them doesn’t fix the underlying problem of a dying economy due to the taxing policies of Il Douche, Poloncarz, Brown, Kulpa and a host of others.

I went back and re-read this thread in light of the current situation. Has a single M&T job been moved into the tower in the year and a half since the big announcement. Near as I can tell the only real change is that the building has been painted red. Well, I suppose it put some painters to work for a week or two.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Valid point.

I like to read old news papers when elected officials brag about their ideas.... fast forward 20+ years you see how stupid they were.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I went back and re-read this thread in light of the current situation. Has a single M&T job been moved into the tower in the year and a half since the big announcement. Near as I can tell the only real change is that the building has been painted red. Well, I suppose it put some painters to work for a week or two.
    M&T would have moved a large number of people if it wasn't for covid. They had people in Seneca One on a limited basis.
    It's a big PR stunt though. The people they're moving down there are coming from other locations, including Appletree Mall so then those offices spaces will be empty
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

The question is will they ever turn the project into what was announced. If many will continue to work from home as Covid fades away there will be no need for much of the space. And what does that do to the underlying idea, that having a bunch of businesses there will lead to “creative collisions” or however it was phrased.

they'll be forcing people back into the office as soon as covid ends. the new head of technology has too much pr and money invested not to
    they tried to get people to volunteer to go back to the office and go to seneca one a few months ago when cases were going down and things started opening back up
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information