Thread: Steve Specyal attacks Resident on Social Media. Is this who we really want?

Steve Specyal attacks Resident on Social Media. Is this who we really want?

I came across this post today on a social media network. My concern is that Specyal is already attacking residents when he doesn't agree with them.

Steven Specyal: "This is why I don't take questions online, Julie. The overwhelming majority of people want to legitimately attend and be part of a community event, but a handful of people just want to raise a fuss. I don't care that you're a Republican, that you didn't even take 30 seconds to read the flyer, that you live in Depew and not in the neighborhood that this event is for, or even that you're shamelessly babysitting for a Republican candidate on Facebook in the post from earlier today. What really bothers me, Julie, is that your posts are emblematic of a problem in our society, where people are "unavailable" to attend a meeting, or, "unable" to call at this time (but are able to be on Facebook), but are perfectly willing to be very disrespectful to a total stranger trying to hold a community outreach meeting, which, by the way, all in attendance (even my opponents in the primary election) told me afterwards that I ran professionally. And I respected everyone, even my opponents. Good-day and God bless, Ma'am."

Why won't he take questions online? Is he afraid he won't be able to later claim "I didn't say that..."?

I am concerned that Mr. Specyal is attacking taxpayers instead of attacking the people who brought this town down. What will he do when a resident calls and complains to him about what the town is doing?

Thread Information