Thread: Lancaster Town Supervisor on rumors and innuendos

Lancaster Town Supervisor on rumors and innuendos

From speakup front page-

Lancaster Town Supervisor on rumors and innuendos

At Monday evening’s Lancaster Town Board work session, Supervisor Robert Giza brought to the attention of the board members and a few attendees the anger felt concerning the salacious rumors and innuendos appearing on the Internet, in the media and passed about in public.

More...
    This was the most entertaining article Lee has ever written. I can't believe that our supervisor thinks that his poop doesn't stink. Never anywhere have I read about Giza having a summer home.

And Ruffino and his damn clocks. Will he ever shut up about them.

Now, I'm going to have to listen in to one of their work sessions.

I didn't realize that putting in a water line for someone would stop them from commiting suicide.

As a concerned citizen, I wrote him a letter regarding his councilman Abraham's unethical behavior due to him having his election sign in his classroom. Do you think he called Superintendent Myszka to have the sign removed? Not in my lifetime.

Thank you Lee.

Georgia L Schlager

Also from speakupwny article:

Quote Supervisor Giza
    "I don’t know what people want. We are putting in water lines at a cost of $7 million because some places were experiencing water pressure issues and there were some breaks in the line; and they are saying the infrastructure is letting go."

Let me refresh your selective memory
    There was a professional engineering study performed by Kriebel, Guay, Rugg and Hall in regards to the water infrastructure. This study was performed, now pay attention, in 1976!!!
    The study outlined in great detail, the infrastructure needs into the future as the town expanded. It was a solid plan, which if properly implemented in steps as the town expanded, would have provided a solid water system as new subdivisions were added.
    Instead, the study was ignored ( I believe you said you never even knew about it). The infrastructure was woefully inadequate as all the new subdivisions were added on William St. The water pressure continued to get worse and worse. You blamed it on lack of rain, to many people lawn watering etc etc.
    Fast forward to today. You are now having to pay 7 Million dollars to replace lines, which should have been progressivly improved as the town grew.
    I believe the name used for this is "SMART GROWTH"
    So lets be honest Bob, the freakin infrastructure is and has been falling apart for 33 years (since the report) and probably a lot longer! You and your "hard working" clones have completely ignored every concept of infrastructure improvement with growth. I am sure the winter will bring many more breaks.
    And now, we are paying for it.

I would love to know where "summer home" rumor came from. What is that all about? Anyone know?

I have a lot to lose speaking up about the Supervisor's comments.

However, I firmly believe that no one who supports freedom of speech can sit silently by and allow an elected official to threaten anyone for saying something that, in their opinion, is rumor or innuendo.

Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson, understood that, by promoting freedom of speech as a right, they were opening the floodgates. In their writings, they recognized that promoting free speech would allow people to say the nastiest, meanest, ugliest, things imaginable.

In my opinion, the Supervisor's comment, "If I ever find out anyone ever started a rumor about me, you better leave town.", threatens free speech. I read it as meaning, if the Supervisor thinks you said something that is rumor or innuendo, he will do something harmful to you." A threat that will inhibit people, who don't know any better, from speaking their mind for fear that, he has the legal ability to harm them.

Under freedom of speech, the Supervisor's speech is protected. What people who may be cowed by this threat need to understand is: he has no legal right to carry out his threat.

Democracy or

Also remember recently at a Town Board Meeting, when refereeing to another person he dislikes:

Supervisor Bob Giza said, "I don't understand this guy, we put him through the system and he's still talking"

Figuratively speaking :
    Is Supervisor Bob Giza a "Monarch"
    Attachment 2898

A 'Monarchy' is a form of government in which supreme power is absolutely or nominally lodged with an individual, who is the head of state, often for life (24 years) or until abdication, and "is wholly set apart from all other members of the state.

The word monarch (Latin: monarcha) comes from the Greek(Giza?), "one/singular," and "leader/ruler/chief" which referred to a single, at least nominally absolute ruler. With time, the word has been succeeded in this meaning by others, such as autocrat or dictator. In modern use the word monarch generally is used when referring to a traditional system of hereditary rule, with elective monarchies often considered as exceptions.

Does Lancaster have a "Benevolent Figure Head or a Monarch"

Click here Attachment 2898 to see whats behind door number one!
    Last edited by 4248; November 5th, 2009 at 01:36 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Also remember recently at a Town Board Meeting, when refereeing to another person he dislikes:

Supervisor Bob Giza said, "I don't understand this guy, we put him through the system and he's still talking"

Figuratively speaking :
    Attachment 2898

A 'Monarchy' is a form of government in which supreme power is absolutely or nominally lodged with an individual, who is the head of state, often for life (24 years) or until abdication, and "is wholly set apart from all other members of the state.

The word monarch (Latin: monarcha) comes from the Greek(Giza?), "one/singular," and "leader/ruler/chief" which referred to a single, at least nominally absolute ruler. With time, the word has been succeeded in this meaning by others, such as autocrat or dictator. In modern use the word monarch generally is used when referring to a traditional system of hereditary rule, with elective monarchies often considered as exceptions.

Click here Attachment 2898 to see whats behind door number one!
    Attachment 2898 link broken...
    Please fix so I can see what is behind door #1....

seems OK

[quote=4248;568203]Also remember recently at a Town Board Meeting, when refereeing to another person he dislikes:

Figuratively speaking :
    Click on the number:Attachment 2898

Click on the number Attachment 2898 to see whats behind door number one!

I am absolutely appalled by this!!

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post
    I have a lot to lose speaking up about the Supervisor's comments.

However, I firmly believe that no one who supports freedom of speech can sit silently by and allow an elected official to threaten anyone for saying something that, in their opinion, is rumor or innuendo.

Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson, understood that, by promoting freedom of speech as a right, they were opening the floodgates. In their writings, they recognized that promoting free speech would allow people to say the nastiest, meanest, ugliest, things imaginable.

In my opinion, the Supervisor's comment, "If I ever find out anyone ever started a rumor about me, you better leave town.", threatens free speech. I read it as meaning, if the Supervisor thinks you said something that is rumor or innuendo, he will do something harmful to you." A threat that will inhibit people, who don't know any better, from speaking their mind for fear that, he has the legal ability to harm them.

Under freedom of speech, the Supervisor's speech is protected. What people who may be cowed by this threat need to understand is: he has no legal right to carry out his threat.

That a leader of this town would even have the balls to threaten with such disregard for people simply astounds me!!! Mr. Bob Giza YOu have insulted people in general and their constitution!!! BETTER LEAVE TOWN?!!

WHAT THE H--- IS THAT ALL ABOUT?

Does anyone remember Hogan's Hero's? Remember Sargeant Schultz? Do you remember what he use to say? "I know nothin' about nothin'." I think Mr. Giza's new name is Sargeant Schultz.

I think Sargeant Schultz owes this town an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    That a leader of this town would even have the balls to threaten with such disregard for people simply astounds me!!! Mr. Bob Giza YOu have insulted people in general and their constitution!!! BETTER LEAVE TOWN?!!

WHAT THE H--- IS THAT ALL ABOUT?

Does anyone remember Hogan's Hero's? Remember Sargeant Schultz? Do you remember what he use to say? "I know nothin' about nothin'." I think Mr. Giza's new name is Sargeant Schultz.

I think Sargeant Schultz owes this town an apology.
    I remember several years ago when I was at a TB meeting and the Supervisor said "if you dont like it, you can always leave".

And Schultzie
    He
    "knows nothing"
    "sees nothing"
    and most of all "says nothing"

Wasn't that

God, I hope this isn't a rumor or innuendo:

When Bobby said that to you, was that because you said publicly the bridges were unsafe or when you tried to show how dangerously low water pressure was in some area's of Town?(Especialy where that factory burned to the ground from insufficent water supple.)OOOPS!

Or was it was because he was mad that you showed a report he couldn't deny - you remember the one about failing infra structure and such?

I just wanna get the facts straight - wouldn't want your family or mine driven out of Town because of rumor or innuendo!

Ive already been "Through the system" and I wouldn't want anyone Else's life or family put through the same process.

So maybe I should just, as Supervisor Bob Giza said, "Vote with your feet" - (Grammatically incorrect on purpose - I don't want to be arrested for a false quote) -

Schucks - he did say that, didn't he, OH!! Man, now my taxes will go up again, my garbage fees will be doubled again , I might get traffic tickets(Wait- The Old Chiefs gone!) , do you think they'll have that scary Developer Guy sue me again?

ATTN: Home Buyers I know a small ranch in Beautiful Lancaster, NY for sale - I heard the price was just lowered - entertaining all serious offers - relocation eminent do to "Political Views"

HELP!

Thread Information