Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Seneca Tower goes up for auction at 3 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Leftie, the new tiers will help in the long run assuming that the state legislature doesn’t buy off the unions by sweetening the existing tiers. They did that in 2000, sweetening Tier 4 by eliminating employee contributions after 10 years membership and then, of course, they had to do something equally nice for Tier 2 so they gave them 2 years service credit for time they didn’t work. There’s nothing to prevent them from doing something similar for Tiers 5&6 in 2020. They can enhance the Tiers anytime they want to but they can’t reduce them once adopted.
    Good point. Man it's depressing.

Leftie, what do you make of the movers and shakers wanting to give One Empty Tower to Amazon as part of the HQ2 proposal. Nice of them to offer to give away other people’s property.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Leftie, what do you make of the movers and shakers wanting to give One Empty Tower to Amazon as part of the HQ2 proposal. Nice of them to offer to give away other people’s property.
    Never stopped them before.

I still can't believe Cuomo and supporting crew gave solar city 100's of millions of our money.

Sadly, I think the developer agreed to be in on the project because it would have been the best payout for them. Still no progress on the site....

I used to be really positive about the opportunities for Buffalo and WNY but lately I have just been finding too many people who think things are already fixed.

Leftie, not being cute but what do you mean by “things are already fixed”. Fixed, as in the bid rigging involved in the allegations against members of Cuomo’s inner circle? Or “fixed” as in everything is ok & headed in the right direction? Actually either way it doesn’t much matter. The tax picture speaks for itself and it makes meaningful long term change here impossible. Sadly, Il Douche was handed the opportunity for change on a silver platter by Trump. Instead of seizing the opportunity to announce a sea change in NY tax and spend policy based on changes in federal tax law, he announced idiotic plans for bogus “charities” and other such bull crap to continue to collect exorbitant, job and wealth destroying taxes. An historic opportunity lost.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I think they need to spread the BS that "things are already fixed" because they need to stay in control.

IE: Local town boards who don't have a handle on labor costs same goes for school districts. Same goes for development agencies who depend on government funding to "grow" our area.

You are going to keep bragging "what we do works!!!" Frankly that is matter of opinion. I listen to various "State of the town" addresses in Erie County and wonder what they are smoking.

Leftie, not being cute but what do you mean by “things are already fixed”. Fixed, as in the bid rigging involved in the allegations against members of Cuomo’s inner circle? Or “fixed” as in everything is ok & headed in the right direction? Actually either way it doesn’t much matter. The tax picture speaks for itself and it makes meaningful long term change here impossible. Sadly, Il Douche was handed the opportunity for change on a silver platter by Trump. Instead of seizing the opportunity to announce a sea change in NY tax and spend policy based on changes in federal tax law, he announced idiotic plans for bogus “charities” and other such bull crap to continue to collect exorbitant, job and wealth destroying taxes. An historic opportunity lost.

There are people who think a company taking a prize and moving here is the same as a company moving to the area. There are people who think a refugee being resettled is the same as someone moving to the area from North Carolina. There are people who think Buffalo has already rebounded and it's just on a path of slow progress.

True enough. I think it’s important to note that the current flood of immigrants is materially different from the previous inflow of Poles, Irish, Italians etc who came here willing to work hard to improve their lives and the lives of their families. This current group comes here fully intent on going on welfare for the rest of their lives.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is cool.

Changing shape: M&T Bank's real estate footprint in Western New York

M&T Bank – already a major occupier of real estate in the Buffalo market – will take new space at Seneca One Tower as part of a plan to consolidate some of its technology workers into a single location.

https://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/...sKf0jp8ak_qG9k

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    M&T officially announces move to Seneca One Tower

M&T Bank will move into floors 7 to 22 of the 38-story building, creating a new "technology hub" that will add at least 1,000 new jobs over the next five years.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/money/b...4-cad4a6a9c143

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is awesome if this all works out for the owner.

"We're going to fill the building:" Several companies in talks with Seneca One for office space

BUFFALO (WKBW) — In the weeks since M&T Bank announced it was moving 1,000 employees into the redeveloped Seneca One, tenant interest in the building has exploded. Douglas Development confirms with 7 Eyewitness News that "several companies" have been in contract talks on also making the tallest building in Buffalo their future home. "We're going to fill the building.", said Paul Millstein from Douglas Development.
    https://www.wkbw.com/news/wny-develo...P5BxrRupCbPRu0

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    M&T officially announces move to Seneca One Tower

https://www.wgrz.com/article/money/b...4-cad4a6a9c143
    So we can add this 1000 jobs to the thousands to be created at Riverbend. Believe it when you see it folks. Believe it when you see it and not until. So far this is little more than a consolidation and is simply a reshuffling of real estate usage that benefits M&T by the consolidation. Don’t get me wrong...if it works for M&T fine but it’s simply going to move some empty commercial space from one big building to a bunch of smaller ones.

So we can add this 1000 jobs to the thousands to be created at Riverbend. Believe it when you see it folks. Believe it when you see it and not until. So far this is little more than a consolidation and is simply a reshuffling of real estate usage that benefits M&T by the consolidation. Don’t get me wrong...if it works for M&T fine but it’s simply going to move some empty commercial space from one big building to a bunch of smaller ones.

I think these jobs are much more 'real' than the others. M&T is M&T....

You're 100% right about the reshuffle. That's a big tower to fill and not much 'new' coming into the region. Hopefully, at some point, this allows the lower end space to be updated or converted. Won't be for a while....

yup. most of the M&T jobs are going to be consolidations from 3 or 4 buildings in Amherst and Cheektowaga, not net new jobs.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I want to see the city grow and wish the owner who made the investment does well with it. Those smaller commercial spaces that we see in the burbs pulled many businesses out of the city. Many were built with tax breaks. I never cared for that type of stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information