Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amherst Says No To Negative, Smear Campaigning

Amherst Says No To Negative, Smear Campaigning

I am glad to see that people in Amherst rejected Kryzan's negative smear campaign. When you try and prevent the public from deciding important issues such as the size of its town government, the public will not like it.

I am also pleasantly surprised that Amherst finally came to their senses and voted Ward out.

Now lets move to allow the public to decide the downsizing issue.

Amherst has at least a chance with Ward and SS off the board.

it is a good day all in all.
    Last edited by hate politics; November 4th, 2009 at 02:12 AM.

Actually the Republican Committee's and it's allied soft money comes through again. BW waged a clandestine negative campaign on so many levels, once again hiding behind others. How many of us received the pollster's calls smearing his opponents or the directed smear mailers? But he comes off untarnished. Now he and his cronies have a lot to prove over the next 4 years. I hope the people of Amherst won't settle for Buffalo metro standards now that the Repubs control Amherst and Erie Cty with a veto proof legislature.

That is exactly what happened in the Town of Brant. It was the smear personified by a gadfly in town. Those running after being requested to refused to separate themselves - thus being made guilty be association. The local Democratic Party committee tried using the same argument, yet the treasurer of the Party is a close friend to this (dishonorable) gadfly.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Add It Up View Post
    Actually the Republican Committee's and it's allied soft money comes through again.
    What are you talking about the republican committee is so weak that it didn't want Mohan 4 years ago but he won nonetheless.

The dems better wake up and stop taking stupid positions such as not allowing the public to vote on the size of its government.

that issue alone won it for BW and the republicans.

Negative Campaign

[QUOTE=hate politics;567455]I am glad to see that people in Amherst rejected Kryzan's negative smear campaign. When you try and prevent the public from deciding important issues such as the size of its town government, the public will not like it.
    QUOTE]

I saw the negative mailers that specifically went out against Kryzan and Ward. So stop with the smear campaign from Kryzan BS.

Weinstein and his crew were more negative and did more "trash" mail than any other group.

[QUOTE=amhresident;568090]
    Quote Originally Posted by hate politics View Post
    I am glad to see that people in Amherst rejected Kryzan's negative smear campaign. When you try and prevent the public from deciding important issues such as the size of its town government, the public will not like it.
    QUOTE]

I saw the negative mailers that specifically went out against Kryzan and Ward. So stop with the smear campaign from Kryzan BS.

Weinstein and his crew were more negative and did more "trash" mail than any other group.
    Agree. We received countless mailers, plus phone smears. BW should at least keep his mouth shut about smear campaigning done by Kryzan. Most know he is spewing a blatant lie. It serves only to demonstrate his hypocrisy and his total inability to be a gracious winner...and "leader".

Kryzan's entire campaign was a smear. People do not like when people run an exclusive, 100 percent negative campaign.

It was about the whole full-time/part-time nonsense, the bank failure, trying to pin BW as a mohan clone, etc.

all smear all the time. I did not see a single negative ad from BW throughout the campaign.

all smear all the time. I did not see a single negative ad from BW throughout the campaign.
    Ha Ha Ha.......so you must be saying Kryzan and Ward sent out "trash" mail in a smear campaign against themselves.

A smear is a smear. BW just spent more to do it.

I am an independent and never got a single negative piece of literature from BW.

examples of this "smear" please.

It was about the whole full-time/part-time nonsense, the bank failure, trying to pin BW as a mohan clone, etc...
    These were all pertinent issues which were successfully downplayed by the Weinstein clandestine campaign machine. Expect the same type of administration for the next 4 years: if we don't acknowledge the issues, they don't exist. My way or the highway.

I like to call those accusations mear smear tactics but we can agree to disagree about that.

I would like someone to provide me with examples of BW smearing Kryzan?

I am an independent and never got a single negative piece of literature from BW.

examples of this "smear" please.
    Amazing! I am an Independent also and received numerous negative mailings plus phone polls. However, it is unimportant, at this point. BW won. It worked. The man needs to shut up about negative campaigning from Alice Kryzan. Most people know, especially Independents, that he is not above reproach. He is being hypocritical, petty, an ungracious winner..and most of all, is not exhibiting characteristics of a true leader in our community.
    A little good will and humbleness would go a long way.
    Last edited by Trajan; November 5th, 2009 at 09:14 PM.

[QUOTE=Trajan;568100]
    Quote Originally Posted by amhresident View Post

Agree. We received countless mailers, plus phone smears. BW should at least keep his mouth shut about smear campaigning done by Kryzan. Most know he is spewing a blatant lie. It serves only to demonstrate his hypocrisy and his total inability to be a gracious winner...and "leader".
    BW is no leader. He takes no responsibility for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Add It Up View Post
    These were all pertinent issues which were successfully downplayed by the Weinstein clandestine campaign machine. Expect the same type of administration for the next 4 years: if we don't acknowledge the issues, they don't exist. My way or the highway.

Clandestine is SOP for Weinstein and his campaign manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    He is being hypocritical, petty, an ungracious winner..and most of all, is not exhibiting characteristics of a true leader in our community.
    A little good will and humbleness would go a long way.
    This is exactly how I would describe BW from personal experience with him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information