Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summerfield Farms Phase IV????

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob
    we read one report about falling population in our area and then people worried about increased pressure on streets and schools from new developments. don't they counter act each other and break even. as some people leave they have to be replaced. those that left were in areas they did not like so it seems to make sense to build other newer places that people might want to stay at .so whats the story are we losing people or are we growing so fast we have to stop building. the census says we are losing do they lie
    10, 15, 20 years ago, I think it was easier to understand because the people building the new $300k homes were probably coming from Buffalo. Now, i don't know where they're coming from.
    Cheektowaga / Kenmore / Tonawanda, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    10, 15, 20 years ago, I think it was easier to understand because the people building the new $300k homes were probably coming from Buffalo. Now, i don't know where they're coming from.
    Cheektowaga / Kenmore / Tonawanda, I suppose.
    Yep. First ring suburbs where the riffraff is moving in. That's what's pushing those people further out to places like Lancaster and Clarence.

Update - the area that was supposed to be Phase IV has been declared wetlands. Doesn't look like this project is ever going to happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt4248
    Sir,
    As far as impact to the community: the Town Board and planning Board is supposed to review all the info provided to them by the developers.This includes Traffic,environmental and average family size/number of new residents & so on.

I believe the average they use is 2.5 children( who has a .5 child?), usually they include number of trips created daily into and out of each subdivision area.

In the case of the subdivision that the County won't allow Lancaster to be the lead(responsible ) agency , its because of the builders/planners and Town Board/Planning Boards failure to truly provide accurate info about environmental and impact issues ( about time).

As far as cost of schools and others services. Of course the Town and Village taxpayers will carry the load - today and in the future .

The Town has repeatedly ignore residents concerns about the long term impacts.They only care about re-elections and fund raising. Their main drive according to Giza is to "Increase tax base" so more people can share the tax burden = Translation - more buildings more permit revenue - more houses more taxable properties - higher values, justifies raising assessments of others - higher assessments more tax produced income for them(Town Board) to spend.

The larger the community - the more employees can be employed to provide services for the residents. Jobs also broadens the power base of those in control. The more party loyal employees you have , the larger straggle hold you create at election time.
    Bullitt, cut the bull****. Another words plain and simple you have a major conflict of interest going on here. You have the politicians getting a good grease job at the expense of the environment and the residents thereof. SAY IT SAY IT SAY it say it!!!!

Its plain and simple,

Marrano Home Builders spent Millions on the land, Summerfield farms right now is Worth less! unless the DEC changes it's mind (like Swamp Land) not to mention all the money Lost in blue prints, engineering and all the homes were pre sold in Summerfield Phase IV Marrano is Now expanding into South Carolinia

Quote Originally Posted by PalmTree
    Marrano Home Builders spent Millions on the land, Summerfield farms right now is Worth less! unless the DEC changes it's mind (like Swamp Land) not to mention all the money Lost in blue prints, engineering and all the homes were pre sold in Summerfield Phase IV Marrano is Now expanding into South Carolinia
    What happened, wetlands? How did they not know before purchasing the land?

Also - where is this anyway?

What happened, wetlands? How did they not know before purchasing the land?
    They probably didn't; the COE keeps changing the definition.
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

...where is this anyway?
    It's on the corner of William and Bowen. You can't miss it. Just look for the neighborhood popping out of the farmland without any trees.

I just read the report from the Army Corps of Engineers. The amount of wetlands to be taken is less than 2 acres. They are proposing to CREATE OVER 3 ACRES OF NEW WETLANDS!! as a replacement for the wetlands that they have taken. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by farmall806
    I just read the report from the Army Corps of Engineers. The amount of wetlands to be taken is less than 2 acres. They are proposing to CREATE OVER 3 ACRES OF NEW WETLANDS!! as a replacement for the wetlands that they have taken. Nothing wrong with that.
    Sounds reasonable to me - So why aren't they able to build? Did the Town reject it?

DEC finally showing ballz

Quote Originally Posted by PalmTree
    DEC finally showing balls = Marrano was fully aware of the wetlands. They did not spend millions on this land. They and the Town Board members are aware of all the wetlands they have allowed to be destroyed over Giza's term.

As far as wetlands of only two acres being destroyed and three being created- Like so many other streams,tributaries and flood plains they've rerouted since the mid fifties - its just not working. There is more flooding caused by this action . Nature has placed those wetlands where they are to serve/replenish our environment.

The Town Board doesn't care about long term affects - they only care about profits for their friends, campaign money, free meals and subsidized vacations . The future residents don't know enough to care and the present voting majority support Giza - so just sit back and enjoy the ride.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Bullitt wrote:

In the case of the subdivision that the County won't allow Lancaster to be the lead (responsible) agency, it’s because of the builders/planners and Town Board/Planning Boards failure to truly provide accurate info about environmental and impact issues (about time).

The Corps and the DEC are both looking more closely at what has taken place and will take place at Summerfield Farms and Windsor Ridge South. Previous questionable wetland delineations at both sites are under scrutiny and both regulatory agencies are receiving flak from residents living in both areas that are experiencing flooding and drainage issues. And, for those who think we have undergone a very wet period, stormwater ponds are supposed to be sized to accommodate for 100-year storms – which we have not had.

Bullitt also wrote:

The Town has repeatedly ignored residents concerns about the long-term impacts. They only care about re-elections and fund raising. Their main drive according to Giza is to "Increase tax base" so more people can share the tax burden = Translation - more buildings more permit revenue - more houses more taxable properties - higher values, justifies raising assessments of others - higher assessments more tax produced income for them (Town Board) to spend.

Bingo! Bob “The Builder” Giza and his Planning Board minions’ only concern is to build out the town and secure enough revenues to spend freely in such a way to secure their positions – especially by favoring developer best interests, which is in their best interests. Impacts to the residents, what’s that? Bob the Builder declares there are no traffic issues in town, no flooding or drainage issues, and no low water pressure areas, etc.

Hang on for the time is coming when he starts spending millions to improve the water system and to build out the white elephant police building on Walden Avenue he pushed for.

The rising wrote:

And everyone gets all in a tizzy about Wal-Marts.

Uncontrolled residential development is the issue, not big box stores.

The town would tell you that building permits have been way down the last two years. And, they have been compared to permits issues for the past two decades. But, there are over 1,500 homes that have either been approved for building or are in the planning board stages of recommended approval.

However, for rising to say that the town has been on the ball regarding commercial enterprise is ludicrous. Lancaster needs good paying employment. We need more than Wal-Mart’s, Aldi’s, Dunkin Donuts and Truck Stops – all sponsored by the same developer who had the town’s blessing and support for variances and regulatory permits. Lancaster is not underserved, nor deserving of such businesses.

Transit Road is a commercial corridor, no argument there. However, the geographic center of Lancaster is much farther east. Why is that area not being served? The master plan and overall town planning has been less than stellar!

pudge

However, for rising to say that the town has been on the ball regarding commercial enterprise is ludicrous. Lancaster needs good paying employment. We need more than Wal-Mart’s, Aldi’s, Dunkin Donuts and Truck Stops – all sponsored by the same developer who had the town’s blessing and support for variances and regulatory permits. Lancaster is not underserved, nor deserving of such businesses.
    Pudge, you're a pisser! I actually laughed out loud at the statement that Lancaster is
    deserving of such businesses

So, Lancaster does not deserve a Wal-Mart, Dunkin, or Aldi's, eh??

That's about the funniest thing I've ever heard on this site!

So, Pudge, are you the arbiter of, what, exactly, the people of Lancaster deserve? How do you judge it?

I tell ya, I'd be pretty pissed if I lived there, and some guy named Pudge said I didn't deserve a Dunkin Donuts.

Do explain, Pudge, I'd love to hear. Just try to look at the projects, not the Developer.

BTW did Lancaster deserve a Kohl's? How about Target? Cheektowaga citizens deserve the tax revenue from that, I suppose?

PS - please point out to me where I said
    that the town has been on the ball regarding commercial enterprise

Once again people whining about commercial development in Lancaster. Well, I don't know who all those cars in the parking lot at Target belong to - I suppose they're all city residents, right?

Hey Rising, struck a raw nerve, did I? You wrote in an earlier post: “Uncontrolled residential development is the issue, not big box stores.” You wrote in other posts that uncontrolled residential development was negatively impacting the town, not commercial development.

Rising, when you say, “I tell ya, I'd be pretty pissed if I lived there,” are you saying that you don’t live in Lancaster? I would find that hard to believe considering you have voiced many opinions on what takes place in Lancaster; most times citing residential growth as uncontrolled and bad and commercial growth, regardless of kind, as not impacting the community.

Regardless, I don’t like “big boxes” for diverse reasons. I have been a Lancaster homeowner for near 30 years and in all that time I was a satisfied customer shopping in and supporting the smaller businesses in town.

I can handle change, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t opine that I don’t like today’s “big box” world or the other larger chain store predators that have and will continue to put the little guy out of business. Yeah, I know it’s the age of global economy and competition where the big fish eats the little fish, and all that crap.

Lancaster has become over-served and overburdened with commercial enterprises in the south end of Lancaster that has clogged up several already overburdened two-lane county roads. Corporations moving in replace town businesses that have served the area well for decades, while replacing better paying jobs with poverty level wages. And yet, like in Amherst, our property and school taxes continue to skyrocket.

And yes, I can certainly live without that ugly looking Dunkin Donuts. However, I have no say in its development, or any other town projects for that matter. Were it legal, our town officials would allow their special interest friends to build a whorehouse next to a church if it would bring in more revenue for the town.

However, I can express my opinion, and that seems to bother someone like you who is hypersensitive to someone’s differing opinion. So, have another good laugh!

I do believe the town could have done better by bringing other businesses into the area – medical buildings, offices, and the like. After all, it was town officials that dubbed the William and Transit intersection as the Gateway to Lancaster.

We have a Wegmans and Tops in the area, why do we need an Aldi’s?

We have Kohl’s and a Target in the area, why do we need a Wal-Mart?

We don’t need another 20,000 to 30,000 vehicles on our roads for retail stores we don’t need and that pay poorly, but are touted for the revenues they bring into the town; revenues that help the town spend too freely.

Its not that the town doesn’t deserve the businesses mentioned, but that the town deserved better – especially when weighing the adverse impacts these businesses bring into the community.

I am certainly not the arbiter of what the town deserves. However, I have an opinion, and am of the “opinion” sir that, “we deserve better!”

pudge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information