Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lancaster residents deserve better

Lancaster residents deserve better

I am seeking your support for a seat on the Lancaster Town Council. As a former School and Town Board member I know how important it is for elected officials to “listen” and “respect” residents and to address their concerns. We must return accountability; integrity and credibility back to the board.

More...

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=12
    Who okays development on wetlands?
    Whose response is "It's out of our hands"?

Oh Lord
    It's the Lancaster Town Board

Who downplays an environmental impact study,
    Which results in basements and yards being wet and muddy?

Oh Lord
    Again, it's the Lancaster Town Board

Who responds to the motorist who is distraught and weary?
    "Not our responsibility, it's the County of Erie"

Oh Lord,
    Again, it's the Lancaster Town Board

Where do you go to plead your plight,
    And feel you just got screwed on sight.

Oh Lord,
    IT'S YOUR TOWN BOARD
    Hopefully Ms Pelletterie will win on Tuesday and we can see a change in practices.

Georgia L Schlager

Very impressive.

I like the down to basics approach to town issues. We need a common sense outlook and execute this approach.

Not our Lancaster Board

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post

Hopefully Ms Pelletterie will win on Tuesday and we can see a change in practices.
    I like the part of being screwed on site! Like that never happens...I remember being there for several residents speaking to the Town board on issues and they turned around and got screwed in front of god and everyone right at the town meeting.

Lets see

Bullets in wall in homeowners home. Hunting where they never changed the permit area after they built subdivision. I don't know what we can do we don't control Hunting areas.

Sewers backing up Kennedy court and Glendale. Giza says he doesn't know what he can do it's probabally homeowners Laterals from house to road....But they will inspect there homes and tell them whats wrong and how much to fix them. You mean homeowners again will have to pay for town screwups again.

You have Glendale ave which has had problems for years and Giza says this is the first I heard about this......Amnesia again... Apparently he wasn't at the town meeting when Reese told him what had to be done and needed to hire outside concern because they didn't have manpower........Never authorized. The sh** is getting deeper....

You have Seibert Road where they allowed them to build a house right next to a creek. We argued that it wasn't even a buildable lot. Then they rebuild the culvert and road (made road to high)and water was routed from street right down homeowners driveway into garage. Town replaced driveway... Cost of culvert and New Driveway cost homeowners how much for towns stupidity? Finally for sale sign on other side of creek was pulled. What are you saying it's not a buildable lot?

Town Board allows sewers in Cross Creek. This is a true recipe for disaster in years to come. No concern from planning Board or town board!

Developers do what they wish and brag about getting necessary permits from town and govt agencies to fill in wetlands.

We also have rezones of rezone with no concern of residents!

We have a traffic study that we paid lots of money to be completed... If you remember correctly the worst area was Bowen and Broadway. Thats the only area I have no problem driving unless your puling in or out of Franks... William is a nightmare... But let's put Walmart up there... Oh yes that traffic study was completed by students....That makes me feel warm and fuzzy.........

Than there is my favorite after speaking to the board on continuing flooding and drainage issues. I was told by Giza to dynamite my neighbors bridges cause they are causing my problems...Those bridges have been there since I was a kid. Rerouting the creek and raising elevations 3-6 feet had nothing to do with pushing water to homeowners who have lived here for years... We can't change our elevation..

Then they say my backyard is a floodplain but were going to raise it 3 feet and it's OK to build there because we won't be building in your yard...HELLO anyone home........Giza says you can build on water if it's done the right way....Lancaster do something the right way you have to be kidding me!

20 years from now we will be paying for this.........

Windsor Ridge South my favorite again which consists of 100's of wetlands with 1000's of different tributaries all running through property. We will fill in wetlands and Build homes..... Oh yes we will pass a Development for 300 homes and oh yeah we don't have sewer capacity, for this project we only have capacity for 100 homes if the developer runs the sewer line to pumping station. Erie county will buy the materials if developer completes the work!!!!!!!!! What kind of shi* is this......

DEC put's in a remediation area and when questioned about it filling in with water.The answer is That's the way it's suppose to be is the answer...

Water pressure is turned up to reach more homes and there have been about 5 water main breaks on Brunck Road alone. Do you know if those cause damage to your house or basement ...that's your responsibility... Just like flooding unless you carry flood insurance.....People should be nervous with all the issues in the southern teir where people lost everything and even with FEMA it's not a dent on replacement or repair.....

Speaking of FEMA has anyone heard about the floodplain mapping we were suppose to receive it at the end of the year. Can't wait to see this.....They already sent me a notice that I'm at high risk cause I live next to a creek that the Town moved years ago... NO Sh**

If I here one more time about all the money they saved us with the insurance fiasco for board members I'm going to spit nails. Amatura was the only one who brought this up and he literally got gang raped at the board meeting by everyone else.So you did absolutly nothing,zero.. got it.... So please don't insult us with everything you've done for us and I won't tell you what you can do with the clocks.

I have to take a break my blood pressure is rising be back later and I'll continue with a list of why to get rid of the old and in with the new!!!!

This could take all day

I love the part about the bullet in the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster wetlands View Post
    I like the part of being screwed on site! Like that never happens...I remember being there for several residents speaking to the Town board on issues and they turned around and got screwed in front of god and everyone right at the town meeting.

Lets see

Bullets in wall in homeowners home. Hunting where they never changed the permit area after they built subdivision. I don't know what we can do we don't control Hunting areas.

Sewers backing up Kennedy court and Glendale. Giza says he doesn't know what he can do it's probabally homeowners Laterals from house to road....But they will inspect there homes and tell them whats wrong and how much to fix them. You mean homeowners again will have to pay for town screwups again.

You have Glendale ave which has had problems for years and Giza says this is the first I heard about this......Amnesia again... Apparently he wasn't at the town meeting when Reese told him what had to be done and needed to hire outside concern because they didn't have manpower........Never authorized. The sh** is getting deeper....

You have Seibert Road where they allowed them to build a house right next to a creek. We argued that it wasn't even a buildable lot. Then they rebuild the culvert and road (made road to high)and water was routed from street right down homeowners driveway into garage. Town replaced driveway... Cost of culvert and New Driveway cost homeowners how much for towns stupidity? Finally for sale sign on other side of creek was pulled. What are you saying it's not a buildable lot?

Town Board allows sewers in Cross Creek. This is a true recipe for disaster in years to come. No concern from planning Board or town board!

Developers do what they wish and brag about getting necessary permits from town and govt agencies to fill in wetlands.

We have a traffic study that we paid lots of money to be completed... If you remember correctly the worst area was Bowen and Broadway. Thats the only area I have no problem driving unless your puling in or out of Franks... William is a nightmare... But let's put Walmart up there... Oh yes that traffic study was completed by students....That makes me feel warm and fuzzy.........

Than there is my favorite after speaking to the board on continuing flooding and drainage issues. I was told by Giza to dynamite my neighbors bridges cause they are causing my problems...Those bridges have been there since I was a kid. Rerouting the creek and raising elevations 3-6 feet had nothing to do with pushing water to homeowners who have lived here for years... We can't change our elevation..

Then they say my backyard is a floodplain but were going to raise it 3 feet and it's OK to build there because we won't be building in your yard...HELLO anyone home........Giza says you can build on water if it's done the right way....Lancaster do something the right way you have to be kidding me!

Windsor Ridge South my favorite again which consists of 100's of wetlands with 1000's of different tributaries all running through property. We will fill in wetlands and Build homes..... Oh yes we will pass a Development for 300 homes and oh yeah we don't have sewer capacity, for this project we only have capacity for 100 homes if the developer runs the sewer line to pumping station. Erie county will buy the materials if developer completes the work!!!!!!!!! What kind of shi* is this......

DEC put's in a remediation area and when questioned about it filling in with water.The answer is That's the way it's suppose to be is the answer...

Water pressure is turned up to reach more homes and there have been about 5 water main breaks on Brunck Road alone. Do you know if those cause damage to your house or basement ...that's your responsibility... Just like flooding unless you carry flood insurance.....People should be nervous with all the issues in the southern teir where people lost everything and even with FEMA it's not a dent on replacement or repair.....

Speaking of FEMA has anyone heard about the floodplain mapping we were suppose to receive it at the end of the year. Can't wait to see this.....They already sent me a notice that I'm at high risk cause I live next to a creek that the Town moved years ago... NO Sh**

If I here one more time about all the money they saved us with the insurance fiasco for board members I'm going to spit nails. Amatura was the only one who brought this up and he literally got gang raped at the board meeting by everyone else.So you did absolutly nothing,zero.. got it.... So please don't insult us with everything you've done for us and I won't tell you what you can do with the clocks.

I have to take a break my blood pressure is rising be back later and I'll continue with a list of why to get rid of the old and in with the new!!!!

This could take all day
    because you see, Mr. Abraham was the "liason"of the go to person addressing complaints that many homeowners had for some of the hunters in the woods that were shooting towards the houses. This is not just for the new subdivision homes, this was also for homes that have been around a long time.

The bullets in the walls, hunters going wherever they want, well Giza & Co. say "hey I don't have an army to police this town". Well what the h--- does that mean?

Well it means just that, another fine example of our leadership at work protecting the citizens of this town that pays one of the highest taxes in the region.

Vote intelligently, PLEASE

As is abundantly clear on this web site, and if one carefully analyzes what has gone on in Lancaster over the last decade, we need to vote new people into the Town Board! It's long past the time when the Democratic Party's stranglehold on the town desperately needs to be fractured. Georgette Pelletterie and Gerald Bergin would start to provide the balance of power, and new ideas, that produces better governance and stewardship of the residents needs. Hopefully, the voters of Lancaster will wake up and not superficially vote for incumbents, but will vote intelligently instead. Good luck Georgette and Gerald!

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster wetlands View Post

Lets see

This could take all day
    My favorite's the airport. The Board told everyone they weren't the lead agency. Unfortunately, all the documents say THEY WERE THE LEAD AGENCY.

They dont give a Sh** about residents!!!!

If and only if they gave a sh** about residents they would have controlled growth since,they know our infrastructure cannot handle it......

If they gave a sh** they would not give a open permit to developers and enforce half the rules in this town.

Like spedes... Windsor ridge still has barriers laying in water a year after they were told but who cares it only effects the water.

If they gave a sh** they would be looking for ways to improve sewers,drainage, flooding and OMG TRAFFIC and roadways.

Who the hell gives a sh** about clocks,soccer fields and Band shelters. I'm worried about my house and property not a damn band shelter.......

If they gave a sh** they would of went into negotiations to cut all this extra BS and save tax payers money. Instead of paying a lawyer big bucks for accomplishing nothing but giving them a silver spoon... People are worried about making ends meet and keeping there homes, not be raped by the town board and paying higher taxes, In addition to this were paying these nitwits if they don't take the town insurance.. God help us

If they gave a Sh** they would have used the traffic study to determine areas/roadways that don't have any capacity left and areas where expansion and development would be detrimental to residents way of life.

If they gave a sh** they would know that Bob the Builders theory on building everywhere and fill up every green area with a development is only going to cost tax payers more money for infrastructure and services.

If they gave a sh** they would know that in this economy the town cannot sustain itself on 300 thousand dollar homes with $8000+ in taxes.

If they gave a sh** they would fight to protect residents way of life instead of rolling over for airport expansion, development and filling of wetlands. They would understand low flying planes over your head could be a nuisance and impair ones way of life. Will they pay for repairs, upgrades and noise control like Buffalo Airport. ( what did that cost!) They paid for windows,siding,insulation and air conditioning(so you don't have to open windows)

If they gave a sh** they would protect residents from failing bridges and backing up sewers before more development takes place.

If they gave a Sh** they would have set priorities which would not include clocks and soccer fields.

If they gave a sh** they would have controlled there own greed and one party politics that threatens and intimidates people to vote the party line.
    Didn't giza's son participate in this on a few occasions????????
    They would have put the residents needs above this BS.

You can't tell me residents accept the same old BS and not fed up with status Quo or angry with the direction of this town,county and State..

Vote and do something about it...Vote for change before it's to late!!!

Lancaster Wetlands, your tirade is justified

As a spokesperson for property owners neighboring the Windsor Ridge South 286 residential home development, you have been maligned more times and longer than any resident or group (except maybe myself) by a town board that has been insensitive to the potential and real quality of life impacts of you and your neighbors and indifferent to protecting the environment.

Thirty years ago, the Town of Lancaster redirected the direction of the south branch of Slate Bottom Creek. Whereas the creek ran in a south westerly direction from the bridge next to your house, the (most likely illegal) action brought the creek 339 feet directly south and along your property line, causing much of the flooding and drainage issues your parents and you have encountered over the years; and the structural damage to your house.

When you appeared before the board on getting relief, you were informed by the Supervisor, “Hey, that (redirection) happened under a different board, one that I did not serve on, as I have been on the board only 26 years.” Since your first board visit, the only one who offered you assistance was board member Amatura and Town Engineer Harris. But don’t lose site that Amatura is in charge of the drainage committee and that Harris is in charge of storm water control.

That does not exonerate the other board members from making insensitive/snide remarks or supporting means to bring your area relief. May I also express my sympathy to you for not receiving support from neighbors in your area who are not adversely impacted by the development (at least not yet). Some of the neighbors who have become affected have moved to support you (behind the scenes, afraid to publicly come forward). I have become well aware of those reverse NIMBY’s who don’t give a crap about someone else’s problems unless/until they become impacted.

Keep up the good fight as there much to be concerned about with that development. I don’t live anywhere there, but do know several residents who have homes there. You know I will be there to support you.

2010 - Seriously Folks

Vote
    Lee Chowaniec for Lancaster Town Supervisor!

Lee Chowaniec Honesty, Integrity, and Nothing but Factual unbiased Representation for Lancaster's Tax Payers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

As a spokesperson for property owners neighboring the Windsor Ridge South 286 residential home development, you have been maligned more times and longer than any resident or group (except maybe myself) by a town board that has been insensitive to the potential and real quality of life impacts of you and your neighbors and indifferent to protecting the environment.

Thirty years ago, the Town of Lancaster redirected the direction of the south branch of Slate Bottom Creek. Whereas the creek ran in a south westerly direction from the bridge next to your house, the (most likely illegal) action brought the creek 339 feet directly south and along your property line, causing much of the flooding and drainage issues your parents and you have encountered over the years; and the structural damage to your house.

When you appeared before the board on getting relief, you were informed by the Supervisor, “Hey, that (redirection) happened under a different board, one that I did not serve on, as I have been on the board only 26 years.” Since your first board visit, the only one who offered you assistance was board member Amatura and Town Engineer Harris. But don’t lose site that Amatura is in charge of the drainage committee and that Harris is in charge of storm water control.

That does not exonerate the other board members from making insensitive/snide remarks or supporting means to bring your area relief. May I also express my sympathy to you for not receiving support from neighbors in your area who are not adversely impacted by the development (at least not yet). Some of the neighbors who have become affected have moved to support you (behind the scenes, afraid to publicly come forward). I have become well aware of those reverse NIMBY’s who don’t give a crap about someone else’s problems unless/until they become impacted.

Keep up the good fight as there much to be concerned about with that development. I don’t live anywhere there, but do know several residents who have homes there. You know I will be there to support you.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

Lee, Thankyou for your support and sorry for my tirade which is all factual but after being at several of the Board meetings and seeing first hand what took place and there response to Amatura.

I can't believe the lies about everything they have done.If I read one more article I'm going to spit nails... You are right about snide remarks .... how many times residents are speaking and they make snide remarks to each other. How many times earlier in the year have people spoke about being fiscally responsible. If it was buying a tahoe or police cars many residents have spoken and no one listens...... How many years have we been paying for that grey elephant that leaks like a seive... How much to repair it.. Did we receive an answer on what there going to do?

What about missing chain saws from Oct storm or that 6 wheel land rover that were going to get lots of use from.. I'm tired of them thinking the residents are so stupid and don't know any better. I'm really tired of being told what a wonderful job they have done. Have they been at the same town meetings I've attended. Where our wonderful Board disrespects residents who come before them with issues and give the same answers.

You should have know better, Thats a county road and they have no money, we were not lead agency! That was a different Board then... Amnesia strikes again

Lee, I applaud you for keeping calm and always attending meetings and always being a voice of reason. You and the regulars continue to ask the hard questions and do all your homework to raise issues on facts.

I will keep up the fight until the last house is built because just like cross creek it is a recipe for disaster and one day will cost residents dearly.. With raising the elevation 3 feet I have no idea what the impact will be on my property..

We can forecast the results considering what has taken place with building of bowen square and what has happened to my property already. Since I now sit in a bowl the water only has one place to go....

I took a ride over to Windsor ridge South, some of those lots have three feet of water. If you drive by look at the back of the lots some of the front lots they filled in so you can't see all the water. On the one side they have a gully to drain water to the storm sewer.

It looks like they only sold about 4 or 5 homes. Sales must be slow.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Vote

Lee Chowaniec Honesty, Integrity, and Nothing but Factual unbiased Representation for Lancaster's Tax Payers.
    Sounds like a GREAT idea!!!!

Seriously,

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Vote

Lee has my vote too. LW you are not the only person that is tired of the "first I've heard of it" mentality.

Anyone else have their Pelletterie /Burgin yard sign go missing?

Mine is gone. It was dark coming home after the board meeting last night and dark when I went to vote this morning and I didn't notice if it was there at those times. But when leaving for grocery shopping at 8 this morning, the sign was gone.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Anyone else have their Pelletterie /Burgin yard sign go missing?

Mine is gone. It was dark coming home after the board meeting last night and dark when I went to vote this morning and I didn't notice if it was there at those times. But when leaving for grocery shopping at 8 this morning, the sign was gone.
    Mine were gone yesterday morning. also gone from my neighbors lawn.
    Quite the brave person, coming on my property and stealing my signs.
    They should consider themselves very lucky i didnt catch them cause they wouldnt be stealing any more if I did! But then it is hard to catch the low life who think stealing signs actually influence elections, because they never have enough guts to show themselves.
    Bet the "brave" 5 STAR somehow knows!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information