Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deposits on Bottled Water

Deposits on Bottled Water

Deposits on Bottled Water Will Take Effect October 31
    Nickel deposits will be imposed on bottled water in New York State starting on October 31. U.S. District Judge Deborah Batts has issued an order lifting an injunction on the deposits. All containers of water smaller than one gallon will have a five-cent refundable deposit, as beer and soda containers have for years. the nys money machine starts up again
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

It would be nice if the deposits were reinvested into green projects and jobs. They will think of ways "politicians" to spend it for other programs..
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

My understanding is you pay 5 cents deposit on a bottle and when you return it you get the 5 cents back. It works just like the regular bottle deposit in place now.
    My music is the expression of my soul. If my song is censored, I'll sing it loud somewhere else.

Well, I should of been more distinct. I am talking about the unclaimed deposits for containers that were never returned.

Just another way for the cretins in Albany to take more of your money for their insatiable appetite. The fleecing continues.

Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    Well, I should of been more distinct. I am talking about the unclaimed deposits for containers that were never returned.
    Forgive me, but I do not know how the deposit system works. Do wholesalers pay the state up front deposits and then get reimbursed back? How much money is that? How does the state capitalize on those funds?

Oh I get you now. What I've done recently, because I drink a lot of water, is put a filter on my faucet and fill a large pitcher with filtered water. Then I fill either a stainless steel bottle or a BPA free plastic bottle and take it with me. I save a lot of money and am not give any money to the "machine" and stop polluting the earth all at the same time.
    My music is the expression of my soul. If my song is censored, I'll sing it loud somewhere else.

Here are three links. It would be kinda long if I copied and pasted..

http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/8834.html

http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/8500.html

Sierra club unofficial version of new Bigger better Bottle Bill

http://newyork.sierraclub.org/longis...startpage.html

Since I gp to Pittsburgh every Two weeks I will stop at sams in Erie buy 5 cases of water $20.00 Save $7.50 on the deposite bring them home and send to the landfill. I win NY looses Oh Sams is at 7200 Peach Street right off 90.
    FUNY

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    Since I gp to Pittsburgh every Two weeks I will stop at sams in Erie buy 5 cases of water $20.00 Save $7.50 on the deposite bring them home and send to the landfill. I win NY looses Oh Sams is at 7200 Peach Street right off 90.
    FUNY
    Your a vet like me? Plastics is made from Petroleum. Where do we get 90% of our oil from?

Why do you want to give your money to the Middle east that support terrorism against us? It is not enough that our kids are sent over there!!

You pay the nickle and you get it back.. The money stays here and we use less petro.

That is pro- America to me..

Your a vet like me? Plastics is made from Petroleum. Where do we get 90% of our oil from?

Why do you want to give your money to the Middle east that support terrorism against us? It is not enough that our kids are sent over there!!

You pay the nickle and you get it back.. The money stays here and we use less petro.

It keeps the bottles out of landfills and the roadsides as well!

Spend the $40 on a Brita and call it a day.

I have been using the same 6 gatorade bottles since January. I use a tiny bit of cleaning solution that home brewers use to clean carboys.

Sorry I wont help NY untill it helps itself.I dont have time to stand in line returning bottles I did that in the service. If NY gets it crap togeather I will help but untill then its destroy mode for me.Thanks for your service "I mean that"

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    It keeps the bottles out of landfills and the roadsides as well!
    I plan on throwing mine out the window when I go through Catt county. Maybe down by that gas well.Did I tell you how impressed i was.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    I have been using the same 6 gatorade bottles since January. I use a tiny bit of cleaning solution that home brewers use to clean carboys.
    What kind of soap is that? I've heard reusing the same water bottle too much can create a lot of bacteria... but using regular dish soap to clean them is hard to rinse out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information