Thread: Opportunity knocks....

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Opportunity knocks....

I would like to know if there's anyone here who has some ideas for the web but didn't want to invest in hosting a site to see if it would gather traffic.

Why do I ask?

I'm willing to give 10 or so people free hosting if they have an idea that seems sound that might promote buffalo in some way.

They would have access to real stats, spidering and all the features our servers have. No different that what that large companies get when working with us.

No idea will be deemed silly

PM me or email me

Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    I would like to know if there's anyone here who has some ideas for the web but didn't want to invest in hosting a site to see if it would gather traffic.

Why do I ask?

I'm willing to give 10 or so people free hosting if they have an idea that seems sound that might promote buffalo in some way.

They would have access to real stats, spidering and all the features our servers have. No different that what that large companies get when working with us.

No idea will be deemed silly

PM me or email me

Tony.

I have a couple of ideas but do not want to spend time developing.

First check out ning.com. It is a free web application builder that integrated with google mapping. One site could be "DevelopBuffalo" where people could mark areas that have shovel ready sites. Once these areas are marked, you could attach a forum on what development should go there. Then a moderator can get comments from developers on the feasibility of those sites. They could also get comments from business owners in/out of the region as well. Discuss the hurdles that development faces on both sides. Leave out the politicians and government.

Another idea is "PollBuffalo" where market research can be done without the government process. If someone thinks a business is bad for the community, collect that data online. If someone does not like the development of a site, collect that data online. Show real numbers of real people who are residents of the area.

Thread Information