Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
Honest question, just how is it even possible to calculate a return on investment for things like this? Beyond that, is there anything that does provide a 1:1 return or better for taxpayers?
That is one issue. It's tough to calculate a positive return on investment so it shouldn't be sold as a good investment from the start.

A government "project" is not supposed to return at 1:1 in some cases but an "arena" isn't a government item the community needs. If the entertainment dollars weren't spent on football tickets it may be spent at other venues.

There are hard facts to review.

How much property tax (guaranteed) is generated by the stadium based off the subsidy given? That is a positive revenue stream.

How much (non-guaranteed) taxes are generated by ticket sales and on items sold directly from the stadium? Taxes on concessions and gifts purchased. I'm assuming sales tax or some form of taxes are added to everything and anything sold at a stadium.

If you think about it the Bills were in 4 super bowls. How did that affect the local economy here? Did it help pull money into the area?

I do think it's awesome that Wilson started the non-profit to help organizations in WNY. I wonder if in the long run we will get more back than what we invested by the tax payers in the current stadium.

Keeping the team at the Ralph is like keeping a "tradition" going. Same as if the old Aud was still in use. Nothing is wrong with the Arena but with name changes it really never becomes a tradition as all the memories did to those who went to the Aud. If it was me I would have named the new arena the same as the old arena to keep the "tradition" alive. You could have always added a "sponsored by"
along the bottom of the sign.