Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summerfield Farms Phase IV????

Summerfield Farms Phase IV????

What's going on with Summerfield Farms Phase IV project?

Is it ever going to begin? Anyone know the status?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Where is that going?

There will be an extension to Avian Way and Apple Blossom Blvd. They will intersect. There will also be a new cul de sac off Avian called Pear Tree Court. Roads and utilities were scheduled to begin at the end of June, 2006. So far, nothing has happened.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How much will this cost the rest of the residents in the town? How many more children will be added to the school district? Will the developer burden the cost of the expansion or will the people who already live there?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    How much will this cost the rest of the residents in the town? How many more children will be added to the school district? Will the developer burden the cost of the expansion or will the people who already live there?

All good questions. Unfortunately the Town Boards most often don't know, or don'r care about, the answers.

And everyone gets all in a tizzy about Wal-Marts.

Uncontrolled residential development is the issue, not big box stores.

Well, it seems this project has hit a brick wall. I really wonder if anyone knows anything about it.

I'm not familiar with those streets. Which developer was doing it? Marrano??

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    I'm not familiar with those streets. Which developer was doing it? Marrano??
    Yes. Marrano.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by therising
    All good questions. Unfortunately the Town Boards most often don't know, or don'r care about, the answers.

And everyone gets all in a tizzy about Wal-Marts.

Uncontrolled residential development is the issue, not big box stores.
    Almost.. If the big box stores are paying what thier assessments should be I they are fine. Those assessments should cover the wear and tear they create on the infrastructure they use. You saw that crap the developers got away with in amherst? Paying very little for the million dollar buildings they have here. It's pointless.

When they get "incentives" there's NO POINT to having them. If they are in my town I would rather look at trees than a development who is not paying into the cost of the community. Does that make sense?

Almost.. If the big box stores are paying what thier assessments should be I they are fine. Those assessments should cover the wear and tear they create on the infrastructure they use. You saw that crap the developers got away with in amherst? Paying very little for the million dollar buildings they have here. It's pointless.

When they get "incentives" there's NO POINT to having them. If they are in my town I would rather look at trees than a development who is not paying into the cost of the community. Does that make sense?
    Point out one Big Box for me that has a Tax Incentive.

There's a new Target about to open on Transit. Why not call the Cheektowaga Tax Dept, and ask what they're paying in taxes?
    Then, call Lancaster and ask them what Kohl's is paying?
    Call Amherst, as well, and take your pick of Big Boxes.

Cheektowaga Tax dept 686-3475 (the new Target may not be a good example come to think of it..I dont know if they wouldve re-assessed it yet)
    Lancaster 683-1311
    Amherst 631-7038

I'm not familiar with the Amherst story. Who/what building(s) was it?

Info from Marrano - project is on indefinite hold. Army Corps of Engineers isn't ready to give the OK. So for anyone concerned about further development in the Summerfield Farms subdivision - no worries for now - looks like Marrano has their hands tied.

There is a development near bowen and brunk that just got the okay to expand. I believe that it is tied to the current expansion of sewer lines to many homes that currently have only septic systems.

The expansion of Windor Ridge is slated to start in the fall. The streets should start going in and then houses will start going up in spring 2007.

Talking Town Board knows the general outcome , CASH!

Sir,
    As far as impact to the community: the Town Board and planning Board is supposed to review all the info provided to them by the developers.This includes Traffic,environmental and average family size/number of new residents & so on.

I believe the average they use is 2.5 children( who has a .5 child?), usually they include number of trips created daily into and out of each subdivision area.

In the case of the subdivision that the County won't allow Lancaster to be the lead(responsible ) agency , its because of the builders/planners and Town Board/Planning Boards failure to truly provide accurate info about environmental and impact issues ( about time).

As far as cost of schools and others services. Of course the Town and Village taxpayers will carry the load - today and in the future .

The Town has repeatedly ignore residents concerns about the long term impacts.They only care about re-elections and fund raising. Their main drive according to Giza is to "Increase tax base" so more people can share the tax burden = Translation - more buildings more permit revenue - more houses more taxable properties - higher values, justifies raising assessments of others - higher assessments more tax produced income for them(Town Board) to spend.

The larger the community - the more employees can be employed to provide services for the residents. Jobs also broadens the power base of those in control. The more party loyal employees you have , the larger straggle hold you create at election time.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

confused

we read one report about falling population in our area and then people worried about increased pressure on streets and schools from new developments. don't they counter act each other and break even. as some people leave they have to be replaced. those that left were in areas they did not like so it seems to make sense to build other newer places that people might want to stay at .so whats the story are we losing people or are we growing so fast we have to stop building. the census says we are losing do they lie
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information