Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amherst Says No To Negative, Smear Campaigning

Talk about sorry grapes. Look who is exhibiting it now.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Amazing! I am an Independent also and received numerous negative mailings plus phone polls. However, it is unimportant, at this point.
    translation - they were no negative BW flyers.

stop the BW bashing, your candidate lost, your tactics lost. go on with your day and life.

A gracious and classy "winner" does not look backward and critique and criticize opponents. Appalling behavior on the part of any "leader". Doesn't bode well for a new era of "no bickering".

You continue to use the same smear tactics that cost your candidate the election.

Additionally, I don't know how my conduct is a reflection of BW as I am not a republican nor care to be but here is some advice: learn from your mistakes (i.e. don't smear and/or don't make stuff up) so that we can have a productive, issue driven debate next election cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by hate politics View Post
    You continue to use the same smear tactics that cost your candidate the election.
    According to your calulations...If that is all this election was about, smearing
    worked for BW.

Your delusional interpretation of everything "BW" is amusing...and odd.

However, even you, must admit...
    A gracious and classy "winner" does not look backward and critique and criticize opponents.

Additionally, I don't know how my conduct is a reflection of BW as I am not a republican nor care to be but here is some advice: learn from your mistakes (i.e. don't smear and/or don't make stuff up) so that we can have a productive, issue driven debate next election cycle.
    The lesson I learned was that when you smear, as BW did, hide it in as many layers of soft money as you can. Make yourself untouchable, having others do your dirty work and walk away if you feel that the public is getting too close.

BTW-Are you posting all the way from England? Or was that BS too.

translation - they were no negative BW flyers.

stop the BW bashing, your candidate lost, your tactics lost. go on with your day and life.
    You are correct. There were no negative BW flyers that were sent.

However there were negative flyers against Kryzan and Ward that were sent out by the BW controlled Republicans. And please do not deny that BW controls the republicans.

I also agree the race is over and BW won. Congratulations to him. I guess the negative capaign tactics worked...although I don't he needed to go to that level.

I asked for examples about smearing - you provided none yet you continue to smear. Just like when BW stated time and time again, he will work full-time, you still tried to smear him.

your smear tactics lost -- it is a lesson learned but talk about sour grapes, your candidate lost, your negative tactics lost.

Next time all i ask is that the candidates talk about the issues that matter - i.e. taxes, contracts, redevleopment.

BW won because he put forth issues (i.e. downsizing) and Kryzan didn't.

I heard time and time again how many people were turned off by Kryzan by her negative tactics (in fact i wrote about it last week).

I asked for examples about smearing - you provided none yet you continue to smear. Just like when BW stated time and time again, he will work full-time, you still tried to smear him.

your smear tactics lost -- it is a lesson learned but talk about sour grapes, your candidate lost, your negative tactics lost.

Next time all i ask is that the candidates talk about the issues that matter - i.e. taxes, contracts, redevleopment.

I heard time and time again how many people were turned off by Kryzan by her negative tactics (in fact i wrote about it last week).
    Keep on spinning. Who will Dr. Barry hide behind now?

Hate is in such denial and so delusional that even if the negative mailings and audio of the phone polls were posted, they would all be denied.

BTW. After all your hysterical rantings about the scratched car, did you ever find out who the real culprit was???You were all over that one. Very odd devotion.

I love the way you try to sidestep the fact that you didn't receive any negative attacks about Kryzan - you are doing a better job than your poor responses to the ward lawsuit issue. but why do you continue to persist this thread?

you will be happy to note that this will be my last post for a while (i am leaving for england for three weeks).

as i have mentioned, the police will probably disclose the name of the person who did in a day or so.

my money is on a union guy/gal that was upset that the budget didn't include a tax increase to pay for their salary and bennies.

but why do you continue to persist this thread?

(i am leaving for england for three weeks).
    Why did you even start this thread? It was a mischaracterization and phony premise from the start. You and BW are the only ones talking about it. Some of us on SUWNY were not about to let this variety of BS go by without commenting.

Getting back to my original point...What does this nonsense say about being a gracious winner and leader??

Have a fantastic and safe trip.

Weinstein & Howard were "Sore Winners"

I was stunned that a great and likeable guy like Tim Howard whined about negative campaigning AFTER he won handily. Howard's campaign was a little negative too.

I was astonished that a smart guy like Barry Weinstein was seemingly near tears over being criticized by Alice Kryzan during the campaign (heck, Kryzan's ONLY campaign position at all was that Barry would only work part time if elected). Even more astonishing was that Barry was near tears of self pity even after the huge win. Weinstein should have danced in the streets that Kryzan ran a non-issue oriented non-campaign.

Both these guys lost great opportunities to shine in their big wins. We deserved better than the selfish "sore winner" whining. Get over it - you won!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information