Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In defense of a maligned Joe Brainard

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It was Barden that was convicted as a tax fraud. If Brainard was guilty of anything, he would have been convicted as well but Breezy, it was Barden not Brainard.

If you have documents regarding the sexual harassment, post them up. If not, it's pure conjecture
    The relationship alone and the financial culture at Double Down under both Mr. Barden and Mr. Brainard point to character issues for both, regardless of Mr. Barden's federal tax fraud conviction.

I would think that Lancaster Town property taxpayers would concur.

In other words, people don't need a criminal conviction by Joseph Brainard to question his integrity and fitness for public office. The mountain of fiscal difficulties is enough. His relationship with Mr. Barden is just one more layer of unsuitability, in my view. Especially troubling to me is Mr. Barden's role and credibility in the harassment charge.

Just saying.

As far as the documents, there is plenty of time for that!

I would be concerned about why the pantry funds never made it to the pantry, we are talking about the necessity, for 9 months!

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I would be concerned about why the pantry funds never made it to the pantry, we are talking about the necessity, for 9 months!
    So says the GOP Town Committee in the face of an avalanche of much more serious fiscal problems by Mr. Brainard!

You are like the devil himself chastising someone for missing Sunday mass.

LOL

Yes, it sures sounds fishy. If the funds were available in a timely fashion in other years, what happened? No where have I read Dawn G's reasons (excuses) for not being timely. So apparently, she has none. She EFFED up

Georgia L Schlager

How much more can you afford ?

If Mr.Brainard was a Loyal Dem - he would just be appointed to the Town Board in a mid-term bail out like all the rest have been. Like Mr.Aquino was - regardless of his past/present dealings like Mr.Aquino.

The sad thing is this again shows just how desperate the Lan Dems are
    - while they keep Town Clerk Johana Coleman (Lan Dem book keeper) hidden away
    - they ruthlessly attack others to draw attention away from honest fiscal issues/environmental and infra structure issues.

The thing is people eat this up - tax subsidized voters follow the status quo Politicians that feed them.

The Lan Dems claimed a "New Direction" - when in reality their using two "New Candidates" to run the streets campaigning - while their two tried and true Town Hall status quo Reps hang back with older loyal to raise money to fund smut mailers.

As has been said far too many times
    - if you don't like what you've seen or read
    - hold on it will get worse.
    Last edited by 4248; September 25th, 2015 at 10:37 AM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Very weak response, Lee Chowaniec. And it’s revealing that none of the more serious issues were asked in your two-hour interview with Mr. Brainard. That speaks volumes.

And it’s your thread, Mr. Chowaniec, “In defense of a maligned Joe Brainard,” for crying out loud.

So now you don’t want to defend Mr. Brainard, that is, once the heat is turned up a bit.

No surprise there.

Mr. Barden pled guilty in federal court to scamming the IRS as President of Double Down Transport, Inc. Mr. Brainard worked directly under Mr. Barden as Vice President of Operations. Apparently, Mr. Brainard took the helm at Double Down upon the tax fraud conviction of Mr. Barden. Revealing, too, is the fact that Mr. Brainard has his own financial entanglements with the IRS, NYS Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation and others, which Mr. Chowaniec states are all resolved, yet, when taken together clearly demonstrate that Mr. Brainard plays fast and loose with finances.

Mr. Barden’s crimes involved “payments for per diem work, fuel advances and reimbursements for tolls, permits, repairs and maintenance.” Interestingly, these would conceivably fall under the role of Vice President of Operations at Double Down, which are all-too-close for comfort to me.

It would seem that the business environment at Double Down under both Mr. Barden and Mr. Brainard is anything but appropriate – it’s as if these fellows play fast and loose with financial rules.

As far as the harassment allegation, it’s also troubling that the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission issued a directive to Double Down‘s John Barden, concerning a continuation of harassment after the original charge was issued, and the directive states that Mr. Brainard “has clearly threatened” to the alleged victim, prodding her to drop the original charge.

In documents, Double Down’s own “investigation” into the matter admitted that “several hundred phone calls and text messages” between Mr. Brainard and the alleged victim did occur, apparently even after the woman was terminated by Double Down. A document issued by Double Down has Mr. Brainard excoriating the alleged victim in his own words, and clearly counters his self description to the Buffalo News of him being a sort of “clean cut” fellow.

When you add it all up, it points to character issues that should exclude Joseph Brainard for consideration for any elective public office.

Mr. Chowaniec is defending the indefensible.
    Again, it is not my responsibility to defend Mr. Brainard regarding his personal financial affairs.

Let’s cut to the chase. I have openly declared that I will be voting a straight ticket for the Republicans in the upcoming Lancaster election – a first for me; reason being that I am sick and tired of the status quo governance of the Democratic controlled town board.

I believe Fudoli has done a good job in attempting to change the governance direction and is deserving of another term; despite opposition from the DEMS and where they made it clear to Fudoli that they had the votes and could do whatever they wanted. That was made crystal clear by the DEMS appointments to other boards and positions and in budget tinkering.

To be more effective he needs to have control of the town board and that will only happen with the elections of Brainard and Sugg. They are campaigning on the pledge to support Fudoli in his pursuit. That is reason enough for me to support their elections.

Your pursuit is to personally damage Brainard’s, and now Sugg’s reputation and chances to be elected are disingenuous, hollow at best and provide no facts as to their leadership skills and ability to govern.

And, other posters are right to question whether your posts are to distract from the other DEM candidates and their qualifications for office. The big winner in all this is that Mr. Walter’s can silently sit back and watch the other candidates torn apart.

Actually, wasn’t this the game plan of the DEMS from the beginning, when they endorsed Walter and their charge that “we will give you one, but not two” which would allow the status quo to continue. Walter was the favored candidate at that time for election; and I believe still is. His promise to act independently from DEM Party influence is a sham. When ensconced within the DEM Party there is no such thing as not following party line ideology. Else, out the door, no reappointment.

Call Brainard. He says he is waiting for such call from the likes of someone like you. Get his side of the story. You are not naďve like me. You will pursue every avenue, turnover every rock, and reveal the truth. You cannot be duped. Holy crap, now this is really an example of my naiveté.

BTW - As far as Barden goes, who really gives a rat's ass with his involvement.

Thumbs up

If once, just once - one of these people like Breezy came out of his tax funded Lan Dem Closet - maybe - just maybe people could respect some of his posts ! Maybe !

But he wont - he enjoys his tax funded Town Hall gig - he brings great pleasure to Town Clerk Johana Coleman and Mrs Terranova ! He helps them giggle and squeal like little school girls when they read their fellow employees posts.

I'd keep him around too - I'd tone him down a bit but then again every court needs a jester !
    Last edited by 4248; September 25th, 2015 at 03:06 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

So says the GOP Town Committee in the face of an avalanche of much more serious fiscal problems by Mr. Brainard!

You are like the devil himself chastising someone for missing Sunday mass.

LOL
    LOL this actually made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Yes, it sures sounds fishy. If the funds were available in a timely fashion in other years, what happened? No where have I read Dawn G's reasons (excuses) for not being timely. So apparently, she has none. She EFFED up
    I am of the mindset that what most concerns the taxpayers is whether or not a public servant mishandled public funds or in addition too, can manage a town of over 40,000 people with a huge budget. If this person mismanaged a small amount of public funds for the needy, how will this public servant handle a town this size?

Blazejewski's conflict of interest exposed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    First off, avery relevant post on another thread by Mr. Blasezewski:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    4248, yourpoint is well taken. Gorja seems to present facts, but, just a record of a lienor judgment against someone, DOES NOT tells the whole story. It isimportant to know the background circumstances which prompted the judgment andhow it was disposed of. Everyone should bear in mind that the business world isseparate from the political, personal, and governmental world. Businessmenundertake certain actions to preserve the financial stability of their company,their ancillary and outside investments and interests, and to protect theiremployees. In short, they are doing their job. Judgments and liens againstbusiness people and/or their businesses are part and parcel of the businessworld, and may be likened to watching the sausage making process. It may not bea pretty sight, but does not change the fact that the end result is a fineproduct. But, at least, Gorja presents a thoughtful, fact-based case- somethingrather sparse up here.
    Despite the fact that Joseph Brainard's financial dealings and unseemly legal entanglements certainly DO tell me the whole story - in that such bad fiscal behavior and "using the law" as part of your business plan (much like Donald Trump's many bankruptcies and Dino Fudoli's many property tax schemes) are EXHIBIT A in why such a person is wholly unfit to serve the public in any elected position.

It's plain as day to me:
    Joseph Brainard's numerous fiscal legal entanglements are an issue!!! How could they not be???

BLAZEJEWSKI CONFLICTED OUT - Blazejewski Charade Exposed!!!

Mr. Chowaniec continues to tout moronic thinking such as that offered by Mark Blazejewski in his defense of Mr. Brainard, yet, the more you look into Mark Blazejewski, the more you see that his support for Mr. Brainard, and his attacks on Dawn G. are without any credibility whatsoever.

I think that his attacks on this fine, strong and courageous woman may havebeen planned all along.

Mr. Blazejewski joins SPEAKUP WNY and acts as some kind ofinnocent citizen, akin to a Bambi type citizen, concerned about the future of the Town, and he extols the virtues of Joseph Brainard. Mr. Blazejewski further brings to readers' attention the fact that the food pantry he volunteers for was affected by the late arrival of money from the Village of Lancaster that had been raised months earlier for the charity. (Of course Russell Sugg is on the board of the village and did absolutely NOTHING to help the situation, except attack his opponent).

Why?

Because
    Mark Blazejewski was supporting Joseph Brainard and Russell Sugg all along, with campaign cash, and here's some proof:

NYS BOARD OF ELECTIONS
    FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE REPORT
    SCHEDULE A – INDIVIDUAL/PARTNERSHIPS
    Friends of Russ Sugg

05/11/15 – MARK BLAZEJEWSKI – (Home address redacted) – Lancaster – NY14086 – OTH - $40.00 – JUL-14-15 09:43 PM
    And more:

NYS BOARD OF ELECTIONS
    FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE REPORT
    SCHEDULE A – INDIVIDUAL/PARTNERSHIPS
    Friends of Joe Brainard

07/21/15 – MARK BLAZEJEWSKI – (Home address redacted) – Lancaster – NY14086 – OTH - $50.00 – AUG-10-15 09:21 PM
    So, Mark Blazejewski is funding Mr. Sugg’s campaign, this past May 11, 2015, and he goes on the attack against Dawn G. in September????

Mr. Blazejewski pumps campaign cash into the train wreck Friends of Joe Brainard campaign – and this man wants people to believe that he is not involvedwith both?

PLEASE!!!

If you’re going to
    Mr. Sugg’s fundraiser in May, chatting it up with the GOP candidates and probably with campaign operatives, as well, it does not take a rocket scientist to pronounce that YOU ARE CONFLICTED OUT.

Had the Metro Source and Lancaster Bee did their job and saw this conflict of interest on the part of
    Mark Blazejewski, those two articles would never have seen the light of day.

Total farce and shame on you
    Mark Blazejewski.

Nevertheless, your timing is absolutely impeccable,
    Mark Blazejewski, LOL.

Your sham story hit with great timing (NOT), just days after your pal
    Joseph Brainard was dumped by Conservative Party voters (rightfully so) and too early for the November general election.

Not only are you conflicted out because you are funding both GOP council candidates' campaigns, your timing is just terrible!

HaHaHa!

Last edited by Breezy; September 29th, 2015 at 08:37 AM. Reason: formatting

I am of the mindset that what most concerns the taxpayers is whether or not a public servant mishandled public funds or in addition too, can manage a town of over 40,000 people with a huge budget. If this person mismanaged a small amount of public funds for the needy, how will this public servant handle a town this size?
    You are making a mountain out of a mole hill in relation to Dawn G.

You are trying to make a mole hill out of a mountain with regard to Mr. Brainard.

Don't see it working, shortstuff, just don't.

Both Dawn G and Joe B have issues with fiscal responsibility personally or professionally.

Georgia L Schlager

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill in relation to Dawn G.

You are trying to make a mole hill out of a mountain with regard to Mr. Brainard.

Don't see it working, shortstuff, just don't.
    So Breezy what you are saying is if your going to commit a governmental crime it OK at election time bellyache that it's politically motivated boom it dissapears Throw out insults and its over?? You called me deluded?? W O W
    Last edited by Wow in lanc; September 29th, 2015 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Forgot last word

Quote Originally Posted by Wow in lanc View Post
    So Breezy what you are saying is if your going to commit a governmental crime it OK at election time bellyache that it's politically motivated boom it dissapears Throw out insults and its over?? You called me deluded?? W O W
    Very weak reply, no doubt delusional as well, no doubt there.

When you claim to be just an ordinary citizen concerned about your soup kitchen, then it is discovered that you have funded the campaign of the opponents of the woman you attack, unfairly in my view as there is blame to share and share with Mr. Sugg as well, then your credibility is affected!

That's all.
    Last edited by Breezy; September 29th, 2015 at 09:23 AM.

Another point Breezy what you are saying its wrong to donate money to political fund raisers. Boy that is unamerican. Many brave people have died to protect our rights as Americans to participate in activity like this. In essence what you are saying is they died in vein. How dare anybody make a political donation to a party I don't agree with. Diversity that what makes this country great. The ability of the political parties to work together for the common good. Not according to you though. Mr my way or the Highway. Deluded. They should make you the poster boy for the deluded following the deluded club. Do you have a commie flag hanging up in your garage??

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information