Thread: Satish Mohan running for a spot on Amherst Republican Committee

Satish Mohan running for a spot on Amherst Republican Committee

Jul 21, 2006 - The Amherst Town Supervisor will find himself in another election come November.

After winning the Supervisor seat with a grassroots campaign ... Satish Mohan will now be running for a spot on the Amherst Republican Committee. Mohan's calling it a chance to stay close to the people who put him in office and adds: "I want to be close to the people ... and the only way I can be close to the people, go door to door is when I can be a committee man."

There are 214 people who make up the Republican Committee in Amherst.
    http://www.wkbw.com/Story.aspx?type=ln&NStoryID=13544
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven
    Jul 21, 2006 - The Amherst Town Supervisor will find himself in another election come November.

After winning the Supervisor seat with a grassroots campaign ... Satish Mohan will now be running for a spot on the Amherst Republican Committee. Mohan's calling it a chance to stay close to the people who put him in office and adds: "I want to be close to the people ... and the only way I can be close to the people, go door to door is when I can be a committee man."

My dog would love for him to come door to door!

Quote Originally Posted by steven

And choose potential members of a Town Board that will beholden to him.

This guy has a Maharaja Complex.
    Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

God help us! Schratz & Wixon are running too!

The Amherst Republican Party in in deep trouble. Satish smiles at the cameras and acts so humble but his true personality will be coming to light slowly but surely. Don't forget there has been division in the party. Marsh Wood who is the hand puppet for the Cusacks was put in to replace Bob Gilmore who some considered to be quite ruthless. There were a lot of people who ganged up on him and Jane Woodward who they blamed for past slights. Wood is a nice guy but is being tooled by others. When Satish ran for office he never got the support of the Party, not even Shelly, not even when he won the primary. All of the top committee supported Rabenold, especially Shelly. When Satish won they took total credit for the "Republican " victory. If anyone who has watched this man operate thinks that he has forgotten their actions they are dead wrong. He makes a point of saying that he wants the factions to make up but read between the lines follks, he wants control of the entire party. Wonder how many people ran for the committeeman positions with his blessings!!

A lot of petitions for committeemen are being challenged, some for the most minor infractions. The ironic part is that they are being challenged by some republicans office holders whose petitions were carried (in past elections) by the same people they now are trying to unseat. The new Rep. County Chairman will be useless.

Politics is a dirty business and not for the faint hearted.
    It will be interesting to see how the ECBOE handles these petition challenges. Deja vu, Don Oakley???

This topic is a really sore subject. It is so obvious what Schratz's motives are. She is desperately trying to gain control of the Republican Party. She is using Mohan to strengthen her cause. Look at the resolution she has on the table. One of the items is to take the deputy Highway Superintendant out of the budget. I wonder why?? Could it be that the name behind the title is Joe Speth, one of the old guard Republicans? And Wixon (Tonto) is nothing more than a carpetbagger!

Thread Information